TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sluggs (New Member) Homepage/Missions

Sluggs (New Member) Homepage/Missions

Hi there Thief Fans! Care to check out my Fan missions? I`ve been using Dromed for just over 2 years now and i`m currently working on a 5 mission T2 Addon pack. You can check out the new Screenshots and download my previous Missions and mess about with my Abandoned/Test missions too.

Please feel free to E-Mail comments on my missions and screenshots (Will be much appreciated). If you wish me to Host your Mission/Link do let me know

Thanx, Sluggs

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vaughn.cooper
    Last edited by sluggs; 14th Jul 2003 at 02:36.

Geez, those look incredible.
    I'm down loading murder in featherstone and after seeing the pictures of your upcoming missions I can't wait to play it. How come your mission isn't listed at cheap missions or the circle?

I can't seem to get it to work. I unzipped it all into my thief directory, but I still go to lord Baffords when I try to play?

You need to have Darkloader installed to play these FMs and you don't unzip the files. Just download them to a file folder and tell Darkloader where to look for them. It takes care of unzipping and installing the files.

Thanks Nightwalker but I've actually been using darkloader for a couple of years now so I understand, at least somewhat, how that all works. This mission told told me to unzip it into the main thief directory... oh, maybe I did that to soon? I tried to play it through darkloader but it brings me to Baffords, could I of messed up by extracting it into the main thief directory?
    I never do that, but this tiome I was told too.

Hurray. Downloading ze missions. Good show on the screens!

-Alexius-

I'm having the same problem as Lobster only with the THief 2 mision pack. And the screenies look soo good too!!

Neither of the two missions will work with Darkloader for me, and I'm not about to start unzipping and overwriting things in my main thief folders.

Ideas?

*thumping skull on desk*

Would it be too much to ask if certain authors would make their missions Darkloader compliant?!? It extracts and backs up things like a good front-end should, you know?

My Missions (Sluggs)

Sorry, Thief Fans, these missions were not made for DarkLoader. This will be rectified later. I don`t know why you can`t play them when unzipped into the main Thief Directory. I will try and find out why - I think it might depend on what version of Thief you might be running. If you get them working in Thief please let me know how you did it.

Thanx,

Sluggs
    Last edited by sluggs; 18th Dec 2003 at 04:30.

My Missions (Sluggs)

I understand that people use Darkloader nowadays. I`ve only been on the Internet for just over a month so i knew nothing of Darkloader when i made the missions. Please bear with me and i shall make them Darkloader Compatible!

Thankyou, Friends

well a couple of them have promise if you ever did managed to finish building them, from what i seen from the 3 downloadable scraps, no real missions, as per say shall i say completed. only way i got anything to run right was let darkloader unload them, then use of dromed, and then unzipped them to find other mission pieces tucked in behind. although to my disappointment they was no actually finished fm. but to say this if you managed to incorporate all those pieces, you could have an interesting fm to say the least, but folks dont put your hopes up high, its kinda put me down as i was. i went through the 3 packs of downloads he had, each had 3-4 fm pieces, but zero story, 7 had no ai's, 1 had 1 guard-couple spiders, other one well that coulda been a baby fm, with couple of objectives, and guards, too much light it was death on wheels but fun, think it was under fan.zip -------19.mis you might want to check this one out of the mix if you just want to have a blood bath, with objectives that check off but i have no idea what they were. just thoughts and suggestions sluggs, sorry but my feelings come first this time. you got some nice architecture, with some more tinkerin you could be a good to a great, work on lighting, archetecture, ai sensitivity(like the one guard in the tower i sat in full light for like 2mins waiting for the ai to react to my bump, and in otta mission sheesh they can hear, all though they not so bright i stood in one spot light was full and guards reaction was full alert but took them 2 mins to realize i was standing there. ) , story, cant wait to see what your finished mission will be like, hopefully a little darker, with some stealth, i want to have the option to ghost or go full out kill or just full out bj. aight i said my peace.

Sluggs, if you need help setting these up for Darkloader, go visit The Editor's Guild forum . You'll find all the assistance you need there from the people who build all these lovely missions for us. They're a very nice, helpful bunch.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

Hello there! (Sluggs)

Thanx for your comments, good or bad. The finished missions were the first set of missions that i made. I had to learn Dromed alone, Self Taught as i have only just got onto this Internet Thing! The finished missions have no Stories but proper objectives, (you must play the missions out of Dromed to see them) The other missions, like the one with the tower, were my first missions, and i had abandoned them. They are unfinshed so please don`t expect proper missions from them. I thought i made this clear in the acompanying docs! About the bright mission on the Sluggs Fan Missions #1 - Yes, i agree with you. (You learn by your own mistakes, and this is mostly how i did learn.) It took me a long time to learn how to use Dromed by myself. I had to look at the original Thief missions to see how they worked and i had to make lots of test missions to try things out!

On the 2nd mission of the Addon pack, (Ferrying The Iceman), playing this on a harder difficulty setting will reveal the rest of the level behind the main door where you start off, (Once you have the Gem) Plus, there is a big secret in that same mission!

Now a couple of questions,

1) Please tell me what Dromed, actually stands for! I think the "D" is for Dark and the "ED" is for Editor but i`m stumped on "ROM" LOL!

2) Though i have learned most of Dromed myself, i have always been Stumped, on creating Spiral Staircases! If you can help with this it will be greatly appreciated.

Once again, thanx All.

Sluggs

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vaughn.cooper

The missions work in DromEd but need to be zipped up to work with DarkLoader.

You need to ask your technical questions at the Editor's Guild. They'll be able to help you out there. I posted a link in my other message just above your last one. Click on it and it will take you to the right forum.

Darkloader Queries

Hi there, I shall begin making the completed missions from my Homepage - Darkloader Ready Tonight. (I aim to please)

Please keep your comments coming!

Thanx,

Sluggs

Great! I'm really looking forward to seeing them. It must have been difficult figuring how to use Dromed all on your own without the tutorials and other resources that are available online. That's quite an accomplishment!

Hi NightWalker

Thanx for all your help.

Yes, it was very difficult to learn Dromed myself. (Many a night was spent Cursing and Banging my head on the Wall!)

I later found out that AI which was different to the Normal, Default, AI, had more stuff in their Properties than the Default AI, same as objects and stuff, and it was finding this out that really got me started.

One of my abandoned missions, the one with the big Tower and Spiders in was made in all sorts of grid sizes, right down to 8! LOL! I spent a long time making that mission too! Never mind, as folk say, you learn by your own mistakes.

I am currently working on a 5 mission, T2, Addon pack. I am spending a lot of time on these missions, too long really, making them and polishing them up. I have been doing these missions for about 8 months now and i`m still a long way off. To be quite honest, it`s alot of work for one person!

I am currently putting much detail in my levels, i want to cram them with as much detail as i can. It does no good for the old framerates but i want to make my missions the way i want them to be. I will listen to comments made by the Thief Community, and i will take them into consideration as i build.

Once again, Thanx - Sluggs

For refrence regarding frame rate and long sightlines check out "The Insurrection." It contains the largest structure ever built for a Thief mission. (At least I think it's the largest...feel free to correct me taffers.) All the AI (Mechs & Hammers) are in a state of constant interaction and free to roam about no matter where Garrett happens to be. (No "skating" AI here.) The mission does have a bit more chop than your average FM but with staggering sightlines and so many AI running about it's amazing it works at all.

Good luck with your project and welcome to the fold you taffer.

Hi, SlyFoxx,

I would love to check out that mission, The Insurrection, where can i find it? (It`s my 1st day here on TTLG.COM!

Thiefmissions.com

Insurrection is at:
    http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=Insur_v1e

It's the second part of a two-part pack; both parts together are at:
    http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=KotP_Book1_v1b

Thanx, Epithumia

It appears that my missions currently don`t work when extracted to your main Thief directory because Darkloader has changed stuff. For now, the only way to play my missions out of Dromed is to re-install Thief then extract the files into the clean Thief folder.

I am, as i speak, finding a way to make my missions Darkloader Compatible. These missions were not made for Darkloader.

- Sluggs

For those who have already downloaded my missions, here`s how to get them Darkloader Ready.

First, extract the zip file onto your HD, then go into the extracted folder where you will see another folder.

Open the 2nd folder and use winzip to zip all the contents of that final folder (do not zip that last folder, only the contents). Save to Fan.zip and the missions should work from Darkloader now. (I just tried it)

I will also let you know when i have the new versions on my homepage. Please enjoy the missions.

- Sluggs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast