TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Island pt 2 released!

Taking a break

Island pt 2 released!

While waiting on my mission to arrive at Hangar 16. I just checked out Jasons site at www.Thiefmissions.com and found out he has managed to put it up there now!

Have fun everyone!
    Just remember.....it's not just the undead you have to worry about!

Great FM so far, John. Luckily a visiting taffer informed me about it's release, and I quickly downloaded it, now sharing it in #thief-fms I hope taffers go easy on some of the mirrors by coming to my channel every once in a while, eh eh?

We've got what, five servers now, each with most of the FMs to date, all wasting away? What a shame

deadman.
    "I cannot see anything admirable in stupidity, injustice and sheer incompetence in high places, and there is too much of all three in the present administration." -M.M.Kaye, The Far Pavilions

I'm adding it to my FM list as I write, so I'll have it available for download on #thief-fms, as well.

BANNED
    It rules!!!!! I liked the
    spoiler:
    half-zombie guy

Thnnks John D & Jason. Have just dl'd it & am looking forward to playing it later on this weekend.

Attic Lab

omg first let me say the book in the bedroom in the lab is positively THE MOST TWIZTID THING I EVER ENCOUNTERED IN AN FM
    good work portraying just how evil this guy arbez really is.

nowi need help

spoiler:
    i have the key but how do i get to the upper room in the attic lab?

Taking a break
    Shadow

spoiler:
    On the wall by the wooden ramp is a lockbox you can use the key on. The
    key is sitting on the desk next to the diary

Classical Master 2008
    I don't think I have played such a well designed and scary mission since Calendra's Legacy (well, maybe GATI, but I am an undead fan). The whole desolation of the island,
    spoiler:
    Arbez and his laboratory, plus the whole zombie invasion afterwards
    is classic. Well done!

Taking a break
    Thanks!
    Although I think a have a little ways to go before I can match Purah's stuff!

Cool JD. I'll get to it some time this week.

Remember folks, I'm playing Garrett again so try not to kill me too many times.

Island Pt 2

Hi everyone..I,m looking forward to playing Island pt 2 but having problem with "server busy" while trying to download using "Get Right".
    Is there another site other than ' thief missions.com" that is hosting this mission?
    Thanks in advance
    TomN

Theoretically, yes...we're supposed to have it at the Hangar, but I have no idea when, exactly. I actually had to download it through Jason's site, myself...although when we do have it, it should be a fairly stable download. Anyway...

But a fantastic mission there, JohnD...going straight into my top ten. And SlyFoxx? Terrific job on Garrett once again!

Play Hint: You might avoid quicksaving then reloading in the middle of pitched AI battles...crash!
    The Foxhole
    "...so she went to the Sorbonne. You know, in France?"
    "Oh. For a minute there, I thought you meant the one in Utah."

Taking a break
    having problem with "server busy" while trying to download using "Get Right".
    Try switching Get Right off, I think using download managers is blocked now.

Wicked mission John - I almost jumped out of my skin in that generator room . Definitely of of my favorites .

omg i so did not see that lock box, thanks John D!

i agree, this mission is one of the scariest ive played

i think i went backwards tho b/c i only have 800 loot and havent found the book yet and already went in the lab

and NICE voicing, Slyfoxx

btw anyone know where some healing potion is? i got four shields left and still have to go back to the lab and fight Psycho

John, excellent mission, I have the book, and all I have to do is kill the wicked man. But it surprized me when I look at the note saying
    spoiler:
    that I will not live
    and then
    spoiler:
    three figure were there blasting me.
    The guy that needs to be kill, is he the one that has a silver key, and how do I kill him.Thanks

Taking a break
    btw anyone know where some healing potion is?
    spoiler:
    There is a healing font in the armory downstairs

havent found the book yet
    spoiler:
    The book is hidden in a room by the glowing tanks, just one catch-the key to it is on Arbez's belt.

how do I kill him
    spoiler:
    Dont waste your time with fire arrows, he used to be a fire mage so he's immune to it (as well as high explosives). Plain broadhead arrows will work and so will the sword. Flashbombs should disorient him as well.

