TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Lord Alan's Fortress (Apr.3/2003)

T2 FM: Lord Alan's Fortress (Apr.3/2003)

"Lord Alan's Fortress" is out.
    At the moment this mission is available only at my Flash site:

http://lordalan.altervista.org/

Additional download links (added by Nightwalker):
    http://www.thiefmissions.com/m/Fortress_v1a
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...M-Download.xml
    http://darklurker.org/T2_DarkOrg.html

But before I go to bed and catch up on some of the sleep that I lost during the long construction of this mission I want to thank all my betatesters:
    Andrea Marchi (Nephentes)
    Barbara (Hawklette)
    Linda (Nightwalker)
    Peter Smith
    Scott Murchison (Slyfoxx)
    Sterlino

And the friends who made translations and text reviews:
    Nightwalker and her husband, Bernie (final English edit)
    Hopper (German translation)
    Phylia and Stuart Carbery (first rough English translation)
    Ramirez's Old Fat Burrick (French translation)

Thanks to Scott Murchison for his Garrett’s voice.

Thanks to Andrea Marchi for some good paintings.

A special thanks to Peter Smith who helped me to focus the story.
    He has written some good texts to improve it.
    He also provided me a lot of really constructive criticism.

Thanks, in anticipation, to all the people who will host this mission on their site for
    download.

I would like to take this opportunity to also thank all the people who sent me feedback and comments about my first mission: Lord Alan's Basement.

Thanks again to Linda and Peter because their constant interest in this mission helped me to go on with my work.

Just only one word again:
    THIEF IS ART

IMPORTANT NOTE: I suggest you play this mission after a fresh boot. Both the complexity of the architecture and the high number of the objects require a lot of memory and powerful cpu (My pc is AMD 1500MHz, 512 RAM, ATI Radeon 8500 64MB).

Navigate to threads for each part of the 'Lord Alan Series':
    1. Lord Alan's Basement (Thief Gold)
    1. Lord Alan's Basement
    2. Lord Alan's Fortress (currently viewing)
    3. Lord Alan's Factory
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 9th Sep 2012 at 11:53.

duh, this link redirects to a websearch-page. i hope this is not a late april-joke....

All hail Lord Alan! d/ling now. This is the one with all those pretty tunics isn't it? (Sap'em runs off to get his Blackjack..)
    The problem is choice...

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Wow, nice bandwidth... I downloaded it in about 20 seconds! I absolutely love the Flash site, that is ultra-cool.

Off to play it now... can't wait since I loved the basement so much!

This is not a joke, UliB. The link took me right to Andrea's page. Maybe if you try again or use a different browser?

Congratulations on the release of Fortress, Andrea! This is a truly stunning mission, which I have had the pleasure of alpha/betatesting. You'll love it!

Awesome Site!

hmm, my surf-computer(p1/nt4/ ie5.5) refuses to work with flash, that´s why !
    gotta wait til i can get it CHEAP...

PS: The past weeks brought some very cool FM´s. Thanks to the authors !

Yippie. Now we can talk about it. (well as soon as the questions and comments start pouring in.) Speaking of pouring in. What's with all these cool new missions?! Aw I love it.

(remember it's better to be taffed off than to be taffed on.)

Congratulations on the release LA. This one is a GEM!

Same thing like UliB I have tried it with IE and with Opera...

Hopefully, Jason will have it up on Cheap Downloads soon for those of you who seem to be having problems with the site.

Hi Nightwalker, its already done. Great job,ppl. DLíng.....

This is a great mission. I could describe it in detail but I won't. Let the mission speak for itself. As Lord Alan says, "Thief is Art." This one has the complete package -- visual, music, and game play. Play it. Play it NOW...

Lord Alan said in his darkloader comments that it can't be ghosted. Don't let that discourage you from trying.
    spoiler:
    I have just verified that it can be Perfect Thief'ed, except for breaking one piece of glass. I never liked the property damage rule anyway.
    Last edited by smithpd; 5th Apr 2003 at 04:36.

BANNED
    Put this on thief.math, I can't get it from your page.

Haunt-of-DOOM, it's in www.thiefmissions.com/missions
    one quest...
    how can i get inside the castle??
    btw. i like the flying birds, great mission!

ploso -
    spoiler:
    Look for a gated door in one of the small towers in the outer wall. There's a lockbox beside it that you can pick open, then explore the sewers.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Nobody's mentioned the incredible sky and the flock of birds flying around.... that was really cool! And the moon looked great. I can't wait to open this in Dromed and see how he did the birds.

I haven't had long to play, but when I first loaded it up I just walked around the whole fortress admiring the architecture. WoW!

LOL! The first time I saw this mission, I did the same thing, Yandros. Just walked around, admiring the building without even trying to get in. It's so beautiful!

Looks like we all did the long walk before getting started.

Actually when I saw the flock of birds though I pulled out the shotgun. (Oh you don't have one? Yes you do. Just hit the scoll lock key. That's the standard Thief bind for the shotgun.) I blew the ghost right away but what the hell. I'm a BJ no boidies discovered kinda thief anyhoo.

Alan

You are not tired, are you?

A thunder of applause!

Great Work!

Very nice site! For a second I thought I was going to play a Flash-based FM
    Downloading now...

Edit: For those having problems accessing the Flash site, here's the direct link: download

Wow -- this mission looks stunning! I only started it, and just kept walking around the fortress admiring the splendor of it. I also love how you see the surrounding rolling forest covered hills in the distance, giving the place a setting in a larger surrounding. Incredible! I can't wait to taff on, to see how this one plays out!

Thank you, Lord Alan!

- Mika L

Great mission! A few questions. I've explored the outer walls, guard towers, lower and upper basements. The inside of the castle itself. All the barracks and the kitchen. Found the Sir Ignaz. I can't seem to find a way to the Mask or a key to the Chapel. Plus is that man in the bedroom Lord Alan? Do i need to carry him somewhere?

Thanks.
    Last edited by rb47; 4th Apr 2003 at 12:33.

rb47: read the book in the guards chief´s room near the kitchen. There´s still a lot to explore ...

This FM is awesome !

Stunning mission with great visuals! I've got similar problems as rb47. I'm currently exploring the attic, trying to find a way into the 5th tower. I managed to climb onto the roof, though I can't get off it due to some invisible barrier. I figured there must be another way into the tower. Care to give a disoriented taffer some hints?

rb47, Lord Alan is in the room behind that fancy door which is locked without a key. Read the Captain's journal to get an idea how to enter the room (though I didn't succeed, yet).

rb47 and Eshaktaar:
    spoiler:
    You need to find the way into Lord Alan's room, before you will get on the right track to finding the Mask and Lord Alan himself. The towers are marked on the map, so you can tell when you get into the 5th tower, but again, you need to get into Lord Alan's room before you'll be able to. The book in the Captain's room is the clue and Eshaktaar is on the right track. You don't actually need to get up onto the roof, itself, though, just onto the walkways that run around the top of the building. Look on the map and you'll see two balconies marked. One of those is attached to the dining room upstairs and one is Lord Alan's Balcony. You need to get onto the walkway above his balcony and then climb over the railing and drop down onto it.

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast