TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: The Turtle on its back

The Turtle on its back

First, let me begin with a well-done to the author. This mission is very nicely designed and has really original gameplay. You should definitely give it a try if you're looking for something unusual.
    Now to my question: I finished the mission with 1115/1195 loot but I just couldn't find any more. Normally, I do not care about getting all loot but this FM is so small that it should be easy (in theory... ). I guess it's hidden in the locked door near the exit from the Turtle but I couldn't find the key anywhere.

Preno,

I believe you've missed the diamond drill in the room behind the guard beside the exit. It is quite difficult to get it. And about the door you mentioned, I think there is no way to open it, at least I couldn't find any key. Perhaps it is just a prop . I'm sure someone out there knows more about it?
    Nightwalker?

Nope, I got that one. And besides, I believe it's impossible to get over 1000 without finding it.

It's not impossible, I found the required loot without opening the door...

Um, I think we're each talking about something different. I meant that I thought it's impossible to fulfill the loot requirement without finding the drill - it's worth about 100.

Ah, yes. Now we understand each other.

C'mon, someone has to know. Nightwalker?

Sorry I didn't get to this before. I've just been VERY busy with betatesting some terrific new missions that you're going to get to play very shortly.

I don't think that metal door opens. I've never been able to get it open anyway. Here's a loot list for the level, though:

spoiler:

Starting section - Small statue on the floor - 15g.
    Upper floor, where you get the silver gear from a guard - Drill - 250g. (go down the hole beside the elevator. The drills at the very end of the passageway at the bottom)On the same floor, in the room with the guard, there are 2 metal cylinders, worth 100g. (365), sitting on the divider in the middle of the room
    Lower floor - in the room with the air pocket - vase - 20g. (385), in the locked room - navigation globe - 400g. (785).
    Lower floor, through the door that unlocks with the silver gear - in the compartment to the left, after you go through the door, on the bottom of the lower part at the back - 4 gold coins - 80g. (865), in the compartment to the right, inside the chest - 40g. (905)
    In the room with the guard to the left as you head for outside - drill - 190g. (1095),
    Outside - sandbag on the bottom - 100g. (1195).

I hope that helps out.

Thanks! I think I've missed the coins...

Taking a break
    I thought I was the only one who had done an
    underwater mission! This one's great!

Actually, it seems that the drill in the room behind the guard by the exit (how are you supposed to get BY him???) is worth 250, making it a required item. I had 945 before getting it, and it pushed me up to full loot, 1195, but I didn't survive the return trip.

Maybe the other drill is worth 190.
    I am Garrett of Thief. Resistance is futile - you will be robbed. Your individual wealth will be added to my own.

John, what was your underwater mission?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

This question has been asked twice before (this and another thread) but neither have been answered.
    The guard in the room with the drill, How are you supposed to get BY him. Im stumped. That flash mine doesn't help me much.

I apologize for the guard! Bad design descision I'm afraid.
    I'm sure there are a few mines around that you could throw at him!

You can't open the metal door. A restriction caused by the 64x64x64 limit that was imposed on the mission. I have a 'dry' version of the level as well, the right way up. It's not as much fun though

Glad people are enjoying the mission. I look forward to bringing you t2x (it's nearly finished, honest!)
    Gonchong
    T2X Designer
    www.gonchong.co.uk