TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thief FM "The Bluecoat's Training Facility" Mar. 11/03

Sneaky1Kenobi
    Any help? I still can't find Constantines Sword!

I haven't played the rereleased version, but in the first version,
    spoiler:
    I found the sword inside the vault.

Sneaky1Kenobi
    Okay, I feel really stupid but I have to just ask - what is the combination to the vault? I never found
    spoiler:
    any word spelled by beer bottles
    and I am assuming that the
    spoiler:
    guardlog is the book found at the guard station just outside of the compound. It says it was opened twice so I assumed chapter 2??
    Can someone just give me the combination?

I've just started the second version of the mission and I'm having a problem with loading save, as Child of Karras mentioned. It crashes back to Windows everytime I try to load a save. I presume this wasn't a problem with the first version?

Beer bottles: Look in the bar
    Guardlog: Check the novice barracks

Bluecoats Facility

I can't get into the vault.
    This is the code I come up with:
    spoiler:
    but nothing happens...
    Something I missed or what

I haven't had time to finish this yet myself, but I checked some other posts and came up with this as the combination: 6538 I hope that's right and it helps you out.

I had just mixed the numbers....

already done vault, how do you get through door after secret passage in fritz' room?

I've followed the passageway through the water and I've come to a small room filled with some books and another door, how do I get through it?

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

You can't get out that door. It's mentioned in a note that it is jammed shut with a piece of metal. The only thing in there is a clue about where to look for a key. You leave the same way you entered.

so that's the door that's jammed shut, ah ok thanks

Edumacated
    Yeah, i know that "The Bluecoat's Training Facility" does take some headwork i thought it might make things intresting. If you get really stumped and can't get any further, feel free to visit my complete walkthrough..... Here

Hope you enjoy it!

Timmy
    ThiefFm Editor, Producer, and Designer of The Bluecoat's Training Facility. Sequal Fm, -> The Eye's Betrayal. 36% complete ==> CANCELLED.

Edumacated
    Is it only quickload? or is it loading period?

I had a great time playing it, Timmy, so thank you very much for releasing it. I thought that everything flowed very well. The clues were fairly well placed, so I didn't have trouble figuring out what to do next. Very enjoyable mission!

This was happening to me before the new version (haven't downloaded it yet). Loading any save crashes the game, and even worse, locks my system up I tried reinstalling it and that didn't help either. I meant to come post and ask about it but well RL interferes sometimes.

I'd still love to play it if I can figure out how to get it to work hehe.

~Shaz

Edumacated
    Thanks man. I wasn't intending on creating another ThiefFM but now 1 month after release, i seem to be catching "DromEd withdrawl" . Needless to say im 10 hours into the sequal
    ThiefFm Editor, Producer, and Designer of The Bluecoat's Training Facility. Sequal Fm, -> The Eye's Betrayal. 36% complete ==> CANCELLED.

Edumacated
    ill look into this

That's great. I really want to play it cause' missions like this, I like best.

And what's with the empty lockers in the lockeroom? Expected at least SOME loot or equipment...

OMG! I can't figure out the vault codes in Bluecoats Training Facility!

In the armory I found a vault door that can't light up. There is a code device nearby, I had picked up a note of the codes somewhere but I could no longer find the note!

Hi, Jenny The code you need is
    spoiler:

Edumacated
    Hi, if you are looking for the note with the code puzzle on it.....
    spoiler:
    it can be found in the green safe to the right of the keypad

Need more hints? see my signature

workshop

Hi,
    I don't know if anybody experienced the same prob, but the workshop key does not work, and whatever tool I try it doesn't even make the classical sound it makes when a door is picked.
    What can it be?
    BTW, a very enjoable mission!

Can't seem to get hold of this one:-
    Version 1: epithumia's site doesn't work for me, whilst FilePlanet ignores my membership.
    Version 2: where is "The Underground"? Besides which, NXMT & Nightwalker are pointing out crashes from the load screen - is this going to be fixed?

Is there a clear, working link to one of these versions? Please?

Thanx.

Sorry, folks - didn't look at the dates of this thread. D/l from Thiefmissions.com (can't think how I previously missed this one...)

Edumacated
    hey guys thanks for checking out my map, this thread brought back some good memories I'll confess that I'm not really sure what to tell you about the workshop key, and if you're looking for version 2, check the link on the front page of the website in my signature, it links to gamespy and I beleive my login still works. There's also a walkthrough in my signature link. Hope you enjoyed this mission, I have many pleasent memories of making it.

Edit - If I remmember correctly I had difficulty getting some of the door sounds to work correctly (it has to do with the sound brushes I think). Are you sure you have the right key? thats the only thing I can think, I never heard from anyone with this problem before. Maybe the downstairs door if I remmember correctly?

Tim
    Last edited by Thief13x; 6th Aug 2007 at 00:54.