TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Freedom For Nepumuk May 6,2003

Question:
    spoiler:
    After getting inside the BURGFRIED tower and going all the way to the top floor I flipped a floor switch but I have no idea what it does? I though it would open the cell where the hand of glory is located next to a corpse but it didn't.

I'm only playing on Normal the first time through, but I've found the Hand of Glory.
    spoiler:
    It was in a cell in the underground jails, by a dead prisoner with flies buzzing around him. The cells open with a key that you find down there, somewhere, though I'm afraid I'm not sure which one. It's harder to remember when you don't understand the names.

However, I seem to be missing something that's probably obvious, since no one else is having a problem with it. I can't get my second objective ticked off, which is:

Why shouldn't I free Nepumuk? He knows much I'm interested in?

Where is he? I've been everywhere I can find, including the tower, but I still can't find him. Any help?

If I am not mistaken (considering that I don't speak German) But I believe that my second objective ticked off (I am playing on expert) when
    spoiler:
    I entered the room with a guy who makes noises like a burick and knocked him out. The room is located down a set of strairs in the corner across from the room that has an underwater passage that leads to a well where a servant walks by with a lamp at the main house, near the kitchen. That area with the water has two entrances one a set of stairs, the other leads to a different room with a wooden plank atop atairs, under one side is a grass covered area you can hide, under the other side are the stairs I am referring to.

I remember the objective ticking off in that area, and I can only match it to this one, since the others are pretty straight forwards.

Another Question:
    spoiler:
    There is an area, that has a wooden door way on top a set of stairs with spiders behind it, but I have on keys to match the door.

I don't recognize that area, so I'll go see if I can find it. Thanks.

As for your missing key, if I recall correctly
    spoiler:
    the key is actually hanging on a post right behind you when you stand facing the door. I almost missed it, too.

Thank you, Auriga2us! That's what I was missing. In all my wanderings down there, somehow I had missed that particular passageway.

NP
    spoiler:
    I am assuming at the begining to the prison area, where there are 3 closed metal doors and 1 already open, the other doors are just for show, since I finished the mission fine on expert due to a reusable rope arrow with which I killed off everyone. And the point is to make you realize the guy is missing? Because all I can hear coming from those doors is Tree Beast noise.

Key?

The way into the place I took was a rope arrow into the washroom over the moat area, my question is after you get into that room if you take a left out of that room there is a guard standing in front of a door but haven't found that key yet ........anyone?

Now I know which door you mean, Maloo! There
    spoiler:
    isn't any key for that door. Go out into the central courtyard and past the open shed with the door into the servant's dining room. Keep walking that way and at the far end you'll end up facing another open shed. Rope arrow up onto the roof, open the shuttered window above it and climb in. That's the room with the metal door.

that will do it thanks N

Translation

I've sent an email to the author asking permission to translate this FM. This will mean postponing the translation of LAS8, but that's not released yet.

It's possible to get into the Sergeants-Room (so I call it) when you go to the tower (the one inside the courtyard) near the frontgate: follow the steps till you reach a trapdoor....and now you are on the rooftops....
    The key to the safe is near.

Has anybody/somebody(I don't know) already discovered the hidden grave (with the 2 Zombies), which is down in the jail?

Sorry, I don't speak and write English very often.

I was only waiting for the translation to release it.
    But Epithumia's Site is gone now and I'm not able to release it

Yes, I found the zombies, though I've still missed a lot of cash somewhere. I'm going through on Expert and it's very, very hard, but lots of fun. I'm trying to ghost it properly, so I can't alert the guards at all. So far, so good!

Kyloe, it would be great to get a translation of this mission. It's a really fun one and seems to have a fair amount of texts, so it would be lovely to read them.

Christine, I'm sure an alternate site will be up soon and you'll be able to release your mission. We're all looking forward to playing it.

Permission granted

Thiefmissions.com

Originally posted by Christine
    I was only waiting for the translation to release it.
    But Epithumia's Site is gone now and I'm not able to release it
    You can still upload it to me. I will be happy to make it available to anyone who wants to mirror it. If it's small enough I may just put it on my homepage for everyone; I know there are plenty of folks who really want it.

Thank you, Epithumia, but the File has 10,8 MB, and it's only in German. Kyloe won't translate it into English, he want to translate "Freiheit für Nepomuk" first. So I'm waiting...

I have a problem. I failed to get the first objective.
    spoiler:
    I missed it in the fog. So I entered the fortress without meeting Lars, and now I cannot find a way to go back. Is there a way? If not, the author ought to put a ladder so you can climb out of the moat. Another possibility would be to find a way to jump across.
    I also had a problem with jumping in the water at the beginning and not being able to find a way out. Apart from those things, it is a great mission. The architecture is terrific, and I really enjoyed the ghost-style game play in Expert mode. I completed it in pure ghost (no alerts or damage) with 3512 loot and all objectives other than the first. Other things I could not figure out:
    spoiler:
    (1) There is a lever at the top of the tower (the one that needs two keys), but I couldn't figure out what the lever-switch opens. (2) there is a wood door at the top of a wood staircase, with a ladder up the last pitch. I hear spiders in there, but I can't figure out how to open the door
    If I have to restart to get the first objective, I'll wait until the English translation comes out. It would be nice to know what I am doing and understand the story.
    Last edited by smithpd; 11th May 2003 at 06:02.

spoiler:
    1) Simply knock out the guards at the bridge and run back to the harbour.

2) As far as I know, the big lever just closes the door one floor under it. I'm not sure about that.

3) At the door, turn arround and search the pillar. There should be a key hanging on it.

The water at the beginnig, yes, I thought by myself if I should include a ladder.

The big red lever had me a bit confused at first, too. It
    spoiler:
    does close the door downstairs, as MadBull said, but you have to flip it twice.

Thanks, all.

As for the getting back out,
    spoiler:
    the problem with KO'ing the guards (must use gas) is that it spoils the ghost. It is not necessary, unless the player is unobservant like I was, but it would be nice to have another route out.
    As for the big lever, that fooled me, too (obviously).

As for the spider room, I got in there and ghosted the spiders, so, I ended up with 3637 / 4739 loot. That is some pretty tough loot, unless I missed a major area. Any ideas? And yes, I did find the
    spoiler:
    zombies below the dungeons
    and managed to ghost them as well.

Kudos to the author. I will play it again when it comes out in English.

some loot is
    spoiler:
    in the tree near the gallow in a birds nest

Wow! I never thought of looking there!

This is an awesome mission! Highest of compliments to the author. I am stuck, playing hard version. I believe there are four objectives. Three are checked off. The 2nd one of the four is not. Got the loot and hand of glory. Not sure what I do next.
    spoiler:
    first objective checks when you pick up letter in beginning.
    I got into the tower in the middle with one lower door and one upper door but there is nothing in there. I read something about a
    spoiler:
    switch in the wine cellar by the kitchen. I cannot find a wine cellar by kitchen. there are two rooms by kitchen, one is empty and the other has some barrels in it. There is a wine cellar accessed by door out in courtyard area with poor chap hanging by rope. Went down there but only found huge barrels of wine, secret room and some loot.
    Love this mission and hoping to finish it! Any help appreciated.

If you check for posts by MadBull34 near the beginning of this thread, you'll find a translation of the objectives, which would probably be a big help to you.

The wine cellar isn't really off the kitchen. The one you found off of the courtyard is the right one.
    spoiler:
    The guard standing in there is wearing a key that you need

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast