TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female bosses enjoy terrorizing male subordinates

Female bosses enjoy terrorizing male subordinates

hmm

Hmmm, strangely not suprizing.
    "Passive indifference is as bad as active malice." - Obama
    -| Black Ertai |-

hmmm. think about your own personal experience with bosses over the years. i'd say that a full 2/3 of the bosses i've had are lame, esp the low level ones. doesn't matter what sex they are or what religion they practice or what neighborhood they grew up in. they were prolly lil so-and-so's when they were underlings, too. and given a teeny bit of power just brings out the worst in them.

bleah.

V***V

Originally posted by vesselle
    and given a teeny bit of power just brings out the worst in them.
    Yes. In games like WC3 that are all about being the most powerful, people will kill you if they can. In every single PvP game there are 2 or 3 people that just want to play to be the best and destroy everyone.

Really says alot about humanity...

You might say "Thats just a game" but...

Games are a portal into one's mind.

Unconventional sexual orientation? Like saying a woman who will not sleep with you must be a lesbian? The worm turns.

I just wish there wasn't so much backbiting and jockying for position. Hell just do your job and go home. Why is that so hard? Isn't there enough drama at home? One day whether you want it or not you may find yourself the boss and have to deal with the crap from the other side and see it aint pretty from any angle.

Mistaken for a man
    Heh! So it's not only the men after all!

Female bosses also enjoy terrorizing female subordinates, like male bosses enjoy terrorizing female and male subordinates. Even female subordinates enjoy terrorizing male and female subordinates as well as male subordinates enjoy terrorizing female and male subordinates. And when they have the chance, male and female subordinates will enjoy terrorizing female and male bosses.

BR796164

I can tell! I have a female boss.

Then tell! Do you terrorize her or she you? Are you male or female?

BR796164
    I'm a male and she's a bitch.

Which proves that female bosses enjoy terrorizing male subordinates.

lol

Its just like cops. Most cops were losers in high school now enjoying power as a law enforcement officer. Thats why most are butt holes. anyways, I think its bogus that they get away with that. I'm sure if you tried to complain they would say you "sexually harrassed" them. That line is becoming a fricken catch phrase anymore. Its like saying "I'm going to shoot you" in public schools. SHEESH. bunch of freaks

-hatching-

Originally posted by Hatching-a-plan
    Its just like cops. Most cops were losers in high school now enjoying power as a law enforcement officer. Thats why most are butt holes.
    How many police officers have you met in your life time?

Re: lol

Originally posted by Hatching-a-plan
    Its just like cops. Most cops were losers in high school now enjoying power as a law enforcement officer. Thats why most are butt holes. anyways, I think its bogus that they get away with that. I'm sure if you tried to complain they would say you "sexually harrassed" them. That line is becoming a fricken catch phrase anymore. Its like saying "I'm going to shoot you" in public schools. SHEESH. bunch of freaks

-hatching-
    1997 wants its social satire back.

Originally posted by BR796164
    I'm a male and she's a bitch.
    I didn't know dogs did managerial tasks these days

ha... hahaha... haa... haha... har

Someone please end the torment

women enjoy terrorizing men?

what. is. the. world. coming. to?

i'm so surprised.

this should only come as a surprise to those males raised in a cloister

Mistaken for a man
    My favorite saying applies here perfectly:
    "Everyone is just as big an arsehole s/he can afford to be"

For some reason, I'm reminded of my psych ex-girlfriend post.

10,000 yrs of oppression tends to make people a little skiddish.

So suck it up for a while.

The Godess is not amused.

Fortunately, if you have the right support, you can get the twits off your back. Really, harrassment isn't a gender issue, although it's probably more common from men. It has to do with bullying, to some degree... parents don't deal with power issues, schools don't nip them in the bud. Then they grow up to be people who need to dominate others to feel good about themselves. It's really pathetic.

The guys who have bothered me give me that feeling. One person I was once afraid of, after I broke his hold over me by confronting him (and, when it didn't work, going to managers) behaved very childishly. Stomping around, circling and glaring, testing me to see if I would back down. At first I was scared he was a psycho who would go postal, but eventually I got my nerve up and stopped avoiding him. There was a very gratifying point at which I saw him turn aside from my path, as if the sight of me unnerved him and he thought I might run him over with my cart. He seemed to learn what it felt like, for a moment, at least.

I still absolutely hate him being around. His existence on the planet sickens me and I don't feel I should have to work with him. But I don't cower. I am painfully shy and nervous and clumsy, but I can say in a steady voice "pardon me" when he gets in my way, just like with everyone else. I am not the same little kid that I was. I woke up and grew up a bit.

Another girl was just standing around and he idiotically groped her hair as he walked past one day. The guy is clearly stuck back at the age of 13 where he didn't know how to handle women, which is why he bothers girls 40 or more years younger than him--he's afraid of people who are on his level and are mature. (The other girls are about 18-25 as well.) Mentally and emotionally, he is still a selfish and juvenile individual. I sincerely hope he is fired or moved from third shift and not just made to behave himself--I feel the same about one fellow who didn't fixate on me, but did say to a friend of mine the kind of thing that even her husband would not say to her (and he would be the only one she allowed if he wanted to.) She said he felt, to her, like a rapist, and she knows--she was raped. This is extremely disturbing. The man has a wife and children, but he still carries on with this behavior.

I suspect female harrassers are the same as male harrassers, whether bosses or no. They do not know what is acceptable. They have been dominated and feel it is all right for them to carry on that abuse, to see if they can burn out the negative feelings of their pasts on men who don't deserve it. This has to be stopped. No one should just accept it--if you can't be mean and lose your nerve when you try, think of refusing the behavior and going to a higher authority as kindness. It is far kinder for you to help someone deal with their problems than to let them live on in suppressed misery and immaturity. Let it come from a place of compassion. Is it really better for them to live with "if you don't do what I say, I'll tell the teacher you did something bad"? That's no way to carry out your adult existence. They have to learn not to let themselves think it's okay to harm others. In the end, if they do keep thinking such things, it only hurts everyone, including them.

All harrassers just need to grow up. They may be playing with adult things like sex, but deep down they're still petty children, whatever their gender.

Writers also have bosses who demand that writers write. So they write something. Nobody can prove the truth or the opposite.

Originally posted by Macattack
    10,000 yrs of oppression tends to make people a little skiddish.

So suck it up for a while.

The Godess is not amused.
    This reminds me of the 'I've been playing piano for fifteen years' joke. How old are you personally? That's exactly the maximum length of time you could have been opressed for. everything else is just history.

Take the existentialist view: You are not responsible for the crimes of those who came before you, nor are you justified in your own actions by them. Appointing yourself executor of another's vengance upon people based on an arbitrary genetic accident at conception, regarless of culpability, is the worst kind of self-deception; justifying one tyranny with another is simple foolishness.

As for the rest, i agree with the majority. most people like oppressing other people.

Azekiel,

While I agree with your rebuttal as it pertains to the misapplication of vengeance in a more modern and (supposedly as per your existentialist example) enlightened age, I must take issue with your casual dismissal of the role of history.

O' Neill wrote "the past is the present. It's the future, too. We all try to lie out of that but life won't let us."

When one belongs to a group that has been oppressed for centuries, that person is born into a world which, for better or for worse, continues to view that person as a part of their group's history. A person can aspire to distinguish themself as an individual yet can never completely divorce themself from their group without losing their fundamental physical identity.
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

Oh still Spamlet, I don't share a piece of the blame for what guys did hundreds of years ago because I have a penis too or because I was born. A person doesn't have some sort of prerogative to be a jerk because their interest group has a history of suffering. I have to reprove that I'm not a jerk every time I get out of bed. Every day, it's back to men-are-pigs and I can't prove that I'm a decent person, they don't want to hear it. So they treat me like dirt. I'm sick of that attitude.

Right KM,

You just proved my point for me which (since you seemed to miss it completely) was that the burden of history continues to create and foster prejudicial attitudes and treatment. Except in your scenario you're the innocent one who's part of an unjustly oppressed group.

You need to re-read my post if you think I was excusing anyone's retaliatory behavior.

BTW, If you are a truly decent person then there's no need to convince anyone of it. People will recognize that on their own from the everyday kindness of your actions towards them.

P.S. I got a kick out of your misuse of the word "reprove" as it pertains to the rest of your overly defensive assertions of blamelessness. A Freudian slip perhaps?

The day you come to understand that all an oppressed minority really wants is to be treated as an equal, and you begin treating them as such; is the day you'll start earning their respect.
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35