TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deus Ex 3 in the Works!!

Deus Ex 3 in the Works!!

Computer and Video Games is reporting that Ion Storm director Warren Spector has confirmed that the second sequel to Deus Ex is in the preliminary stages!
    Earlier today, during a discussion about Deus Ex: Invisible War and the future of the Deus Ex universe at a press event in south London, Ion Storm chief Warren Spector confirmed with us that preliminary work on Deus Ex 3 has already begun
    Wow, that's pretty amazing, they must be expecting Invisble War to shift in serious numbers, which I'm sure it will!

That's... friggin' amazing. Perhaps they're confident DX2 would sweep the world...

I wonder if Thief would get the same treatment?

After playing the first a bit, all the Deus Ex we can get is good.

Splendid. I'll have something to play in 2006.

Good news. I suppose we'll have to wait until after Invisible War to speculate as to what it's about.

Z

OMG! The thought itself had never even occured to me, that they would make a third one, too. Feeling like a kid in Xmas.

I would have waited until after Christmas before announcing anything. That way, they could be sure it's going to sell well... I think it will, but, it never hurts to be cautious...of course, announcing it earlier means that some people might buy it as an investment into the third...

Oh, I don't know what I'm talking about. - Go Warren! Make the best Deus Ex possible!

==Navyhacker006
    Sure, why not...

Originally posted by Z
    Splendid. I'll have something to play in 2006.
    You already have something to play in 2006, the first one. Don't expect it to simply go away, people still play Dark Forces (myself included) Deus Ex shouldn't last and shorter. I'll probably play them all in a row.

Funny how the rules of sequels don't apply when it's something we really like, eh?

(wooowooo! DX3! )

I'm a little disappointed at the same time though. Make something new!

Couldn't agree more really. I wouldn't be suprised if some of that pressure is coming from Eidos directly.

Originally posted by Abysmal
    I'm a little disappointed at the same time though. Make something new!
    I agree!
    the makers of DX have shown that they are creative, let them do something new!!

Warren made it clear that he isn't going to get himself stuck doing the same thing over and over. I think that we can count on him to stop it as soon as they can't make it new and original anymore. On the other hand they could probably keep on turning out Deus Ex games for decades and not have one be lacking in originality.

But it won’t happen, they want to do new things, and they will.

I have been hoping, no, fantasizing, for a long time that they would try making an action + rpg rather like Deus Ex, but set in a tradtional fantasy setting evocative of Daggerfall or the Forgotten Realms. Futuristic cyber-stuff is cool, but I desperately want to play a fantasy rpg with that kind of gameplay philosophy. I hope they make a ton of cash and can afford to try out all their new ideas!

BANNED

sigh...oh well...

I'd like a resident evil style game with the depth of Deus Ex. I would love to see a game with the classic b-movie style that maintained depth and (hard as it may be to comprehend) realism.

Originally posted by chris the cynic
    I'd like a resident evil style game with the depth of Deus Ex. I would love to see a game with the classic b-movie style that maintained depth and (hard as it may be to comprehend) realism.
    Erm... isn't that just system shock?

Originally posted by trevor the sheep
    Unfortunately I have not played that. Anyway there is always room for more.

No, system shock had the depth (in terms of story) of a Dawson's Creek Episode. Did ANYONE doubt that the AI was going to turn against you? Certainly at no point did you find yourself questioning your beleif systems like in Deus Ex (is more technology always a good thing...?)

And if evil be the fruit of genius, there aren't many demons around.

As I said in another thread, DX is far away from beying "done" by the developers... The formulae is still getting balanced and tweaked, unlike a "reagular" shooter.

I think they can make a couple more DX's and still refine it beyond wht it is today.

BruthaDenton

Re: Erm... isn't that just system shock?

Originally posted by Javert4186
    No, system shock had the depth (in terms of story) of a Dawson's Creek Episode.
    Uh, you're kidding, right?

He obviously just meant system shock 2. And even then he is still wrong.

Originally posted by trevor the sheep
    He obviously just meant system shock 2.
    That makes me curious, did the system shockers () complain about that one as well?

Goggleboy
    Hmm, how did I miss that one?

If he thinks the whole story revolved around SHODAN turning on you, then he surely missed the point. The fact that SHODAN was the villain and that you'd eventually butt heads with her was meant to be blatantly obvious, well at least to us. The brilliant part of the plot was how you were forced to work for someone you knew was evil because you really had no choice. SHODAN's slide show speech was IMO all about her trying to scare you into submission, and make you come to the realization that it's in your best interests to serve her.

To draw a parallel to DX, ask yourself, if there was going to be some kind of plot twist involving your character's affiliation, what would it be? Of course you end up turning on your former employers and working for the resistance! Very Crusader-esque.

I'd love to see a game which was like a cross-breed between Deus Ex 1/2 and No One Lives Forever, ie. with "real world" settings, and cool spy gadgets like the camera blocker (as well as the general purpose Dx multi-tools).

I've never even played DX 1. At the moment, the demo for DX 1 is slowing downloading.

1/235364575645%
    1/235364575644%

*Sigh*