TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Gerrard's Temple (Oct. 30, 2003)

T2 FM: Gerrard's Temple (Oct. 30, 2003)

After one month of dedicated Dromed work, Iím very happy to release my first FM, called: Gerrardís Temple. Itís for Thief: The Metal Age. I have just uploaded a Darkloader ready zip file to thiefmissions.com , so I hope Jason will soon release it to the public.

http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=GerrardsTemple_m
    Additional links:
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://darklurker.org/T2_DarkOrg.html

This is a temple/manor type of mission with some additions. It was supposed to be a relatively small FM, but I expanded it, so itís eventually not that small.

I would like to thank my great beta-testers, who did a great job with finding all the bugs:
    Peter Smith
    Azrarhn
    Preno
    Marcus Andersson

Special thanks to Peter Smith and Marcus Andersson for help on improving the storyline.

Also, I wish to thank Jason for hosting my mission on his server.

If anyone wishes to talk to me about this FM or share his/her impressions, please feel free to email me. I welcome all kind of feedback and/or criticism.

I hope everyone will have fun cracking the secrets of Gerrardís Temple.
    Last edited by nickie; 21st Jun 2012 at 13:34.

Is it an undead mission?

Yeeehaw! A new FM is coming! Still not up on cheapthiefmissions but soon it will be? Yes? Please? I can wait. *face twitches* Yes sir, I can wait. *starts trembling* I can't wait!!! Need new FM! Need new FM!

Thiefmissions.com

The mission files have just finished uploading. There are two versions:

With briefing
    Without briefing

Yes!!!! Wow the briefing is big! Anyway i look forward to playing your mission.

Sarik
    Finished it. One of the best I've played, despite its simplicity

Great FM so far! Unfortunately I'm stuck.
    spoiler:
    I haven't found a way in to Gerrard's room, the Tower, or the 'No Entry" room.

I can't find a way into those either, Oneiroscope!

Has anyone found
    spoiler:
    Willy the FrogBeast
    yet?

What's with my Fire arrows? They don't work, they just stick into everything and don't go BOOM! (Attack of the DeathStage 12's?)
    Last edited by sluggs; 31st Oct 2003 at 00:41.

Sarik
    Gerrards Room:
    spoiler:
    There should be a hidden lever in his office that opens a painting. You have to go into that room to get to the tower key

Way to go jericho!

Thanks for bringing more taffing FUN!

Hows the Hammerite E(I)mporium coming along?

Dealasteal

tehehehe. Yay for this. Darkloader activation sequence engaged.
    Hah, the name Gerrard sounds like our first idea for the main character's name for the Imperium.
    E(I)mporium? Hahahaha. Funny mispronunciation.
    Tiz doing well and will probably do even better when Jericho starts giving me some more info on the mission he's working on, if he is working on it.
    Great work Jericho! Nice jolly mission.

-Alexius-
    -Writers! Post thy divine ideas on the Hammerite Lore!
    Last edited by Alexius; 30th Oct 2003 at 23:47.

This is quite a nice little FM, jericho. The outside area is my favourite. Ooh, and you're as sly as Christine with her little hidden levers! (The Night Falcon?)

I haven't finished this yes, i just wanted to comment on the mission. I got up to
    spoiler:
    the new door at the end of the tunnel and found out that i hadn't got the key for it! I bet i'll find it inside that Safe in the Office up top - When i can find the key to it that is!

BTW, I killed Willy!
    Last edited by sluggs; 30th Oct 2003 at 23:40.

Down Loading as we speak.
    The King of Scrapped and Forgotten Projects.

"IN THE FACE!!"

Originally posted by sluggs
    I can't find a way into those either, Oneiroscope!

Has anyone found
    spoiler:
    Willy the FrogBeast
    yet?

What's with my Fire arrows? They don't work, they just stick into everything and don't go BOOM! (Attack of the DeathStage 12's?)
    spoiler:
    yes i kill him the litle one frog hahha the key is at kitchen on firepace

Can someone please tell me how to
    spoiler:
    open the secret passge at the end of the 1st basement level? It's the one with the spier and rats on the other side.

Sarik
    Spyrano:

spoiler:
    I hope we're thinking of the same thing...There are two very slow-opening doors in the zombie hall. One of them leads to a caved in hallway . . . Look to your left and down, and you should spot a lever

Downloading now
    I'm on a pay per min dialup for the moment, anybody care to convert that movie to Windows Media Player for less painful downloading? The size difference has me interested
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Arrgh!
    spoiler:
    Thanks to Sarik's tip I got through the secret door in the basement. But how do you get throught the next door? I can hear what sounds like a Haunt on the other side.
    Last edited by Oneiroscope; 31st Oct 2003 at 01:22.

Yes, Sarik's tip helped me as well, however I am now stuck at the same sopt as Opeiroscope. A little help would be appreciated.

Ahhh... Finally passed zis mission on expert. Well done Jericho, serious atmosphere conveyed on how on the outside look (in books open to public) the church looked all nice and pleasant and failed slowly on the inside. hehe. Jolly good atmosphere evoked.

Did you have to hide the switches so well without giving us any clues eh?

I've bashed my head on keyboard about 20 times before I found all the switches and all the loot.
    One inconsistency- The priests and stain glass were mechanist, but the temple was hammerite. hehehe.

Keep up ze good work sire!

Alexius signing off....

Hey, hey, everyone! I'm glad you enjoy this FM and glad that Thief community has another FM to play around with. I took a look at Jason's site. I'm surprised to see 103 downloads in the first 10 or 12 hours!...

I didn't want it to be too easy, so some of the switches might be a challenge. (in a way it compensates for sort of easy AIs) Also has anyone tried to ghost it? My beta-testers had a hard time with ghosting this mission in a couple of places, but I believe full ghosting should be possible.

Anyway, have fun with with Gerrard's Temple and I will be around in case you have any questions.

Alexius, I'm with you, man! I had to release an FM, though, because I play Thief since 1999 and so far this is my first FM ever released. Lazy bones, I know... Hm, is Gerrard the first character idea in Hammer Imperium?? If so, this wasn't intentional. Gerrard is a main character in one of my favourite books, so that's why I picked this name.

Also, my beta-testers came up with a loot list for this FM. I will send it to Jason in HTML format, shortly.

Another thing is that I got an email from Lady Jo, who informed me that "Gerrard's Temple" was announced at the French forum here , together with the screenshots. I'm glad this happened and I wish to thank Lady Jo.
    Last edited by jericho; 31st Oct 2003 at 04:25.

Oneiroscope:

spoiler:
    Which door you refer to? You mean the door to the crypt? You need to find a key to unlock it. Look carefully, Gerrard mentions this key in a crumped note, he has in his hiding place in his bedroom. In case you really can't find it, please post and I will tell you where it is.

Well I'm afraid I'm stumped.
    spoiler:
    I've found everything except the crypt key.
    A clue, just a general one that will help me narrow things down a little, would be really appreciated.

Of course

spoiler:
    On the first floor, the first room on the right. Look for a switch.

where is the crypt key?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast