TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Fan Mission: Worlds Collide (8/03)

The Fan Mission: Worlds Collide (8/03)

My FM is now up and ready for your airborne blackjacking pleasure at ThifMissions . Please, let me know what you think of it.

Edit: It isn't new anymore, so I changed the subject heading.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 13th Feb 2004 at 19:52.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Jucheee! ;)

perfect,
    today i finished the last two tricky missions larsene and jenuvere
    hope there is a 3rd one by the author...

und now i play your mission hopefully thats same tricky !

DEDx Texture Index

Hi Everyone..Forgive my ignorance but what is DEDx Texture Index? Is it neccesary to
    download in order to play "when worlds collide??
    What does it do?
    Thanks
    TomN

Re: DEDx Texture Index

Originally posted by TomN
    Hi Everyone..Forgive my ignorance but what is DEDx Texture Index? Is it neccesary to
    download in order to play "when worlds collide??
    What does it do?
    Thanks
    TomN
    Afaik, TomN, the "DEDx Texture Index" is simply a reference for DromEd Authors (much like the Thief 2 Texture guide) and isn't required to play Worlds Collide at all.. I don't have DEDx and the textures worked fine when I beta-ed for Jabberwocky, plus I think he would've written "Needs Dedx to work!" in the Readme or here in the forums if it was required. Afaik (wow, twice in one post!), he included all the necessary DEDx files in the archive.

deadman.
    "I cannot see anything admirable in stupidity, injustice and sheer incompetence in high places, and there is too much of all three in the present administration." -M.M.Kaye, The Far Pavilions

thank you very much for the quick reply,deadman! (i think it took a whole 2 1/2 minutes)
    Now at the risk of being ignorant twice in one lifetime, whats is Afaik? LOL
    thanks again.
    TomN

duh...never mind. Afaik..As Far As I Know..right? lol
    Last edited by TomN; 10th Aug 2003 at 14:37.

Not a bad mission, nice atmosphere, though the mission was a bit short, i though i was going to go through the portal to dispose of the boss.

Really good mission Jabberwocky , been playing it with my kids and we're thoroughly enjoying it !
    spoiler:
    But for some reason the acid arrows disappear , is that meant to happen ? Also I can't work out how I'm supposed to get down the tunnel under the elevator alive . Any help appreciated .

Great fun
    Last edited by madwolf; 10th Aug 2003 at 12:51.

spoiler:
    Madwolf, you have to open the lock on the second floor to get down there. I suppose you don't have the key right now...

Taking a break
    Great job Jabberwocky! Lots of creepy atmosphere.
    cant wait to see a sequel!

The arrows are from DEDx, and do not have a key assigned to them. You have to cycle through your weapons manually. In my case this is the NumberPad + and -

for the elevator, Preno got it.

Glad you guys are liking it so far.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

This was an enjoyable little mission that kept on surprising me . After the rather plain grounds I didn't expect much , then the KOing started , the new AIs , and new arrows and objects . The mapping objective was a particularly good idea . Some scary sounds would have added to the already well done torture scenes .

Fun mission so far, I was really caught off guard by
    spoiler:
    The huge guy with the club in the basement
    . Anyway, I have all of the objectives completed except the "escape" objective, and the one that asks you to find the guy that went insane. Everything else is completed, but I CANNOT find that guy! Yeah, so, any help would be appreciated .

NM I got it, nice puzzle btw. Very cool new stuff. This FM really creeped me out, good job. BTW, It's no big deal, but I was just wondering, is there any way to get out of the moat once you fall into it? I was swimming around looking for a latter of something before I just quick loaded back to land.

There is a ladder in the moat not far from the guard house.

And I would also like to find sir John... Any hints? Is it connected to the "stone that is not like the others", whatever that means?

[edit] Never mind. Posted and wnt back to the game, found it within two minutes.

[editedit]Added spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Jocke; 10th Aug 2003 at 14:53.

Finished?

Hello!

I finished this nifty FM, but I'm VERY short of loot (~1200 of 2500!) and missing two secrets.

spoiler:
    I found both secret rooms on the first floor (loved the statue puzzle). Could there be a secret associated with the teddy bear that I missed? Also, for the secret button in the elevator, I simply picked the lock. Was I supposed to find an actual key? I assumed that the little girl had taken it with her...

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

spoiler:
    One may be painful to find.

spoiler:
    The other is the well kept super duper secret hiding place of many young boy's naughty magazines.

And for more loot,
    spoiler:
    Some people are able to find the answers in church.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Originally posted by The Mike
    Fun mission so far, I was really caught off guard by
    spoiler:
    The huge guy with the club in the basement
    . Anyway, I have all of the objectives completed except the "escape" objective, and the one that asks you to find the guy that went insane. Everything else is completed, but I CANNOT find that guy! Yeah, so, any help would be appreciated .
    spoiler:
    Lord John is found in a small secret room near the four Lost City glowing stone wielding statues, enter the room with a large bookcase ( from the statues room ) and look under the table for a note. The rest is for you to figure out.

Now this is SOME first mission, Jabberwocky!
    One thing though, shouldn't all the guards be dead ? Did Medivh revive them or something?

Thanks Preno
    spoiler:
    I hadn't spotted that lock

Really enjoyed this one .

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    spoiler:
    One may be painful to find.

spoiler:
    The other is the well kept super duper secret hiding place of many young boy's naughty magazines.

And for more loot,
    spoiler:
    Some people are able to find the answers in church.
    Hello!

Thanks for the tips... some more queries:

spoiler:
    I'd completely forgotten about the locked door and gleefully went in to the pentacle room. Spotted the traps, and triggered the button from amidst the plants and received the "found a secret" message. But - where's the secret? There's a green panel to the left of the book that I suspect is related, but it remains stubbornly closed. Repeated pushing of the button does nothing. If I missed a window from the first trigger, I'm rather stuck since I only have the one Quick Save and used it after pushing the button the first time!

Next hint: I'm at a loss with finding the crown - the only "chest" I could find that might answer the riddle was the zombie chest in the basement (ew!). Am I missing something obvious?

Searched the church and nothing new there... perhaps a more specific hint? I've searched the library and the hammer's room as well.

Finally: being a gal, I'm just not hip to the hint about magazine hiding places. I checked beds and bathrooms, but no joy If any of this has to do with the bell tower, I bashed that door open long ago but found nothing frobbable inside.

Thanks again for you help - lovely mission!

Cheers,
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

I'm stuck, I got into Doomhammer's room and found the big buy and found the button in Medivh's room, can't figure out what it opens. Theres something that opens under a bed, can't find what opens that. And I could pick the box to the basement. I heard about a key to open that, is there something wrong? When I get to the basement theres a note and a half-finished tunnel. What am I supposed to do down here?

Edit: What about the statue puzzel? One rock isn't like the other, the bearded statue, what do I do with him?

spoiler:
    The button doesn't open anything. If you look carefully, you'll see the empty pedestal now contains a book.

spoiler:
    If you drop the bed by pushing the lever/button behind a gate in the room with the high voltage warning in the basement, then all you have to do is go upstairs and find what room that bed came from.

spoiler:
    The half finished tunnel is the exit.

Alrighty.

Well, foo.

spoiler:
    I read the book but didn't realize that it was actually the result of the button - d'oh! Found the statue under the bed across the way from the pentacle room. Secrets seem to be accounted for but missing much loot

I'm still stuck on finding the crown - I have bashed and frobbed everywhere in the church, killed all the orc-things (just in case the crown lurked inside one of their chests!), and bashed vainly at every statue on the same premise.

Has anyone found the crown?

Also: regarding the optional objective - what does it mean to have a "flying knockout"? I've had them tally that way periodically in my stats after completing a mission, but I've never known what I did to cause it. Not knowing, I can't target that objective

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Re: Alrighty.

Originally posted by Melissa
    Also: regarding the optional objective - what does it mean to have a "flying knockout"? I've had them tally that way periodically in my stats after completing a mission, but I've never known what I did to cause it. Not knowing, I can't target that objective

Cheers!
    -M [/B]
    An airbourne KO is as obvious as it sounds The way I find easiest is to run up behind a guard, swing my BJ THEN press jump. You might need a little pratice to get the distance right (seems to be about two metres away) but it's pretty easy once you get it. Have fun

Speaking of the AirKO, how many people have bought Susie a pony? Just curious.

Airborne KO is any knockout while you are in the air (jumping from a ladder, or a crate, or just taking a flying leap) comfortably numb has the system down pretty well. And if you do miss, flashbombs are your friends.

For the missing loot, the only thing more I can (will) tell is
    spoiler:
    property damage is required, and it is in plain view. Sorry ghosts but it is not an undead mission.

Edit:
    Urk Buggyness!!!!! (noooooooooooooo )
    If you DO find the crown, the end loot changes. Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry. If your loot is more than 3000, it is my fault not yours.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 10th Aug 2003 at 20:57.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Nice FM

I have to play it again cause it crashed to desktop when I was using the acid arrows gleefully killing people. But, it's fun so I don't mind going back.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast