TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lord James' Retreat

Lord James' Retreat

This is my second Thief2 mission. After working on this mission for over one month I finally got the bugs out.

This mission is a short mission. It should take about one hour to complete. Those who like to ghost on expert will find it challenging in some areas, but it's not impossible.

If you want to play then go to http://www.geocities.com/john9818a/thief22.html

I hope you enjoy it. I'll be gone for about one week, so if you have any questions maybe the following will help:

There are no nose-to-the-ground buttons or loot hidden, so everything is visible. There is one exception, but there is a note to let you know where to look.

spoiler:
    If you see a servant running away just let him go.

Thanks!!

John

Excellent a new fan mission! Downloading now...

Thanks for the new mission ! This is the best way to start the weekend

I went ahead and put it up at darklurker.com also.

Lord James v.1

BANNED
    Can't wait to try it out. Thanks John for a nice Saturday surprise.

Really nice mission John. A good way to while away a few hours on a lazy saturday afternoon. Like you said in your post, everything is in front of you if only you care to look for it. Got a litle stuck on the one key, but after a few minutes rethink and rehunt managed to go on to finish it.

Thanks for your efforts John, I had great fun.

BANNED
    Dang, got everything but the
    spoiler:
    the key that the demon hides
    any hints? i already checked all paintings and sculptures, but still no clue.

IHateTheUndead: heres a hint
    spoiler:
    goto the lords room and search around the window.
    anymore then that would be silly.

BANNED
    Got it, thanks wild_inferno9
    Very entertaining mission John, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Not a bad little mission . The basement , oddly enough , was the only thing that eluded me . Trudging back to the cave was a bit of a pain in the butt , as I had to back track for a crate and take many tries to get back up out of the abandoned cottage . The bridge was very well done as was the view of the mansion from the roof - lots of room for expansion in this mission . One thing with all that dark area outside is that it makes taking out the guards extra easy . A couple of tree beasts or dragon flies would keep Garret a little sharper .

bdkl you tried climbin through the door and not the window right, lol. even after betatesting i must say i enjoyed playing through it again, i like the changes, great job john, too bad i still cant find all the loot, hmm. 450 short this time, alittle more off from beta when i was 380, but with the added loot, oh well maybe nightwalker found it all, nothing passes by her nose.

hate to ask...........but

where is the key to the lord's room....i have doubled around so many times...and have bj'd everyone...so i could turn all the lights back on....

by the way....I LOVE LIGHTSWITCHES AND LOCKS THAT OPEN WITHIN THIRTY SECONDS..THANK YOU THANK YOU

Not bad. Not much of a looker, but we all can't design like Bukary, Christine, Purah, or Saturnine I suppose . No, I don't mean any offense by that. I would possibly not allow the player to turn off almost every light in the place (making it super easy, if you are susceptible to laziness in sneaking like me), but on the other hand, you might have been a horrible taffer not allowing any to be turned off . I still have yet to find the key to the golden skull.. How were we supposed to get the key above the front door? I flareclimbed with two apples, though I'm sure this wasn't the intended means
    Also, I read the hint about the demon having the key, but can't find this yet..

Cheers,

deadman.
    "I cannot see anything admirable in stupidity, injustice and sheer incompetence in high places, and there is too much of all three in the present administration." -M.M.Kaye, The Far Pavilions

hmmmm...deadman

are you saying that you
    spoiler:
    got the key to the lord's rooms above the fron door?
    i would never have looked there...and i am really not sure what you mean by
    spoiler:
    flareclimbed with two apples
    Have i been thieving for this long without knowing something...are they more than food?

i also read that note, and know that i have to get where i am trying to get to then get there did that make any sense at all?

where is all the loot?

I cannot find all the loot, I think I found 2/3 secrets/switches. Wondering if there is an easily missed cache of gold, etc. anywhere.

thank you.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

I just finished it with all but 160g. of the total loot. I'll have to take another look later to see if I can find the rest. It's a very enjoyable mission, though a little on the easy side. It could have been spiced up a bit with a bit more forced sneaking, but still a lot of fun to play. Thanks, john9818a!

safriend, there's loot stashed all over the place. Are you short the required amount to finish the mission or just looking for all the available loot? I don't want to post the secrets here just yet, but I'll send you a PM with them. There's a bit of loot involved with them all, I think, so that might help.

deadman for the key look one of my previous posts where i helped ihatetheundead.

I give up! I've found all but 5g. of the available loot. I've made a loot list, so if anyone wants a copy just email me. If anyone finds the missing 5g., will you please let me know?

edit: Thanks to wild_inferno, the 5g. is now found, but it turns out the loot totals are different for Expert than for Normal/Hard, so this list will only apply to Expert until I have time to replay on the other settings.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 21st Jul 2003 at 18:35.

Originally posted by bdkl
    Not a bad little mission . The basement , oddly enough , was the only thing that eluded me . Trudging back to the cave was a bit of a pain in the butt , as I had to back track for a crate and take many tries to get back up out of the abandoned cottage . The bridge was very well done as was the view of the mansion from the roof - lots of room for expansion in this mission . One thing with all that dark area outside is that it makes taking out the guards extra easy . A couple of tree beasts or dragon flies would keep Garret a little sharper .
    There's a much easier way:

spoiler:
    The author kindly made two frobbable barrels, one near the abandoned house by the cave and one on the landing that leads down to the golden skull. The latter can be used to get the spare master wing key, and the former can be used to hop back out of the abandoned house. I only wish that ALL FM authors did this - I *hate* stacking crates!

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Getting the key is even easier if you
    spoiler:
    just use a rope arrow. The ceiling in the front foyer is wood.

Nightwalker,
    I ran a beta test for John and found this mission great fun! I think I know where the 5 g is, but can't remember WHERE it is...
    spoiler:
    I remember getting a small ring about 5 g on a windowsill... did you check all sills?

Enjoyable mission but I'm stuck.
    spoiler:
    I only have the skull to find. There is obviously a secret button to a room somewhere containing the skull but I can't find it. I though it was in the store room where David was or the Lord's room but I can't find buttons in either just a key. Can anybody help?

Sir Lance -
    spoiler:
    Go into the Guard's barracks and move the barrel underneath the stairs. You'll find the stairs down to the basement, where the skull is.

LTM - I've searched high and low but those tiny rings are easy to miss. I found one, but it was worth 100g. Maybe there's another one? When I have time, I'll take another look. Thanks!

nightwalker
    spoiler:
    the 5 gold your missing,is in the master wing on sill under light without light switch in hall right side of the sill (one opposite to stationary archer).

Bless you! Thanks very much!

Nice mission John, Thanks

Must go back and ghost this mission sometime, well worth the effort. I might find the 95 gold and other secret then

Well done and I hope to see another from you if got the time. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast