TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Hla Oad

Hla Oad

Where the ---- is it? I agreed to find the guy who owes a debt but is he in Vivec somewhere? Help! I've looked all over!

BANNED
    Follow the river southwest out of Balmora until you get to a swampy area then head pretty much straight west. It's also on the paper map that came with the game... but I'm assuming you lost that right?

Lost it? Nope, I have it - this is how dumb I am. I didn't even THINK to look at it. Thank you so much!!! On my way to Hla Oad.

Alternately, take a boat there. You can "fast travel" (silt striders, boats, Mages Guild guild guides) to all but a few towns in Morrowind. From Balmora (I assume you can find Balmora, yeah?), take the Silt Strider to Vivec, then go to the big boat to the immediate left of the Silt Strider. Take the boat to Hla Old.

Town wise (i.e. not counting the camps), there is only Ald Velothi you can't fast travel too. Which does seem a little odd as it has its own docks, and lies by the Gnaar Mok to Khuul route. It isn't as if the maximum four destinations comes into play.

Additionally, you can Propylon to any fortress and Divine Intervention to any Imperial Legion fort (fast travel to the closest city, then use Divine Intervention to get to the fort).

In fact, I would count the following as the only key places that can't be fast-travelled:
    Ald Velothi, Tel Fyr, the Ashlander camps, Ghostgate, and... that's it, I guess.

This is especially good if you hate being out in the countryside, as I do.

hehe, yep I can find Balmora. But being the newbie that I am, the biggest trouble I find I'm having in the game is finding my way around. Most of the roads outside of the towns are clearly marked and until I made my way to Vivec, I had no trouble at all. But Vivec! Well, I'm having some difficulties there. For example, everyone keeps telling me that the Mages Guild is in the Foreign Quarter (in the canalworks?). Can't find it! What am I doing wrong?

BANNED
    Haha those Vivec cantons are a pain. You know how there is a door on the outside in an archway on opposite sides of the cantons? Well, to both sides of the door, there are ramps going up. It's really easy to miss, gave me a few problems at first too, even after I knew the ramps were there. The foreign quarter canton is bigger than the others also, I think you have to go up 2 ramps.

Hmmm, okay I'll look for those ramps. Are we talking like when we're inside the building in Canalworks?

Thanks for the help!

BANNED
    Outside the building to the sides of the door.

Originally posted by Christi19
    For example, everyone keeps telling me that the Mages Guild is in the Foreign Quarter (in the canalworks?). Can't find it! What am I doing wrong?
    You're doing fine; everyone else doesn't know what they are talking about. The Mages Guild (and the Fighters Guild, for that matter) are on the plaza (top) level of the Foreign Quarter.

BANNED
    Originally posted by cyrano ...everyone else doesn't know what they are talking about...
    If you are talking about the help in this thread, you may want to read it again. Up two ramps, I said. If not, then nevermind.

OR, you could go to a mage's guild and teleport there...rather direct, No?

Originally posted by Skronk
    If you are talking about the help in this thread, you may want to read it again. Up two ramps, I said. If not, then nevermind.
    I meant no disrespect to anyone in this forum. The 'everyone' I was smacking are the same that I suppose Christi aluded: the poorly informed denizens of Vivec.

BANNED
    Fair enough. The NPCs in Morrowind usually don't know which way is up.

Good grief, they really don't, do they? (the NPCs) I finally found it! But I forgot that I'd sold the book the guard gave me to give to the mage because I became so hopelessly lost. hehehe Guess I'll have to try that task with a different character at some point.

Okay, I have a new question - I can't find Vas. Supposed to go there and clear up some necromancers.

ALSO, how do you find out what all of the scrolls do? I've accumulated quite a few but am sort of afraid to use them. (grin)

Thanks again - you guys are GREAT!

Originally posted by Christi19

Okay, I have a new question - I can't find Vas. Supposed to go there and clear up some necromancers.
    spoiler:
    It is just to the west of the easternmost point of the island Dagon Fel is on, and then a little north. Close to the Sanctus shrine.

ALSO, how do you find out what all of the scrolls do? I've accumulated quite a few but am sort of afraid to use them. (grin)

Thanks again - you guys are GREAT!
    Hover your cursor over the scrolls in your inventory. Effects are as in the manual.