BANNED
    I like the
    spoiler:
    zombie invasion
    but its too short...

How did zombies get in if noone outside is dead?

P.S. John D.'s signature, you have played WC3, eh?

Also, what were those zombies that just fall over after you 'kill' them and dont ever get back up. Are those Resident Evil zombie skins?

Thiefmissions.com

Re: Island Pt 2

Originally posted by TomN
    having problem with "server busy" while trying to download using "Get Right"
    I don't think you can download using getright or any of those stupid downloader programs; I've switched to using FTP for downloads, with a limit of one download per person at one time and a limit of ten concurrent downloaders total. So far I don't think that the site has filled up yet.

can someone maybe help me figure out what loot i missed? i total 1462 and i had 1512 the first time i played this ( i restarted)

i have as follows

spoiler:
    the gold nuggets at the bottom of the well, the coinstack in Tilst's room, the purse in the barracks where you find Ruckus's notes

spoiler:
    the 4 candles and the statue on the altar in the bottom floor tile hall, the statue on the altar in the small chapel, the ring in the chest in hall by the library ( a hammer is in the chest next to it)

spoiler:
    the two candles by the Hammer rosary. the inverted hammer in Arbez's bedroom chest. the purse on the novice on the 3rd (?) floor, the coins by the dice between mech novice and acolyte. the masks on the table on the upper room in the lab. a bottle on the fireplace mantle in the room adjacent to the hammerbot. another bottle on the kitchen fireplace mantle.

Well...there's a purse on a table in the large room (ground floor) with the Firebot...

I'm up to 1777, but I'm too tired to look for any more tonight. This is what I've found that isn't on your list:

spoiler:
    Big room with bot in the corner purse on table 100g. (250)
    Sealed haunted area 5 coins on floor of one room 100g. (1135)
    Library large, circular room 2 books on table 50g. (1400
    Attic:
    West half silver statue on floor 15g. (1415)
    Purse, in chest, on top of big crate in attic 100g. (1515)

thanks silver sorrow and you too NW, that's what i missed

omg my heart is going 90 to nothin right now. ive never had so much trouble fetching a purse from a table
    of course
    its not everyday i have the thrill of being chased by skeletons,zombies, and builder knows what else.

youve really outdone yourself John D

Taking a break
    First I'd like to announce that Island pt 2 as well as pt 1 and Brawl in the tombs
    are now up at www.hangar16.com! Three cheers for Silver Sorrow and Dark Wolf!

How did zombies get in if noone outside is dead?
    The idea in my story was that there were more ways to get in and out
    of the castle through underground tunnels undiscovered by the
    Mechanists (until it was too late....) , like one connected to
    spoiler:
    the tunnel in the generator room
    . Enabling the undead to enter uncontested after
    spoiler:
    the outposts were overrun\abandoned after you shut the security network down in Pt 1.

I had wanted to do more details in the tunnels, but I was afraid I might
    push the Dark engine a little too far, so I kept that part simple.

Are those Resident Evil zombie skins?
    No they come from dromed deluxe. (an expansion pack created for the dromed editor )

P.S. John D.'s signature, you have played WC3, eh?
    Wc3? not sure what game that is, I got the quote from Postal 2!
    quite a fun game!

its not everyday i have the thrill of being chased by skeletons,zombies, and builder knows what else.
    Hehe, dromed deluxe has all kind of nasty things to scare folks with!
    Last edited by John D.; 26th May 2003 at 07:04.

Hehe, dromed deluxe has all kind of nasty things to scare folks with!
    i shudder to think! those skeletons are faster then benny running to a bottle of beer.

man with all the new Dromed stuff coming out, its gonna be a challenge for those who are starting to/ plan on startig to build FM's to catch up lol

but i like challenges

are you planning anymore diabolical schemes, er um FM's? i hope so