TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Skeletons in the Closet (v2.0 released Jan 2005)

T2 FM: Skeletons in the Closet (v2.0 released Jan 2005)

My first mission is ready to download at

Cheap Thief Mission Downloads

Thanks to Jason for hosting.
    I'm going into hiding.......

Also available at The Circle
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Dec 2010 at 23:08. Reason: updated title and links

Can't wait

Oh goody! I just downloaded it, but thank you in advance for making a level to entertain me! (Ok, so you didn't just do it for me... )
    Thanks all the same... now I am off to play!

Congratulations Madwolf
    I was wondering where you went of too.

Also avaible here:
    http://www.thieffanmissions.nl/Skelintclos.zip

I've been lucky enough to be one of the betatesters of this mission and it's great fun! There's a beautiful little town to explore and I know you'll all enjoy it! Congratulations on the release, madwolf!

BANNED
    Wow! Kool!!! It feels like christmas .

Yep, after a long time of abstinence (3 weeks), new missions are VERY welcome now.
    DLing....
    Thanx to Zaccheus and madwolf

I'm already lost. But no questions yet. Mainly because I don't know where I am. I hope it's not a "bad" thing to get the guards battling the other thieves

Not bad at all. Keep exploring and you'll find your way around. It's not as big as it first seems, once you get your bearings.

Good town starting to lose my bearings a bit It crashes to the desktop everytime i read a book or scroll, anyone else having these problems? Did you make these guards tougher?

I've played through several versions of this mission and never had a problem with it crashing when reading anything. I'm playing the final version now and it's working fine for me.

This sounds fun, I'll have to add it to my list.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

great mission, a least 2 bugs i know of other then objectives or framerate. found 7911 loot. question:
    spoiler:
    where is the mayors desk, been all over high and low, got dioriented as to where the mayors place is maybe i missed it. but any hints would be helpfull.

The Mayor's house is
    spoiler:
    the one that the Thieves' were looting. You can jump in the canal and follow it up under the room full of machinery or you can go through a door near the stone bridge over the canal and into the back yard that way.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 29th Jun 2003 at 17:33.

OFFTOPIC: Skeletons in the Closet - it's a name of the new Gamma Ray live album. Is there a connection with this stuff?

Afraid not , I'm a Clash fan ,
    spoiler:
    hence the little tribute to Joe

Thanks for the kind words people
    Last edited by madwolf; 28th Jun 2003 at 20:03.

I really need my "stuff"...ie) blackjack. So I hope it isn't supposed to be picked up very early in the level, because I'm deep into it now, with nothing to bonk the guards with. I could sure use some rope arrows too

Clock -
    spoiler:
    You missed it right near the beginning. It's in the first square you get to after you go through the gate where you read the notice and get the new objective. There's a house with a guard standing out in front and there's a dead body on the ground beside him. You need to get into that house.

Yes, I found that out. I remember deciding that the guard was too difficult to get behind, so I left him for later. Then I forgot about it as I snaked further and further into the town.
    Man, this is easy now, with a rope arrow, pick locks, and a Blackjack. Now that I've said that, I'm sure to get stuck.

Great new fm missions to play

Looks like a really fun city mission - but unfortunately, about 1/2 way thru, the FM gets soo slow and choppy it's literally not feasible to play it for me. I don't think it's a puter thing - I have a 1 gHZ, 512 ram, Geforce2, ect (although I'm running DX9 so maybe that might have something to do with it but I doubt it...) and the monster FM Calendra's ran just fine on my system, so maybe it's a DEDX thing - since I don't have it installed.

I even tried blackjacking every AI I could see to see if the # of AI's was slowing it down - but to no avail. Anyway - I posted this just in case someone else might be having the same problems as I....

Congrats on your first mission btw and thx for the FM........

p.s. - Just for some further info, I did check my resources after I got out to see if some kind of ram drain was occurring (it was normal with lots o ram free) and then rebooted just in case there were some issues with resources. After I did this, I went back to my quicksave game and it ran just as choppy as before I rebooted the machine. I then went into a Thief 2 OM and it ran fine.....
    Last edited by Garrettwannabe; 29th Jun 2003 at 00:56.

Garrettwannabe what is a Thief 2 OM? I am having the same problem with a 1.7 gHZ machine.

Sir Lance:

OM is Original mission, as in the game.

I'm sorry to hear you're having framerate problems. It runs great on my computer, which is a P4 2.5, even with a bunch of other programs open at the same time. I hope this isn't a problem for too many people! I don't have DEDX installed either, by the way.

I have that problem too! Suddenly the mission got so slow it wasn't fun playing anymore. I'm gonna try once again, now, without background programs.
    The reason might be my crappy screencard (I'm getting a G4 after I come home from vacation). My screencard is an old one that is so slow I cannot play GTA anymore

Fun city though

Just finished. Fun. I had no frame rate problems myself. P4 1.6 / 512 / G2.

(well except when I got to climbing where I wasen't supposed to be... )

Congratulations on the release.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast