TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 63 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1318232833384348535859606162636465666768737883889398103 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2585

Thread: Almalexia is a psycho

Ah.. mace.. the ultimate expression of love..

Good to see you're alive Jordy, and hopefully well, tip top and tickety boo..

Now.. if I can extract my undies from my derriere.. I have to go off and bother some newts.. it's ok.. I have a licence..

How did you do on your N.E.W.T? I took my O.W.L. and barely passed! Gosh!

Just wizard thanks...

Talking of people we haven't seen for awhile.. anyone know how Ania is?

Quite well, thanks- other than the horrible hot weather getting to me!

My internet connection at home is useless (dial-up- too far away from the exchange for broadband! grrr!) and I also keep getting virus warnings when trying to go on ttlg, then the error screen- so ttlg is unusable from home. It also happens with several other sites.

I have an up to date antivirus package (Norton's) but I suspect that there must be nasty little redirect thingy somewhere on my computer. I looked for it in Program Files, but can't find it. Any suggestions? I daren't delete anything in the Windows directory.

Anyway, that's the end of my lunch hour, so back to the grind!

Ania

Have you tried clearing out all the cookies and offline files that the t'internet stores on your hard drive?

I don't know how computer literate you are, so apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs (you know I mean well), but go to Control panel, then internet options, and select the delete cookies and delete files options (including ticking the little box that says something like "delete all offline content"). Also clear out your history too. Sometimes those little "re-direct" blighters get stuck in there. Downloading something like Microsoft Antispyware (free) might also help.

Glad to hear you're fine and dandy.. I think the weather's going to break very soon from the look of the clouds here...

L.

Mmm... sucking eggs...

Step One
    Download Adaware. I've been using this for a long time. It picks up the occasional trojan and other virus, but Adaware focuses primarily on finding and removing adware.

Step Two
    Run this free online virus scan. It's a great site. You don't need to download an application or anything. Since it's fully online, all the virus databases are 100% up-to-date. It will identify most viruses, malware, and adware you have, though it isn't the best at actually removing them. However, it gives you step-by-step instructions on how to manually remove every virus it identifies.
    Things can get complicated here. You'll more than likely be editing your system registry which CAN be very dangerous. So long as you follow the instructions exactly, nothing bad will happen. However, if it tells you to delete something and you can't find it, do not delete anything that looks similar. Just skip that step.
    You'll also have to boot up your computer into Safe Mode when you decide to remove what gets identified. To boot up into safemode go to Start > Run > MSconfig, then select the BOOT.INI tab. From there, check the box /SAFEBOOT and click OK. When you restart, you'll be in safemode. To get out of safemode, do the same thing but uncheck the box.

Step Three
    After running both of the above and removing said files, run them both again just to make sure nothing came back after restarting. If everything seems clean, or is as clean as you can get it, go on to Step Four.

Step Four
    Download Firefox. Seriously, if you don't have it, get it. It's a thousand times better than Internet Explorer. Plus, it lets you have tabbed browsing, which makes surfing the web much easier. If you're on Firefox you'll avoid a lot of the malware and viruses associated with IE.

And voila. One very-nearly-almost crystal clear, so-clean-you-could-eat-off-it computer. These are the only two apps I use. I don't even have a full-time virus scanner. Feel free to run Ad-Aware in Safemode, which makes it even easier to remove what it picks up.

Speaking of weather, there was a huge storm here on Wednesday. It was the first storm in fifteen years to move SW across the state (instead of east). It was a biggun, too. Ripped the roof off a house and flung it onto a car, knocked out power to 450,000, blew out the windows of a skyscraper in St. Louis, completely shutdown an international airport... They made everyone in the airport go to baggage claim including those out in the parking lot.

Also, it spawned a few tornadoes. One of 'em touched down inside Metropolitan St. Louis. Everything above was caused just by the storm itself--which had 60+ mph winds--not by a tornado.

I hate living in the Midwest

It's a crying shame but this country has now declined to the point where an inch of snow shuts everything down, the "wrong kind" of leaves stop trains and our dear old nanny state whines on at us to stay out of the sun so much that people are now getting vitamin d deficiency. Whatever happened to common sense? Did they not think that we might have warm summers when they laid the railway tracks that warp in our (not so hot really) heat? I mean, yes, skin cancer is a very important issue and care should be taken to avoid it, but a little sun is good for you and there's no need to be paranoid about it (unless you're a sun cream manufacturer).

It's sad...

Sorry.. am in grumpy old fart mood today...

I heard starlight gives you cancer. Then again, what doesn't these days?

wow

is this the longest post ever on a psycho apparently

Possibly possibly.. and truth be told, and I can only tell you guys this because like, you've been real supportive.. and like you've been like family throughout this whole programme and you mean so much to me guys...

I've never even met Almalexia....

Dude, you guys are just posers, ok? Like, I met Almalexia BEFORE she was like famous and stuff, you know? And you like, don't even know what you're talking about! She was like totally all right at first, real fun, and we like hung out all the time. But then she started like doing drugs and stuff and like I didn't know what was going on. Next thing I know she was like totally psycho, you know? And like, I don't want to get mixed up in all that stuff. And that's like all I'm here for.

Morrowind.TTLG.com

I was there before the whole "Red Mountain" thing.

You should really go meet Almalexia. She is psycho.

Also: Most of this thread isn't even about Almalexia being psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker
    Also: Most of this thread isn't even about Almalexia being psycho.

What... you mean really? This whole, years long, thread is off topic and I didn't notice? Heh heh..

I just thought that Almalexia had a penchant for peeps, seas of chocolate sauce, strawberry shortcake and garden ornaments transmogrified from people...

I am SO naive...

Quote Originally Posted by Striker
    Most of this thread isn't even about Almalexia being psycho.
    No, it is about us being psycho.

I'd just like to remind you all, had it not been for my oh so noobish nature when I first became part of this forum, this thread would have stayed dead, wether or not that's good, I can't really say though.....

Oh, trust me. This thread would have kept going.

I will take your word for it.....

It's like a bad horror movie.. just when you think the beastie is dead.. the creepy music starts again..

but you are fresh blood to the feast.. some of our old retainers are cropping up less frequently now. Almost attaining mythical status some of them.

It's like a bad horror movie
    But can you withstand the terror of...Meat Cake?

Actually, that looks very, very tasty. I'd eat it. If it was warmed up, of course. I think I'd have preferred BBQ or steak sauce instead of ketchup. And some really dark, thick gravy to pour on individual slices, just like chocolate!

Ugh.. Ketchup.. the devil's sputum...

But other than that it looks kind of tasty..

Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade
    Actually, that looks very, very tasty. I'd eat it. If it was warmed up, of course. I think I'd have preferred BBQ or steak sauce instead of ketchup. And some really dark, thick gravy to pour on individual slices, just like chocolate!
    I think chocolate sauce is greatly over represented in this thread, and we seem to turn to food every now and again without warning.

and usually around lunch time. Speaking of which..

Page 63 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1318232833384348535859606162636465666768737883889398103 ... LastLast