TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343940414243444546474849545964697479848994 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2585

Thread: Almalexia is a psycho

Thats just awesome! I'm not quite green with envy though!
    The views expressed in my post are not necessarily mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordana
    I'm sort of bleached out looking in this photo-I hate flash photography
    That's not from the flash light, that's just you shining with happiness!

LOL Could be, could be....I'm pleased you all like the piccy

Ania! I haven't heard from you for ages....so I decided a public shaming was in order! If I don't get an email or PM sharpish, I'm withholding your birthday pressie!

Same goes for you, Jordana! Except I don't have a birthday present for you, of course. I need to recieve one from you first before I'll even think about getting you one

Hello..

Hi there.. anyone remember a Lizard from way back when this thread was shiny and new? I'm glad to see the thread is still partying on in the grand old pure and innocent style! Whilst I've been gone you've all never been far from my mind (I think the mental scarring may be permanent! )

A belated Happy Birthday Jordy! (I seem to remember I was a bit late last year too ) And that must surely mean that Lady Ania's birthday is not far off either, if I remember correctly? (oh and checking below, Jordy's post is a bit of a giveaway too...)

And above all - Congratulations on the fantastic Lurtz hunt result! - well done indeedy! *pops cork on magnum of champagne*

Hope everyone's doing just dandy!

Way hey! the prodigal lizard returns!

Good to have you back

Ania

Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade
    Same goes for you, Jordana! Except I don't have a birthday present for you, of course. I need to recieve one from you first before I'll even think about getting you one
    Awww....I didn't realise you missed my PMs so much Ok I will make the effort to write to you soon Unless you're being sarcastic?

And hey Lacerta!!!! I was thinking not 2 days ago that I really should send you a PM and find out if you were still around. It's great to have you back

And the Lurtz hunt was very cool-I didn't even have to chase after him as the poor man was trapped behind a table. Bwahahaha!
    I hope I'll get to meet him again sometime......I think he really loved the idea of the Blue Orc Society

*Gets birthday cake and candles for Ania*

*Checks for fire brigade before lighting that many candles*

You'll be catching up with me soon. Then I'll be laughing at YOU.

But I still get Four months a year to call you an old bag

What? No new posts even during the time I spent at the seaside?

I start school on the twenty-third. I don't want too. On the other hand, I'm not a freshman anymore. Go sophomores, yay!

School

School? So long ago it's merely a shadow (I know I'm going to get blitzed about that - Happy Birthday Ania by the way!).... now trapped in the endless void of work and gainful employment....

Hmm.. sophmore.. means nothing to a Brit like me.. how old's that?

Best years of your life they are, school days.... (well, make that uni/college and you're closer!)
    Last edited by Lacerta; 7th Aug 2004 at 20:08. Reason: awful grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Lacerta
    School? So long ago it's merely a shadow (I know I'm going to get blitzed about that - Happy Birthday Ania by the way!).... now trapped in the endless void of work and gainful employment....
    Heheh. I had to reread that a couple of times-for a minute I thought you meant ANIA was trapped in an endless void of work and gainful employment...

I'm afraid it's true. Sophomore is 10th grade, and High School in America only goes up to 12th (a Senior.) I'm not sure how many grades they have in England, but I think they combine 6th grade with Elementary School, aye? Seems strange, but I've been living in America too long.

School, eh? I remember that... it wasn't all that fun.
    But then again, working at the university is kind of like attending school, only that they pay you money for doing it

Happy belated birthday, Ania!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordana
    Heheh. I had to reread that a couple of times-for a minute I thought you meant ANIA was trapped in an endless void of work and gainful employment...
    Does sound a bit unlikely

I have a definite lack of friends who care about my life, so I've decided to tell all of you about my weekend and hope I get some sympathy

Trouble is, it's a landlocked state; there are no beaches. They solved that problem by building a massive lake (there's about 1,300 miles of shoreline.) I've never been much of a fan for boating, and I was about to find less of a reason to be one.

They have no limit on the size of boats allowed on the lake, and for reasons mentioned above, people buy ocean going boats (and also serve seafood and act like it was caught out of the lake.) These giant boats leave a wake behind them that are huge, and our boat is only of average size. Can you imagine falling into a four foot hole of water and back up again? The first day we were there we hit a wave like that and left the water. I almost wet my pants.

No amount of words can describe what the water looked like or the fear I went through on Saturday. Saturday was overcast and cold, but my dad decided to go out on the boat anyway. Unfortunately, it started to rain and soon there was a good-sized storm. The lake looked just like the ocean now, with bloody great big waves anywhere from four to eight feet high. Add this to the waves left behind from ocean going boats, and I was in a right panic. At one point we fell sideways into a wave and the boat almost flipped. (I fell and hit my face on a chair )

When I finally got back to our little condo, I was kissing the ground. I declined an invitation by my parents to go out again and apparently missed a great show in a bar set on the shore of the lake. I didn't care.

Sunday wasn't too bad. I just got sunburned.

Because of this and several other factors, I have decided to buy a farm in Italy when I retire. My house will be of meditteranean style and stay firmly in the ground and have to go through nothing worse than the occasional typhoon. I will also have a room built out of solid steel.
    Last edited by RyushiBlade; 24th Aug 2004 at 18:55.

I say: Grab a surf board or body board, jump in and enjoy the ride! However, I'm an Aussie (and also insane), so my reaction may not be the norm.

*throws snowball at the Aussie*
    Where I live you can never be too far away from the sea, on account of the fact that I live on the South Island. I'd say your just over reacting, unless the boat flips than it was jusy a little ripple and if the boat does flip then it is approaching swell size, have you gone out in the middle of the sea in a storm? 4-8 foot does not size up well to 20 foot.

My boat isn't made for the sea though

Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade
    My boat isn't made for the sea though
    Poor Ryushi.....*gives soothing huggle* I'm sorry for your aquatic trauma.
    Still, it's better than getting stuck in an underwater grotto with your "water breathing" spell rapidly wearing off

Thank you Jordana. Atleast someone is willing to feel for me!

I'm tired of only being able to send my writing to people my own age. The criticism I recieve consists of, "wat is this it make no sens" or "That was pretty cool, you did a good job."

So! I'm looking for someone with above average intelligence, a fine grasp of the english language, and preferrably a college degree to read the prologue and first chapter of a novel I have begun to write. I would like harsh criticism, since I will be trying to get it published when I finish it (sooner or later.)

Any takers? ... Please? If you PM me with your email address I can send it to you. I'm too lazy to upload it to my site for everyone to read.

Actually, if you're just capable of harsh criticism, I'd probably send it to you too.
    Last edited by RyushiBlade; 18th Aug 2004 at 00:18. Reason: Because I am myself.

You can send it to me (I'm sure you can find my email address - if EVERY FREAKING SPAMMER IN THE WHOLE WORLD can find it, I'm sure you can as well.) if you want. I don't have an English degree, but I can spot spelling and gramatical errors, and I also use words like "trite".

It's also better than being trapped under a lake full of honey after a certain Jordana tied your tail tied to a fridge.. (the less feeling side being expressed there!)

What's the novel about Ryushi?

Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343940414243444546474849545964697479848994 ... LastLast