TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 Fan Mission: Worlds Collide (Aug 2003)

What might be causing this - please check my logic

I downloaded World's Collide and Ominious Request at the same time, but I think World's Collide is corrupting Darkloader somehow or I got a bad download. Here's why -

I installed and played World's Collide under Darkloader 4.1 like normal and was really enjoying myself doing those flying KO's and all when I thought I should check my map. After I did so, my textures were all screwed up, colors were all wrong on the screen and I had a message " Unable to render scene" across the top of my screen. Game crashed to desktop.

As this had never happened before I assumed bad download and tried to install and run Ominious Bequest. As soon as I read the note in the observatory - same crash with message. I try Thief 2 under darkloader - same message. So I am thinking ok - its Thief 2 somehow is corrupted.

So I load the original thief 2 game under darkloader and quit. I then run Thief 2 off the cd. Runs with no errors whatsoever. I try Thief 1 - no pr0blems there either. HMM. ok its got to be darkloader. Uninstall Darkloader and reboot and reinstall darkloader 4.1. Ominious Bequest runs with no problems. I try original 2 through darkloader - ok too. I install and play World's Collide - bam back to that error again.

Anyone have any ideas what could be going on?

I think its World's Collide, but how would that transfer to the other fms and the om's. Darkloader?

Or could it be a failing video card? Problems with DirectX 9.0b? XP?

In any event I haven't replayed World's Collide. Sorry Jabberwocky, I was having some fun with it too.
    The problem is choice...

Understandable,

all I can suggest is unloading WC (sounds like you did already)going into your thief2\books directory and checking that. All my books will show up as WCsomething.str If you have any still in there delete them and try again.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

I must be missing something simple

Hey y'all, I'm liking this mission....but I have a problem and don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    spoiler:
    How do you get into the room with the hanging keeper? The two buttons and switch that are near the other (away from the orc and giant) door seem to open something else. I can't seem to reach the switch on the other side and keys and lockpicks don't work. Argh!
    Grrr!

you should be able to just reach the switch, it opens a trap door in the ceiling
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

OK, does this mean I get into that room through the entrance in the ceiling? Any hints on how to get there?

OK, I'm an idiot. I went back upstairs. Thanks for humoring me.

Am I toast?

Enjoying the one immensly but I think I have some replaying to do.

-
    spoiler:
    Found the button in the wall vault inside the elevator shaft and went down to the tunnel. Hopped off the elevator and pushed the button sending the elevator back up. Then I read the scroll about leaving the lift down!! Tried the button again but the lift won't decend. Now I'm stuck with no place to go I think.

The worse part is I quick saved it after playing throught to that point!

spoiler:
    if the elevator is up and you are down, your toast.

I was having second thoughts about that bit of storyline vs. potential trap. Sorry.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Ahhh I thought so!

Distant Quasar
    Nice mission - are those orcs from DeDX, or are these from Jabberwocky? Anywho, I have all the objectives completed, but cannot find the backdoor that I need to leave through?
    - eep!

Those are DEDx Orcs & trolls, something that caused a bit of xaos & konphusion in beta testing of people saying nice work with them. I WISH I knew how to make AI, but all I did with them was make the trolls immune to certain weapons.

spoiler:
    Down the elevator, then go through the passage

spoiler:
    the elevator is in the NE tower, with a special button on the 2nd floor

glad you liked it
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Distant Quasar
    Do you mean the little cave area with the scroll on the table? I was there earlier in the mission, but the objective won't check off now. That's ok, I figured that was the exit - close enough for government work!
    - eep!

Ghost

Resurrecting the thread....

[Folks]

How do you get into the room behind the unfrobbable door opposite the Hammerite church on the upper level?

There also seems to be a room I didn't get into on the floor below, but that might be the room where I found Sir Elton John.

I have only 1400 loot or so; I suspect the crown is worth a lot, but does it really account for the rest, or am I missing a lot?

Dafydd

I don't know if there's a key for the door opposite the chapel. It's smashable, though and behind it there's just
    spoiler:
    a hallway with a bell tower above it. I didn't find anything of value in there.
    The locked door with the guard in front of it downstairs I'm pretty sure can't be opened. I think I asked about that one.

I was told the correct loot total for the mission is 2442. The crown is worth
    spoiler:
    800g.
    so you've found a large portion of what's available without the crown.

That door is a "good" use for DS12... it should not even be bashable. The one with a guard I got very lucky, it accidently DID get DS12.

As for the crown, you have to get mad and
    spoiler:
    start breaking stuff. The Kitchen is a good place to start

The loot is pretty buggy, so even with the crown only 2442 can be gotten. After C5 I might do a bug hunt on it.

Actually Nightwalker, I lost that Loot List I gave you when my hard drive went ka-put. If you still have it and wanted to send it to CheapThief it is cool with me.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 13th Feb 2004 at 13:20.

You mean the funny one you sent me? You bet I've still got it. I just checked it and it ended up with the wrong loot total, though, so I'll have to go over it to see where the error is. Once I fix it, I'll send it to Jason when he gets back and I'll send you a copy, too.

Ghost

Hm...

[Nightwalker, Jabberwocky]

Well since I'm ghosting, I suppose I'll just take what I have and exit.

Thanks; very enjoyable FM!

Dafydd

yo... your ghosting it? But what about Suzie's pony?

Glad it is enjoyable.... even with the bugs.

Ghost

Suzie's pony?

[Jabberwocky]

What the heck you talking about?

spoiler:
    If that's where the crown is hidden, I already realized I can't get it, as it would require property damage.

Dafydd

I think he means the optional airborne blackjacking objective. On the starting screen it says winning the bet will buy Susie a pony At least the headaches are for a good cause.

Ghost

Oh, right. That.

[Folks]

As it's an optional objective, I have to abjure.

If it were required by the objectives, then it would be not only allowed but required to knock out ten AIs while airborne in order to ghost... which would be pretty weird, as far as ghosting goes.

Dafydd

I found this older FM which I'd never played and find I'm rather enjoying it. I am stuck however, even after reading through all the old threads & posts for this one. I followed the instructions given in the original thread, to no avail.

'kay; I've been down to the generator room, pushed the blue-bed elevator button, thrown the trapdoor switch, but when I run back up to the green room door, it's still closed. And the toggle switch on the generator unit (looks like the conduit runs to the chair sitting next to the unit); is it supposed to be in the up or down position and does it have anything to do with getting into the green room? How in heck do I get into the green room?

Also, how do I get through that portal?

I know I'm resurrecting a very old thread, but would really like to finish this FM.

Thanks!

BOY AM I A DORK OR WHAT!!!??? I was trying to get into the WRONG ROOM!!! Found the green room (on the other side of the hall) and have completed the mission. Sorry for any inconvenience, taffers.

Fun FM, btw. Liked the new bad guys.
    Last edited by Dia; 12th Feb 2007 at 15:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Also, how do I get through that portal?
    You wait for the author to get off his lazy ass and make episode 2, thats how.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Welllll ...... we're all waiting.

Ya know, it'd take too long to actually light a fire under your ass, sooooo .....

*grabs a lit torch and jabs Jabberwocky in the butt with it*

We're still waiting.

P.S. Thanks for a fun FM with Worlds Collide, btw!

excellent mission, never realised how hard it was to do an airborne BJ before

suizie got her pony and I got a huge smile dealing with the guards

cracking stuff , when is part two coming out ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast