TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: C4: Thievery

C4: Thievery

Me likey this mission. Very unique abuse of the Thief engine, may overshadow Night of the Singing Potion in that respect, but this mission is just that good.

Is it just me, or is the author trying to make a statement that ThieveryUT would be more fun like this than the DM/Camping/CS with more waiting fest it currently is?

Don't know, never played Thievery UT, but it was stunning to see AI putting out torches for me, and also climbing ropes and hopping into windows! I wouldn't want to play Thief like this all the time, because, like Garrett told Viktoria: " I work alone ." Not my fave of the competition, but what the other did with the engine is definitely very impressive.

Imagine it on a grander scale. Thief multiplayer co-op, where the bots don't do that work for you, your human teammates do. On a mission not nearly so linear. I think the author's trying to paint a bigger picture. You may have to play TUT to get that feeling.

I found it fun in a unique sort of way, especially loot hunting whatever the bots didn't grab.

It's odd, but I don't recall any bots in that mission... maybe it's because I played on normal.

"Bots" actually is a UT term for an AI (or computer controled player). So the "bots" would be your teammates (and technically the guards as well).

This was a very very awesome level. I'm truely amazed it is possible to set this kind of a thing up in Dromed. I'm impressed beyond words by whomever set this baby up! The scripting involved must be devistating

I did have one problem though - I can't seem to climb out of the sewer! When I try to get into the Inn through the sewer, I only get partway out, then fall back down. Has anyone had better luck? (I could simply be sucky at climbing ladders in confined spaces ) I think that I'm hitting my head on the steps and thus unable to move up high enough to exit. Not a big problem, and a very small thing in comparison to the overiding coolness of the rest of the level, just wondering if I'm not alone.

Excellent job who ever you are! Wonderful job on an amazing FM!
    (Now, who are you, I wonder? Can't wait to find out!)

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Originally posted by kfort
    Excellent job who ever you are! Wonderful job on an amazing FM!
    (Now, who are you, I wonder? Can't wait to find out!)
    Gee, I wonder.... let's see, who did the mission in C3 with all those thousands of links and triggers.... (I have a guess.... can't you tell?)

Sneaky1Kenobi
    Kfort,

To get out of the sewer climb up as far as you can go, turn to the left 1/4 turn, then do a run/jump to get out. I guess the K man made this one! Great!

Thanks!
    I just knew there had to be a way

Hmm, I'd think it was Komag's work also, except that it was one of the late ones. It doesn't make any sense for the contest guy's mission to be lost in the mail! (Although it is remotely possible that was done just to confuse us, I rather doubt that - way too much effort for such a trivial matter).
    It definately has to be one of the scripting gurus we have around here, and it certainly isn't a first mission. I'd guess William the Taffer (I know he entered the contest), but I suspect he has his hands full with DP2. I'm sure Thievery took a whole lot of time and energy for whomever made it. Untill the list of authors comes out, it's really hard to guess, because I'm not even sure who entered.

Quite a masterpiece
    Kfort

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I'm guessing Will did Amnesia.... which leaves this one to someone like telliamed or even Purah. LIke you said, though, we're just shooting in the dark until Komag publishes a list of the authors.

I'm playing as Assassin this fm for the first time and I'm stuck in the sewer, there's a portculliss that I don't know how to open, so I cannot proceed