TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telliamed has released Amnesia v2

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Telliamed has released Amnesia v2

There's been no mention of it here, but Telliamed has released an updated version of his excellent C4 mission, Amnesia. It can be found at thiefmissions here.

Tom, my apologies if you didn't want this announced. I just enjoyed the mission so much, I wanted to get the word out.
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

Great!

I really liked the C4 Amnesia, so I'm probably gonna enjoy the upgrade as well =)

- schma

Telliamed's still alive!
    Why did he stop posting here then? I miss his humorous stories.

Originally posted by theImmortalThief
    Telliamed's still alive!
    Why did he stop posting here then? I miss his humorous stories.
    Not only still alive, but just released a set of his own custom scripts at The Editor's Guild. We're blessed to have two great script writers over there.

I've just downloaded Amnesia but when I try to play it I get a message saying I need to download a custom script from http://thief.math.uh.edu.scripts but I then get a message saying can't find website - has it moved?

You can download the scripts here Just unzip them right into your T2 game folder and the mission should run.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 29th Nov 2014 at 15:22. Reason: fixed broken link

Thanks Nightwalker but you need to bear with me as it did not work so I must have done something wrong. I clicked on the link you gave me and when asked where to save, I looked for my Thief2 folder and saved there then unzipped the files but no joy, I still get the same message. Until now I've avoided FMs that require custom scripts downloaded as it's too technical for me!

I don't know much about this tech stuff, I'm afraid. You don't need the zipped file in there and I don't know if having it would affect anything or not. Hopefully, someone with more expertise will come along to help. If not, start a new thread asking for help with the scripts and you'll get more attention from the folk who understand this stuff.

Hmmmm...I never had problems with the scripts before but with Amnesia, it just exits to the desktop (at the point where it would otherwise have given the scripts message.)

I notice that the current scripts archive is different sized from the previous archive I had.

It may be that v2 is not compatible with the latest version of Gaylesaver's scripts. Hopefully either telliamed or Gaylesaver can help out here.

I deleted the newest (1.2) and used the old (1.0) files and it works.

Hmmmm, interesting... I have 1.2 installed and played it no problems.

Originally posted by Yandros
    Hmmmm, interesting... I have 1.2 installed and played it no problems.
    Same here.

Can anyone help with a hint to the location of
    spoiler:
    the key to the lift controls?

Thanks in advance. STEELMAN.

spoiler:
    The elevator key is in a small metal strongbox down in the guards' quarters&dining area.

Also, where
    spoiler:
    is the key for the two ornate doors from the uppermost level?

The
    spoiler:
    front door key
    is in the
    spoiler:
    Keeper's room right down the hall from the front door.
    To my knowledge, you can't open the other locked door on the upper level. But somebody probably knows how.

Getting the
    spoiler:
    key from the Keeper is also much easier once you figure out the new use for your lockpicks.
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

Question

spoiler:
    How do I open the secret door at the top of the stairs leading to the kitchen?

Nice mission, thanks!
    AdG

AlexDaGreat:

spoiler:
    Check high on the wooden beams at the top of the stairs (the beams between the secret door and the stairs). It's a small lever, so easy to miss it.

Addendum to Yandros hint for the front door key (if anyone is still stuck):
    spoiler:
    If you can't find the key to the front door in the room Yandros talked about, it's because you still have work to do =) It's possible to get to that room while you still have hidden objectives/places you haven't been. The key doesn't appear until you're ready (this had me completely stumped the first time I played it, as I didn't think about searching for the key in a room I already "finished").

- schma

*edit*
    PS: I found the rerelease to be a bit easier than the original. Not just because I now know my way around, but the number of living things in the mission has been scaled down. I'm pretty sure one previously unpickable door is now pickable, as well.. (will have to replay the original to verify that last bit).
    */edit*
    Last edited by schma; 15th Oct 2003 at 02:06.

Ghost

To amplify...

[Folks]

To amplify a bit on what Schma said, the Front Door Key doesn't appear until you have satisfied all the objectives -- at least, it didn't for me. I went back to the place it was supposed to be, after I finished everything else, and lo and behold, it was there this time... even though I searched the place extensively beforehand and it definitely was not there then.

By the way, the mission is ghostable. I mention this because the last few I played (notably Ruins of Originia and the last mission of Night Falcon) were definitely not ghostable.

Dafydd

spoiler:
    Ummm, I see I need the envelope before I can get the key to the top floor doors but I can't find that either. Can anybody help?

Sir Lance:
    spoiler:
    In the office near the big fireplace downstairs, there's a desk. It is possible to open the doors on that desk.

Thanks schma - I missed that one!
    spoiler:
    Mission completed but did anybody find a use for the iron key?

spoiler:
    It opens the case that the Bloodsword is in, in case you're ghosting or otherwise don't want to break the glass.

spoiler:
    Thanks. I saw the loot straight away and just had to have it like any good thief! Completey forgot I smashed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast