TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Mixed Messages (Nov.1/2003)

T2 FM: Mixed Messages (Nov.1/2003)

Yes, it's finally out.

Download links:
    http://thiefmissions.com/m/MixedMessages
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...M-Download.xml

Now could someone give me a little pointer on how to:
    spoiler:
    Get into the room I assume is under the armory. (The NEWS room) I assume it has something to do with the four buttons and the directions on the painting, but it won't do anything. Hint please. (playing on hard)
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 30th Sep 2012 at 17:54. Reason: added download links

The readables in this mission are very important. Pay close attention to the books and scrolls you find but remember that the the name of this mission is Mixed Messages. With that said, there are 2 more readables that will tell you exactly how to get into that room.

I've been all over but can't find them. Could you gave a hint as to where?

Jocke -
    spoiler:
    Search the buildings in the yard outside Truart's mansion (the big white building) VERY carefully. The best clue for what you're missing is in an office out there.

I've only found two readables in those buildings.
    spoiler:
    Does the timer have anything to do with it? The other scroll just gave a clue to the secret passageways in the mansion, right?

Man, this is HARD!

Jocke

That readable is definitely a clue, and the one between the bed and the wall of the sleeping No KO guard upstairs at the armoury as well. You are definitely on the right track.

I'm still playing the mission, nice one! I have same problem as Jocke, I found the readable near the no KO guard and got down to the "news room" with four, strange looking buttons.

By the way, apart from
    spoiler:
    the East and West Gem problem, I reported in the long thread, there also seem to be a duplicated scroll in the kitchen of the white building (the readable about Google)

I enjoy playing this mission so far.

ahem.....uhhh...

......well....

ANNOUNCING THE RELEASE OF MIXED MESSAGES!!!

....a little later than everyone else.

YES! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! AVAILABLE NOW AT CHEAPTHIEFMISSIONS!

...sort of anti-climatic....

with the movie 39.3Mb

without the movie 14.1Mb

I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT

First of all a brilliant FM, almost like a city mission.

Question to the authors, i am playing on expert, is this difficulty very difficult? have i bit off more then i can chew?

I don't know....I can't see your chompers through my monitor.....but we'll help you whenever you need it.

Ups, so many people posted at the same time. Uncadonego, did you notice my post about
    spoiler:
    a scroll in the kitchen?

Re: Jocke

Originally posted by uncadonego
    the one between the bed and the wall of the sleeping No KO guard
    Ah ha! Hadn't found that one. So, found her and finished and such, etc...
    But hey! What about the teleport, woodsie and ruby mumbo-jumbo? Where's that?

Jocke - where? what? I found the note and I also found
    spoiler:
    Truart's note in the secret area, where he mentions to puss the button and reach the basement place in 3 minutes. He also says the key to pushing the buttons is on the victrola, which Karras gave Truart. What victrola? Where is it?

Also, same as Jocke
    spoiler:
    I have no clue what's up with the gem mambo-jumbo hehe

EDIT: Alright, alright... I found it. Now I'm where Jocke is.
    Last edited by jericho; 1st Nov 2003 at 13:59.

jericho:
    spoiler:
    The victrola, you are looking for is in a secret underground area, which has hidden entrances from truart´s house (main hall) and mosley´s quarters. ( not sure though, ´cause i cut that banner down, hehe )

this really is a great fm, thanks.
    Last edited by UliB; 1st Nov 2003 at 14:13.

EDIT: thanks for the help uncadonego, Jericho and Ulib, but i just managed to work it out.

Wow, this is a difficult mission indeed.

Also is the Church at the start accessible?

spoiler:
    So far i've found several notes, one eastruby and the NEWS room. i suspect i've pressed the 4 buttons in the right order but i need to activate the 3 min switch that people keep talking about for it to work.
    Last edited by shadows; 1st Nov 2003 at 14:27.

Shadows

The plant life textures will not accept rope arrows in this game. It is so no one can arrow up to the top of the hedges and other things, and make the game crash. Bark and wood textures all accept rope arrow though
    You must use a moss arrow on both catwalks of the warehouse if you want to be stealthy. Do a running jump from the pump house roof next door to the catwalk and pick the lock. Once inside you'll see what to do. On the other side stand near the front of the building parallel to it and put a rope arrow in the wooden underbelly of the overhang. Climb and jump over the railing.
    You can't get into that church, but you can view it from the outside and the inside later (you'll see when you get there)

BIG SUGGESTION for everyone. Make sure you state what difficulty level you are playing.
    Some of you are telling people that something is there when it's not really there on their difficulty level.

Shadows, if you've found one Ruby you've found them both, you just missed one. Go back and look where you found the first.

Thanks, shadows.

I'm now
    spoiler:
    in the prison area. I have the door with a secret code in front of me and it seems to be secret door on the other side. I can't open the door, don't know the code. The poem is a clue, obviously, I don't know what this clue is.

By the way, the poem sounds like it's from
    spoiler:
    'Flowers for Algernon' book by Daniel Keyes.

shadows:

spoiler:
    iirc, to enter the warehouse, you have to jump on the walkway from the roof of the neighbour-house. Inside, you will find a switch, which opens the door on the opposite side of the house. To enter this one, you need a rope-arrow.
    PS: To get on the roof of that neighbour-house you need to enter the house with the red door. (with the guy sitting in front of it)

There are many other clues around the game world that all tell you that combi. You only have to figure out one of them to get it.

I never hear about beta tests,

Cheapasses.

Ok, I feel dumb about this, but could someone give me clue as to how to get into the 2nd door of the 1st building. I flipped the switch in the room with the archer, but can't figure out how to get into the other door from there.

Please help.

spoiler:
    I thought that the paintings with fingers in Truart's manor are the code, but it's not the case... I keep looking for the code, is someone has figured it out, perhaps you can post a tip.

A Drgnz Tear

spoiler:
    Go out and enter the building from the other side

Originally posted by jericho
    spoiler:
    I thought that the paintings with fingers in Truart's manor are the code, but it's not the case... I keep looking for the code, is someone has figured it out, perhaps you can post a tip.
    spoiler:
    It looks to me it must be some kind of code for something, maybe it's sign language?

shadows

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast