TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fm-Deep Trouble

Taking a break

New Fm-Deep Trouble

Looks like Garrett's gotten himself into trouble again! http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=DeepT

Thanx for info - downloading ze mission. They seem to be coming out of the walls right now! YAY!

Gone, but never forgotten
    Downloading now

very fun mission to play... well done!!

Cool! Looking forward to playing it when I get home!

Downloading...

So tell me, how many zombies are in this one? 40? 50?

Taking a break
    So tell me, how many zombies are in this one? 40? 50?
    No zombies, monsters or any other distractions to keep the Mechs from hunting you if you get seen!

Cool looking ship and I liked the use of old Star Trek sound effects. I miss the fun of starting third party fights that your earlier missions had. Except for the bridge, it seemed rather sparsely populated for a submarine although a realistic crew density would make sneaking impossible.

Just downloaded it. This place is turning into Astroworld.

John

Very nice! I like the custom stuff......and the sneaky design (and those damn metal doorsteps!. )

I've finished with exactly 1000 loot, so where's the missing 200? Any hints?

Taking a break
    Try checking
    spoiler:
    the shower drains on the Swordfish, or the storage areas in the upper level of the Cetus Amicus, also a couple of the Mechs are carrying purses.

Not bad, a very futuristic feel to this FM i must admit. I would love to know how the mechanists acuired a warp core for their power plant?

Taking a break
    It's not a warp core, (although Star Trek was a minor influence. )
    spoiler:
    The Mechanists have found a way to synthetically produce fire crystals (like the ones you find in fire arrows) By compressing them and injecting them into a core of power crystals (researched by Cavador as mentioned in some of my previous FM's) They are detonated in an endless series of controlled explosions within the heart of the crystalline matrix which converts the energy directly into electrical power for the sub. However a small fraction of the energy is not absorbed and ends up being released into the core chamber and that's what's making the Mech engineers sick.
    Kinda complicated, but I think an explanation which fits the Thief universe.

woohoo! a new mission by john D, cant wake to get up and play this (damn having to sleep!)

Well I finished it in about an hour. It was an excellent mission, and I loved the star trek stuff, but I have one question. When I found the captains quarters and the journal, the find out why your here objective ticked off, then disappeared. When I finished the mission it showed the objective again, but not ticked off. Why is that happening? Is it a bug?

Thanks for a great mission!

Sting

Taking a break
    Well I finished it in about an hour. It was an excellent mission, and I loved the star trek stuff, but I have one question. When I found the captains quarters and the journal, the find out why your here objective ticked off, then disappeared. When I finished the mission it showed the objective again, but not ticked off. Why is that happening? Is it a bug?
    Hmm, that's strange I never noticed it myself nor my testers. I had trouble making that one work early on, but I fixed it with a Qvar trap.
    Perhaps something acted up with that? Has anyone else had this problem? As long as the mission will finish properly when you reach
    spoiler:
    your old hiding spot in the Cetus Amicus.
    I'm not going to worry about it. However if the mission is failing to end, please let me know so I can fix it.

very cool

Now this is something that shows how complicated someone can really be!
    I mean my god that has to be the most complicated FM i ever seen in terms of creativity
    top notch stuff man, way out there, and the all the sounds effects with scrolling code.
    very imaginitive and amazing.
    Congrats and thanks for this one, it is a brain twister to see
    I was thrown back by all the technology in this one.

dealasteal

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Originally posted by John D.
    Hmm, that's strange I never noticed it myself nor my testers. I had trouble making that one work early on, but I fixed it with a Qvar trap.
    Perhaps something acted up with that? Has anyone else had this problem? As long as the mission will finish properly when you reach
    spoiler:
    your old hiding spot in the Cetus Amicus.
    I'm not going to worry about it. However if the mission is failing to end, please let me know so I can fix it.
    I had a similar problem, John - that objective went to Inactive (red circle with line through it) at some point after I visited the Captain's quarters (but not right after reading the book). I don't remember when, though, sorry... but since it was Inactive and not Failed, it didn't keep me from finishing the mission. Great mission otherwise, I love all the technology!

Yeah what yandros said is what happened to me. Although after reading the book it did disappear for a bit, until the red circle with slash at the end when I finished in the spot you mentioned earlier. Great mission though, cant wait for the next level.

Sting

P.S By disappear I mean only the first and last objectives were present on the objective screen after reading the book until the end, then it showed up like yandros said. I didnt check objectives except right after reading the book, so it could have changed back before the end, but Im not sure. The mission ended properly so I wont worry about it either. So hurry up with the next level already! )

Taking a break
    Ok as long as the level is still completable I'll consider it to be a glitch instead of a bug. If you read the diary, consider that objective fufilled whatever the goals screen tells you. I'm glad everyone likes the high tech stuff, I stole a lot from System Shock 2, but I tried to be sensible and blend it with the regular Mechansit stuff so it wouldnt look out of place. I'm already working on a sequel, which I think will be my last Mech mission (set in a unique location).

I am playing on Normal and I have already reached the the first objective of finding out how I got here. How do I "get out alive"? I found a room with a 4 digit code that I must enter to exit a door. Is this how I leave? If so, where do I find that 4 digit code?

Ghost

Me too

[John D.]

For me, it properly checked off when I read the diary. Then, when I teleported to the other ship, it was still there and still checked off. But as soon as I left that room, it turned into the international "no no" sign, the circle with a slash.

Nevertheless, I did manage to finish. In fact, I did Perfect Thief:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...928#post322928

Nothing particularly interesting in the ghost report; I mostly talked about hidden loot, the finding of which was the hardest part for me.

Dafydd

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Originally posted by cavador_8
    If so, where do I find that 4 digit code?
    You need to
    spoiler:
    read the diary in teh captain's quarters.
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

Thanks. I finished the mission! Great mission. Can't wait for the sequal!