TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 Breakout from Apocalypse Prison - 2005.10.02

T2 Breakout from Apocalypse Prison - 2005.10.02

Important See here for fix for this mission - thanks Unna Oertdottir.

I'm happily playing the 4th small mission contest missions and certainly, a lot of work appears to have gone into Breakout From Apocalypse Prison. I've enjoyed the mission and made some progress but need help.

spoiler:
    So far, I've defeated War (nice "hack" solution), Pestilence, and Death (the latter two with holy water arrows). How do I defeat Famine? (He has a force field protecting him and the dude (at Easy difficulty, it's just one dude) that the book says you're supposed to harass also seems invincible to arrows, holy water, etc.)

One nit (bug?) in the mission:

spoiler:
    I figured I could defeat Pestilence by releasing some of the other prisoners with my Cell Key and sending 'em to battle this creature. No dice. They seem to be the most utterly oblivious (immune to light and noise) characters I've ever seen! (I'm playing at "Easy" difficulty.) That's why I had to kill Pestilence with my Holy Water arrow.

Overall, this definitely appears to be one of the more creative missions of the lot.

- Pete James

Do you have a water arrow left? If you don't you're in trouble and it sounds like that's the case. If you do, then have you seen a note from Angela asking for a drink of water? Give her one and she'll take care of him for you.

BANNED
    A drink of water?? How? Hit her in the face with a water arrow???

Yup!

I have killed Pestilence and Famine. I cannot open the safe locker in War's room, and, I also wonder how can I kill Death without holy water arrows? What shall I do with the code machine in the library?

This mission is outstandingly creative!

lauriah When you killed each of the other Horsemen, you should have found a scroll with some numbers on them. You put those numbers together to make the combination for the code box. You'll need to dispose of War, first, though. Flip the lever on the console that opens the metal doors down below and starts a battle between the Hammerites and the Mechanists. Once you've done that, look under the platform that War is standing on and there will be a panel open that wasn't before. Run over and flip the lever and it opens the "safe" that is on the wall below the platform with the console on it. Then you need to hit the "down" button with an arrow. You can't push it. That will lower War into the water tank and destroy him. Once he's destroyed you can collect the last number scroll and you should be able to come up with the combination you need. Once you've done that, you'll get access to a room where you'll find a weapon that will destroy Death.

Thank you, Nightwalker! Somehow the mission doesn't work like it should,
    spoiler:
    I only found Famine's scroll, but I took a glance of the books in the mission's zip so I got the missing numbers and destroyed Death. War would be simple to destroy, if I had an arrow... where can I find one, I have searched everywhere... And, where in earth is the warden's wife's gift (perhaps it is revealed when all the horsemen are killed, but I haven't seen anything yet)
    ???

There are broadheads in a locked chest in a room at the end of the same hallway as the door to Pestilence's room. There's a bug associated with the trinket. It's worn by one of the creatures in the room with Famine. It didn't stay ticked off for me, but apparently, if you get it last and don't save before the end of the mission, that it will work properly. As for the number scrolls, I've run into that problem myself. They either don't appear sometimes, or end up someplace where you can't get at them.

I'm having trouble with this one too, I'm playing on medium and all my objectives are checked off except for killing any bystanders (which shouldn't be anyhow). Is Death supposed to drop a scroll? I killed Death finally and now nothing happens, how do I end this?
    God is love. Love is blind. Ray Charles is blind. Therefore, Ray Charles is God.

Well, I myself didn't even find the trinket, I searched every person in the famine-room and the only one I could imagine would wear the trinket is standing in a red dress on the unreachable altar (I cannot get myself anywhere near the altar, is this intentional?) totally ignorant of everything.

I found a gold tiara on the belt of the character standing directly in front of the altar (I presume this is what Nightwalker was talking about) but the objective did not tick off for me when I took it. I am having the same problem as you with regards to getting to the altar. I presume there is a spell which you have to counter but how I don't know. Anyone help???

I just went and replayed Apocalypse Prison. I tried leaving the "trinket" until last, but it wouldn't tick off. I tried taking it, anyways, and not saving, then heading for the room at the end of the passageway from War's room, where I'd been told the mission should end, but it didn't because the trinket objective was still unticked. I've checked all the other threads about this mission and from everything I've read, the trinket is the tiara worn by the creature in Famine's room, so I'm assuming it just won't work. Despite this, I really enjoyed playing this mission. I hope that whoever made it will fix it and re-release it after the contest is over.

But what about the altar?

As far as I know, there's no need to get up there, though I can't say for sure. I was told, by someone that got it to finish, that the trinket was the necklace hanging from the guy in front and that you just went to the room with the dead guy on the floor to end it. I guess we'll have to wait until the contest ends to find out for sure. Then we can ask whoever made it.

I think I'm getting confused here. I have killed War, Famine and Pestilence but Death is still running around like the mad cackling fool he is. I believe I need asword. Any help???

Thanx

If you cannot find the
    spoiler:
    scrolls near the bodies of Famine, Pestilence, and War
    you should
    spoiler:
    search the books-folder of the mission's zipfile for the digits of the code for the codemachine in the library.

And if you find trouble in that,
    spoiler:
    the complete code is 5632

spoiler:
    The code opens a room in the library where you can find the weapon to kill Death. The weapon is quite handy, it also works as a portable shadow

Thanx L

Exactly how do I open the other cell doors? Death's key doesn't work, lockpicks don't work, the thing on the floor of the cell next to the starting position doesn't work...how do I let Angela out?

That key is really hard to spot. It's
    spoiler:
    tucked in a little hole in the base of the stairs up to War's room.

Struggling on this mission.

spoiler:
    Only have 2 water arrows but cannot end famine and destroy pestilence with just 2. I've tried using the sword on the zombie but i cannot get close. How else can I do both?

ferret -

Pestilence:
    spoiler:
    hit the forgbeast with your sword or broadhead until it explodes, be careful tho this may kill you

famine:
    spoiler:
    hit the girl asking for a drink of water in the face wih a water arrow

Breakout Apocalypse Prison

Really need help with this FM. Got the sword but can't find the lockpicks???
    The nut keeps attacking me but I can't kill him....I need to find the blackjack
    to KO this guy...please help! Thanks. BC

You need to
    spoiler:
    take the key that the haunt is wearing and use it to open the wall safes in the room downstairs with the frogbeast in the middle. Your lockpicks are in there.
    I don't think there's a BJ in this mission.

Breakout from Apocalypse Prison

Thanks Nightwalker but I have another little problem. I've finished all
    of the objectives but can't get the game to end. After finishing everything
    you are suppose to go back thru the War room to the room with the dead guy
    and the game should end...correct? Thanks. BC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast