TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 Fan Mission: Worlds Collide (Aug 2003)

great i had a blast

the only thins is i could not find the girl or what happened to her

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    Speaking of the AirKO, how many people have bought Susie a pony? Just curious.
    Oh...I did, with glee! Fantastic optional objective there...just the other day, I was wondering when someone was going to have the brass burricks to put an airborne KO goal in an FM.

Thinking is part of playing

While there were some interesting parts to this mission,but overall it was entirely too easy. I do however appreciate any new mission. I figured the porthole would be my passage to more thievery or maybe that the tunnel would lead me to the city for more adventures. Overall I give it a five
    Now I may get some negative comments for this but some of you people have got think a little bit. This mission is not that hard. Come on now Spend a little time seeking out the solution.

I can't seem to find a 4th secret.
    spoiler:
    statue secret giving access to Sir E John

spoiler:
    Fob coat hanger to access secret room

spoiler:
    The button within the flowers/plants

love that flying knockout....did not understand until i read the post here....so i started over just to get that objective cuz i had already knocked to many ai's out.

Really liked this mission....nice combo of much that i love

I got the crown, but before even finding the riddle. The riddle most likely would've confused me.

A hint on it, though:

spoiler:
    The 'chest' you are searching mainly just relates to the function of a chest.

The author wants to be sneaky about it, so I'll leave it at that.

I'm missing something obvious; I can't open any of the cell doors. For some reason my autosearch body function doesn't work on the inhuman guards. I've already had to manually take keys from fallen guards, so I'm guessing that someone else may have the key, but I can't find it. Please help

Great little level Jabberwocky. The new AI's were especially impressive.

Thanks for the kind words, and I am getting a little better idea of what worked and what didn't.

glennicus: There is no way for you to free the prisoners, that is a job best left for a professional rescue party of Hammerites.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

BANNED

Prisoners...

spoiler:
    Actually I did fire-arrow blast open the door where I could hear a woman prisoner but could not see her... I was curious, and I had all this left over ammo (never needed any acid arrows as the orc took a simple blackjacking and fell) .... Anyway, it turns out she was invisible!, because after I blew the door open I could still hear her, but couldn't see her. I could hear her running around in the cell and I could 'feel' her as I would run up against something that didn't appear to be there. I did finally manage to knock her out... swear to gott.

So come on Jabberwocky what's up?

BTW, Jabberwocky this is a very nice mission first mission or not.

Hurray!
    Downloading ze mission now...

-Alexius-

There is a reason I left her in as is, but that door is another issue.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

I made reference about 8 messages ago to an undiscovered 4th secret. Can anyone lead me, either explicitly or implicitly towards it ?

BANNED

4th secret.. I think

Clock,

Go back a bit to Melissa's message entitled 'Alrighty'...

dungeon area--is the keeper on the wall?

I am in the dungeon area, and I found what looks like a keeper/thief on the wooden wheel on the wall. if that is the keeper, why won't the objective check off for locating the keeper?

BTW, playing on easy setting.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

safriend, are you actually IN the same room or can you only see him? You need to be in the same room for the objective to check off.

This mission has my vote for the scariest moment in a fan mission.
    spoiler:
    I was trying to pick the lock to a door on the second floor when much to my surprise the door opened and I was staring face to face with an angry orc. Up until that point, I had no idea any of the enemies in this mission weren't human. I didn't pay much attention to the guards on the wall next to the entrance.

heh, I was wondering if I would get anybody there
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

worlds collide

Nightwalker,

I am in the room with the iron maiden, the torture tables w/ schackles, and the bed that goes up and down like an elevator. I see a thief on a wooden wheel upside down. To my right is a gate with the orc and green guy on the other side and to my backside is the two gates that lead to the electric room with the electric chair.

Is this the right place to find the keeper? or is he in cell?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

The "Objective Complete" message should have poped up when you droped down into that room, that is the one.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

One thing that is bugging me re: airborne KO's...

Is it me, or am I normally able to jump THEN strike with a weapon, (like jumping up to cut down a flag with a sword, etc...) but in this mission, I seem not to be able to do that?

Is this because of the KO objective?

I have always had to swing then jump, it wont even let me swing if I jump first.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    I have always had to swing then jump, it wont even let me swing if I jump first.
    Jabberwocky is correct. Go back into the game (or any fan or original mission) and try this: jump and while in the air try to blackjack. It doesn't work. Why? Who knows. It's best to get a little practice in so you know the perfect time to start swinging and quickly jump, allowing enough distance between you and the AI (because your jump will take you a few feet forward, unless you're just jumping straight up). It's easier to simply walk off a wall or whatever (Mages is a good example from Thief Gold) and then trigger your blackjack in mid-air, but you can only do this because you didn't actually jump.

It's just one of those quirks about Thief . I've always found it annoying too, but believe me, one gets used to it and pretty soon you'll be getting high "KO while airborne" scores on every FM .

deadman.
    "I cannot see anything admirable in stupidity, injustice and sheer incompetence in high places, and there is too much of all three in the present administration." -M.M.Kaye, The Far Pavilions

TTLG Server Goddess
    Great job Jabberwocky! I can't wait for the next installment (through the portal we will go?)

I thought it was odd that I was able to Blackjack the giant orcs... never needed the acid arrows at all

And I have been everywhere and tried everything I can think of and can't find the crown!

Sorry, but that one is my lit....
    Ow!
    Hey! LEGGO,
    NO NOT A POWER WEDGIE,
    I'LL TELL, I'LL TELL!!!!!!!
    spoiler:
    It is the Box Basher's Delight!!
    for those who take them out 'just in case'.
    Unfortunatly I set it up wrong, so the loot total is a bit buggy when you get it.

The Trolls Vs. acid was a situation of "Oh good, you made him mad.... and here come all his friends!" But they are useful if you miss a Air KO or piss em off and really want to see what is past him without reloading.

Thanks to all who gave comments and support. Hopefully my next will be up to snuff with less bugs. Even the ones only I know about.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 17th Aug 2003 at 21:51.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast