TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Mad as a Hatter

Like the top and bottom of a scroll with the middle part missing...
    You mean what a scroll looks like if it is back-to-front? I saw one of those in the Award Room when i was BetaTesting it but that was fixed. I haven't seen another one that way yet. In fact, many bugs that i mentioned to Triksta have been fixed. BetaTesting really works!

Sluggs

great mission triksta.
    spoiler:
    Love the axe!

Mad as a Hatter

Triksta - thank you so much - I've just finished on Heroic after a very pleasant three hours or so. Really enjoyed it - I started off playing Legend and got half way through, but found it was just too hard not being able to knock more than 3 people out - especially once in the asylum cells. So started over again. Outstanding atmospherics, use of dark and light, and boy did those guards have sensitive ears!

I shall now be plagued by nightmares of

spoiler:
    that poor bloke being given shock treatment in his cell - and the poor inmate forced to watch the video screens! What a nasty vivid imagination you have ;-)

Fun mission! But I seem to be stuck where nobody else is. I can't find a key to the trophy room. Could I please get a nudge as to whereabouts I should look? I have covered the whole map, and need help to finish this soon. There's a guard dying somewhere, as suddenly when I'm minding my own business the mission ends telling me I'm not allowed to kill anyboy I'm innocent! But in a hurry

Nobody knows the answer that can help me out...?

Have you found the key that lies
    spoiler:
    behind a banner, inside a safe yet? It is on the opposite wall to where you see that picture of Triksta himself! Urrrgh!
    I think that's the key you need!

Sluggs

Yes I found that key, but that's for Dr. Polaski's quarters....

OK. Did you find the key
    spoiler:
    inside one of the lockers near there?

On the first floor? yes I found that - but that's not the key either...

spoiler:
    I'm supposed to look for the "staff safe"..?

I can't find it Which is rather embarassing as the house isn't THAT big ....

The mind Boggles! Do you know, i BetaTested this mission and i played it again since to see if the author had fixed things, which he had, but i can't remember where to find that key and i certainly don't remember a staff safe!

Odd!

Sluggs

McEve: you must have seen the note since you mentioned "staff safe".
    spoiler:
    There is a room on the main level with a plaque over the door that says "Staff Only". There is a safe in that room with the key.

So what about the treasury room? How do I get in.

Is there a way to get into that vent in the freezer? Or the one over the trophy?

I am WAY short on total loot though I had enough to finish the mission so it must be in that treasury room.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Originally posted by sluggs
    The mind Boggles! Do you know, i BetaTested this mission and i played it again since to see if the author had fixed things, which he had, but i can't remember where to find that key and i certainly don't remember a staff safe!

Odd!

Sluggs
    I think the staff safe was the one in polaski's office that wouldn't open . I'm guessing the treasury key on expert is located there . Being busy with Night-Falcon I haven't had a chance to check out the release version of this mission .

I think this is what youre looking for
    spoiler:
    Staff safe is in the room with the 3 rugs on the marble floor...you know the room next to the guard room that has the gaming table with both the deck of cards and the red dice on it....check behind the tapestry

To my Beta Testers

I had updated my level and sent you all e-mails but i recieved no reply, so after a lot of testing by myself i decided to release it anyway, probably not the best way to do it but i have limited internet access.

I said in the txt file that if i had missed any credits out i will add them in an updated version somewhen later, so if i have please state so.

Thanks Diana, I overlooked both the "Staff only" sign, and the banner. That type is often not slashable, so I jsut ignored it.... My mistake, should never assume anything in Thief, I should have learned that by now!

The treasury key... now where did I find that one again..? I believe it's on the 3'rd floor, in the prison office, but I might be wrong. I should start using "notes" You will find quite a lot of loot in there.

You get tinto both the vents from the basement, the entrance is behind some generators in a room down there. it's also possible to use the crates. slash the ice down, and crawl in from the freezer.

Re: To my Beta Testers

Originally posted by triksta
    I had updated my level and sent you all e-mails but i recieved no reply, so after a lot of testing by myself i decided to release it anyway, probably not the best way to do it but i have limited internet access.

I said in the txt file that if i had missed any credits out i will add them in an updated version somewhen later, so if i have please state so.
    I didnt get an second email from you so I PM'ed my bugs to you here via the forum....
    And I saw what you said in the readme....pleaze add me on your next update...

ditto

Of course I will Maestro, my appologies.

I have very limited internet access time and sometimes forget to check my PM's and E-Mail's.

On the next update im thinking of adding,

spoiler:
    Save George objective or maybe save George and replace with Polaski.
    'The Diamond' and 'Mad as a hatter' FM's by me Triksta

Originally posted by triksta

On the next update im thinking of adding,

spoiler:
    Save George objective or maybe save George and replace with Polaski.
    [/B]
    Nice idea. It sure seems like there is a major guilt factor over this.

After all, Garret is the thief with a conscience!

I put both of the dead inmates to rest, and was sorta disappointed when I didn't get a reward

Yes please let me help poor George!!!

McEve - you and I think alike. And thanks for the tips.

Great mission BTW Triksta.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Hello

Hi Tricksta, great mission, Im in the middle of Legend and I cant get past all those G.D. guards on the third floor cell block. Im trying though. THis is a really good sneaky mission, lotsa close shaves. I like the fact that I actually have to use my weapons, lots of FMs are easy to ghost but not this baby. Ive made it to the third floor with no knock outs, but I think I may have to use em up here.
    BTW is there anything I should be looking for in the chapel or is it just eye candy?
    Thanks for all your hard work,
    AdG

Need Help

triksta, I need some help, Ive got past the 3rd floor guards and the 4th ones are neutralized, but how do I get into P's office? I cant find a key anywhere.

spoiler:
    Did you open all the doors upstairs ?
    It's been awhile since I played this one but I'm sure it's fairly close . Also
    spoiler:
    pay special attention to the bathroom walls

Great fun, thanks Triksta! I just finished on Legend with 3424 of 3749 loot, 2 BJs, and all 3 secrets found. As stated by Alexdagreat, I too enjoy missions in which you MUST use your weapons. There were quite a few times I backtracked looking for alternate routes thinking the obvious was just too difficult to be possible, only to find they were possible, but very tricky.

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast