TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM 'The Diamond' - Jul 2003

Thanks for the avice Nightwalker, mission accomplished.

Cant wait for the next vacation to come back to so many good quality FMs!

Just finished. I liked it a lot. The bent humor was a refreshing change of pace. The
    spoiler:
    Disco room was worth the price of admission alone! I wacked the guard and grabbed the key and then just blended into the dance floor. (I figured the dancers would take scant notice of me due to thier special dacing conditioning.) Picture Garrett hopping up and down looking for purses to snatch.

hop hop hop Hey baby, come here often? hop hop CHING Oh excuse me sir. Didn't mean to step on your foot. Here, lemme help you. CHING hop hop hop Man this song is great eh!? CHING hop hop hop away

I took screens of the drunk cat picture and the Yoda picture. I think I've got a new desk top.

Is there a Blackjack available for this mission?

This was a very fun mission. I liked

spoiler:
    the way there was more than one way to get in or out of the mansion. My favorite part was the fountain.

John

Clock, it says on the Darkloader screen that there's no blackjack on Expert. There is on the other two settings though.

Check this out!!

this was a great fm....pure taffin' at its best....

Funny...my stats? i found two secrets out of one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've been poking around for hours now
    where's the key to the dance hall?
    and are there more entrances to it than one?

very nice mission so far
    difficult to remember design :-)
    nice to keep a thief disoriented on a mission

where's the key to the dance hall?
    There is no key ...you pick the lock.

Hello from the Geez::::Can't get in the Dance Hall. Where and what level is the "robot room" you spoke of in your thread ?? Can't find it ..... HELP !!! I thought I was everywhere BUT !!!! Thanks in advance

Have you found the pool and the dining room, downstairs in the main house?
    spoiler:
    In between the doors leading into them, there's a metal door. Go through it into a small hallway. The door right across from the one you just came through is the one that leads down past the "robot" room.

Nightwalker<
    Thanks for the response to my "lostness" !!! Still in trouble !!! The main room downstairs allows you access behind the steps. A door to the right and left hits the same hallway. When you enter the room with the carpet of poka-dot circles , off that hallway, the dining room and pool are at the left and right of you. Am I in the right area? I don't see a metal door ?? Thanks .......... The lost Geez!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe my memory's off. I'll check and come right back.

I wasn't too far off. It's a wood door, not metal but exactly where I said it was.
    spoiler:
    The door into the pool should be on your left, the dining room door on your right and you'll be facing the wood door you need to go through. The next one you go through is the metal one that will be directly across from you after you go through.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 15th Jul 2003 at 20:25.

Thanks Nightwalker --- I,m back on the hunt !!!!!!!!!!!

Ha, that Disco was good - A bit out of place though!

I enjoyed wallopping them all!

Never found a key to the Door under the stairs that mentioned Zombies!

Sluggs -
    spoiler:
    Check the Library VERY carefully. There's a hidden room where you find the key to that door.

Finished this mission. Nice work and very playable, but unfortunately I don't care for the style (the dancing hall was really heavy-handed), and the architecture isn't very believable either - a bit confusing considering that this is supposed to be a house people live in.
    I think I have seen every place, the only thing I couldn't open is the chest in one of the rooms on the third floor. Does anyone know where the key is to be found?

Ieldra -
    spoiler:
    Check under the cradle

Lots of fun ! Thanks Triksta

Ghost

Short on loot. Again. Sigh.

Completed all the objectives except the one I always have trouble with... loot. I even got all six of the chess pieces, but I'm still about 450g short.

There is one door I cannot open: in the top level, follow the archer around. He ducks inside for a bit, then he turns back to the stone catwalk -- but go straight. There is a door that opens with the key the archer is carrying; and then there's another art-deco door that won't open with any key I have and is unpickable.

Where is the key for this door?

Also, if someone could point me to some obscure, hard-to-find loot, I would greatly appreciate it... I've got what I came for, and I'd like to finish!

Thanks,

Dafydd

Loot:
    spoiler:
    Basement Wine room - 4 gold wine bottles on the shelves, mixed in with the green ones.

There's a secret door in the room where you find the letter of resignation. Look for a lever inside the fireplace. There's a ring worth 100g. there.

5 coins, worth 100g, on a table in a room with the furniture all covered in cloths.

Chest key that is found on the floor under a cradle upstairs unlocks a chest that holds a necklace, worth 200g.

Farther up the same hall, in the bathroom, look in the toilet hole for a tiny gold ring, worth 100g.

Pool change room - slash the wall banner to find a safe which holds a tiara, worth 125g.

There's a purse, worth 100g, on one of the skeletons in the pit guarded by the spiders.

2 of the dancing guests are wearing purses.

Small safe in one of the front foyer pillars holds some loot.

Kitchen pantry - gold goblet on top shelf.

That's not all of it, of course. Does any of that help?

I must be missing something very obvious. Where do I DL this mission? All the links here don't work.

you can get it at jason's site:

http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=Diamondv1_1

Thank you! It wasn't there when I popped by his site. Off to play!

Ghost
    That's not all of it, of course. Does any of that help?
    Some of it certainly does, N; I'm trying to avoid the spider hole, since I doubt I can ghost that. (Incidentally, all of the safes behind banners so far -- there are several -- have been pickable through the banner without having to slash it.)

I'll get the rest of the pieces I missed from your partial list and see if that's enough. Thanks!

Doesn't anybody know how to open that door I described? The door just past the door opened with the archer's key.

Edit: Thanks to Nightwalker, I was able to finish. It was a clean ghost, but a bit ugly: I had to use an invisibility potion (to ghost the spider pit), so it was what we call a "chemical ghost;" and I missed one of the secrets and lots of loot, which means I could have avoided using the potion and still ghost -- which I still want to do!

So if someone could post the three secrets, and if someone will tell me how to get through that *#$&$*! door referenced above, then maybe I can finish without having to gulp the green goo .

QQQQQ QQQQQ, Nightwalker.

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 6th Sep 2004 at 18:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Avallon
    Thank you! It wasn't there when I popped by his site. Off to play!

Maybe that's because this thread is over a year old!
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast