TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Freedom For Nepumuk May 6,2003

madwolf,
    spoiler:
    if you flip it twice, it just closes the tower door downstairs that you opened with the lever in the lower tower.

Cheers again !

Where is Nepumuk?

I've looked all over the dungeons for Nepumuk but I can't seem to find him. It's the only thing left to do as far as my objectives go and I've searched for hours. Please help me before I go insane.
    Never trust anyone!

spoiler:
    He's in the torture room , stuffed into a body container {to coin a phrase}in the wall . It's a small round metal door.

Keeshka, did you find the room
    spoiler:
    where there's a guard standing by a big pond of water, down in the lower levels of the dungeons? In the room beside him is a set of stairs that go up. On the far side of the stairs is the hallway down to the torture room.

Thanx Madwolf and Nightwalker. I need to practice being a better thief.

spoiler:
    I had already been down there and removed Nepumuk but never paid attention to who the dead person was .Also, I never saw the scroll on the table at the other end of the room.
    Never trust anyone!

I took the easy way out. You could take ALL my gear. Just leave me my black-jack and lock picks and I'm a happy taffer. In fact I go out of my way to KO everyone I see whether they deserve it or not. Any way, I missed it too much so I played on "Sneaksie?" Now I think I'll go through on "Garrett"

Comming in through the privy - now THAT'S degrading.

How do I open the safe?

I have the 2nd (well 3rd actually) tower key but the door doesn't frob. What to do?
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Well, so far, I am almost complete, and I just need one last objective. (after I found Nepmuk).

Wish I had a sword or at least a holy water for what I found WAY down in the bowels of the dungeon. (Did I mention I hate zombies??? )

A few "bugs" I wish to point out in this fine FM, if I may.....

1. Sound distance. Apparently I can hear guards, and can be heard BY guards creeping around through 1 or 2 levels of stone floor in the first/drawbridge section of the complex.: Not too bad in the dungeon though....

2. Servants cannot be KO'd at all if they hear you, or start to run away. (100 whacks on one maid with a BJ before I gave up)

spoiler:
    3. Guards who are in pursuit of you, can be KO'd FRONTALLY if you duck around a corner quick enough and let them round the corner into your BJ.

4. And one that is barely worth mentioning since it is at the beginning and the game can be restarted to get around it..

If you go for a swim at first, I could not find any way back up to the dock.

Otherwise. I am liking it VERY much! One of the executioners had me looking around for a burrick 'cause of the grunting he was doing.
    Last edited by [BBR]_M1Tanker; 3rd Sep 2003 at 08:16.

HEE HEE HEE!!!!

More on the servants/AI "bug"...

After completing the mission, (btw what was the BIG FRIGGIN lever for????)

I had some fun and went back down into the dungeon.

spoiler:
    Opened all of the cells one by one, and tried to KO each occupant.
    All that I was able to whack before they ran off, fell immediately, but got right back up and ran away. Those who just ran I found all the way back at the bar in the beginning..

Those I whacked were piled up on the drawbridge like cordwood.

Re: help with nepumuk

Originally posted by pale
    This is really hard...Do you get a BJ and if so where?
    sorry... but when i read that i almost fell off my chair.

sometimes the best stuff in life is free. builder bless you.

I finished this one yesterday. [Expert] I really liked it.

Strong points:
    1) The Dungeon....very well done. I loved the broken stairs that lead to the
    spoiler:
    zombies

2) Lots of 3D action and places to climb.
    3) Plenty of shadows....very welcome when without blackjack.
    4) Impecable timing of the guard patrols.
    5) Key locations all tied neatly together but not so it's readily apparent right away.
    6)
    spoiler:
    The big pool in the dungeon is very handy for drowing the guards. I should round up some more for a Silent Project screen shot. I guess I've got about 12-14 guards drowned in there right now. Just make sure to attach a rope before playing ring around the rosie with a few of your closest friends.

Originally posted by Clock
    Guards with lanterns was a great innovation for this game. I don't think it existed in Thief I, but I'm not sure.
    T1/G has Dynamic Light...but it doesn't...and does at the same time!

For proof, see "Events in Highrock", and "Tears of Blood"...or, "Lord Bafford the Tafford" (very interesting switchable inventory dynamic light setup here )...that is, if I ever get it finished and released!

Spike14

Alright, someone answer my question, please.

Or do I have to answer Pale's question to get an answer?
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Originally posted by diana50322
    Alright, someone answer my question, please.
    About the tower door? Youare talking about the round tower, not the square tower, right?

Only thing I can suggest is
    spoiler:
    look around the FIRST level of the tower.... very carefully.

If you mean the square tower, (attic door)
    spoiler:
    look up on a beam behind your head

KEY to where nepumuk is?

I don't seem to have the key to get into the metal door down near the green water room....anybody? I thought the keys from the fat guys might be it but no.

I mean the torture room

running around in cirles go 3 tower keys 2 cell keys safe key but none will open the metal door down near green water area aahhhhhhhhhh

spoiler:
    There's a guard station on the way down to the prison area and the key you need should be hanging on the wall.

thanks N

O.K., where the heck is the blackjack?

If you're playing on Expert, you don't get one. You have to sneak. On Easy and Hard, I think you start out with one in your equipment.

Oh, good grief! This is the third one in a row! Too much work for lazy me. Thanks.

Is this the only thread for this mission?

Have found the tower key. Was really excited until I discovered it only opens the third floor door. Is there separate keys for floors two and one?

Only a sadistic person would create a blackjackless fm with lantern-carrying guards crawling all over the place.

It's definitely challenging sneaking by all those lantern carrying guards but it's fun, too.

There are quite a few other threads about this mission. Try searching for just "Nepumuk" and they should come up. Here are links to a couple:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=Nepumuk

I just came across this mission although everyone else appears to have finished it months ago

I have 1 objective left to complete.

spoiler:
    I still need the Hand of Glory. I know where it is but so far i have not found keys/or switch to open any of the cell doors. No one else appears to have had a problem so i can only assume i'm one thick taffer

A hint would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you try just opening it? I don't think it was locked. Check and if it is, I'll load up a save and find out which key you're missing.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast