TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: Lord Maguire Estates Pt. 1 (3/2003)

Thief 2 FM: Lord Maguire Estates Pt. 1 (3/2003)

This is my first "real" mission. I hope you like it. You can get it at Jason's Cheap Downloads Site. http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=Maguire
    Also at the Circle: http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=476

It still needs work, and I plan to add Difficulty Levels sometime in the future. This is the introductory mission to Lord Maguire: Part Two.

Have fun.

Wanna see the screenshots?
    http://www.geocities.com/caradavin/pics.html

Also an updated thread pertaining to said mission texture problem that is fixed: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67515

Thank you, Phantom for the suggestions and this was my first official mission release. My second one - Lord Maguire Estates 2 is still in the works. Peace out.
    Last edited by Caradavin; 10th Jun 2006 at 09:47. Reason: Suggestions made to clarify mission release and so on

Thanks, Caradavin! I played this yesterday and it's a lovely little mission that's lots of fun to explore.

help needed!

Very good mission but
    we can't find the tech mech access (we already have the key) and we can't open the two gates with the 6 guards

Outknockers,
    You don't need to open the gates with the six guards.
    spoiler:
    The Mech Access is found in the basement of Lord Whats-his-name. Search the hidden office in the basement to access the hidden access door.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    DLing now... geez, we've been hit with a huge number of great new missions recently! The screens look great, can't wait to go explore this one!

Yandros

DLing now... geez, we've been hit with a huge number of great new missions recently!
    Amen ..

Guess I have a full weekend of Taffing ahead of me. 2-5 inches of the white stuff (no yard work) and 4 fms to play. wooohooo!!
    The problem is choice...

Where is the key to open the basement door? I have explored everywhere else and knockout everyone but I have not found the key.

Thanks!

P.S. Fun little mission!!

It's sitting on a table upstairs in the bedroom.

How in the world did I ever miss that!?!

Thanks, Nightwalker!!!

Author note

For my update, do any of you feel it would be better if I completely blocked off that unaccessible area at the beginning to avoid confusion? I mean you could see it from where you begin, but cannot drop into it from the roof area. Please let me know what you think of that idea.

My update should play the music in the victrola as well, but it will be a bigger size - prolly 10 MB. It will also include difficulty levels.

Don't expect it too soon, though

Thanks for the compliments, I'm beginning to work on my other mission already - what an addiction :
    "Don't mince words, don't be evasive, speak your mind, be persuasive." Lord Maguire Estates 2 -75%, Sea Mish - 40%
    "That's a lot of nuts!"

Originally posted by Skulduggerist
    Outknockers,
    You don't need to open the gates with the six guards.
    spoiler:
    The Mech Access is found in the basement of Lord Whats-his-name. Search the hidden office in the basement to access the hidden access door.
    Thanks Skulduggerist
    We've already been in the office but didn't see the lever.

But we nevertheless have a problem:
    There is nothing in this mech room and we can't find "something that explains exactly what the mechs are planning"
    We think we've been everywhere - what are we missing???

Taking a break
    Love the mission!

Those dirty scheming nobles!..makes being
    a thief an honorable occupation!

Looking forward to part 2!

outknockers - In the same hidden office that was mentioned before, there's a crumpled up piece of paper. Pick it up.

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    outknockers - In the same hidden office that was mentioned before, there's a crumpled up piece of paper. Pick it up.
    Thank's Nightwalker - before we opened the mech access we had that piece of paper and threw it away because we thought it's not important.

Ergle?

spoiler:
    I opened the door behind the watcher head with the key from the office to find... nothing. An empty oblong room with a fake door at the opposite end. I have all objectives fulfilled except the last one. Read all books, knocked out everyone except for the Mechanists behind the front gate. Help, if you please

Cheers!
    =M
    Your mileage may vary

Melissa, I think the mission is supposed to end at that point. I did things in rather the wrong order, found that spot first, then found the sword later, so mine ended when I picked it up.

Melissa - Try re-entering the basement area and proceed to the room again. Entering that last room should complete the objectives and end the mission unless you didn't do something else. Did you get
    spoiler:
    the crumpled up note in the trashcan of the secret office?

Aha!

Thanks! I hadn't fulfilled the loot objective (d'oh!).

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

I just opened this one for the first time, and alot of the textures are missing (blue)... has anyone else seen this, or am I just doing something wrong? I'm going to switch Darkloader to install it to my DEDx T2 directory to see if the missing textures are from DEDx, and if so i can just play it that way.

It's like that for me, too. I let Caradavin know and sent screenshots. Apparently, some of the textures were dropped. A new version is going to be issued sometime soon with this corrected.

Ok, good to know. I installed it in my T2 folder which has DEDx available and it looks fine. I've finished Maguire's house and am moving on now.... did anyone else find the easter egg
    spoiler:
    water crystals up on the roof?

Archivist
    Nice little mission Caradavin!
    The architecture is a little weak imo, but the story makes up for that. It's worked out very well with all the side stories concerning the nobles and mechanists
    Other points I like are the snowy environment and that almost every AI has it's own name.
    Pity there is only one difficulty to play.
    I'm looking forward to explore the MechTech University in the second part.

Statistics
    Difficulty Played: PickPocket
    Time Taken: 39 minutes, 7 seconds
    Loot found: 6234 out of 6374
    Secrets found: 1 out of 2

Arrrrrrrrrgh! I thought we had a new FM then, ye taffer! Big bump!

Dude, what were you thinking? Bumping this very old thread up and making us think there was a new FM.

I'm not complaining. I haven't played it yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast