TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Rebirth Rumbler-- unleashed

ZylonBane

Rebirth Rumbler-- unleashed

In light of the inexplicably thunderous silence regarding the unofficial release of the Rebirth Rumbler (via Frobbers's Thief FM "Oracle of the Prophets"), I figured I'd start this thread. Maybe most people didn't stick around in this thread long enough. Anyway--

Here it is, the Rebirth Rumbler!
    link dead

Just unZIP to your SS2 install directory with Use Folder Names checked. Mod-readiness assumed.
    Last edited by ZylonBane; 22nd Mar 2010 at 13:18.
    "Look at you, hacker, a pathetic creature who smells of elderberries. Now leave, insect, or I shall taunt you a second time."

Goggleboy
    Damn. I never would have found the link in that last topic were it not for this one. Of course in a way it does deserve it's own topic. Personally I like the new model, even though it's unfinished. The claws ought to be shorter and denser, like chisels or railspikes, not long and spindly like tentacles. The only other complaint (which isn't really a complaint considering that the new model matches the original concept art more closely) is that the dense organ in the rumbler's 'chest' no longer matches the organ that you extract and research. However it probably doesn't matter that much since it's not like the hybrid organ looks like any part of a hybrid's external body.

BTW what's the news on the monkeys, or the SHODAN model? The latter was supposed to be really freakish and scary from what I understand.

Nice. I've been looking forward to this. Cheers for the heads up ZB.

Excellent, keep em comin. I love all these updates for SS2. I haven't had a chance to see this rumbler in-game yet, can someone post a screenie?

I already wondered when it would show up here!

Thanks-a-lot!

ZylonBane
    Originally posted by deckard
    Excellent, keep em comin. I love all these updates for SS2. I haven't had a chance to see this rumbler in-game yet, can someone post a screenie?
    Look on the Rebirth site.

So now we got the rerelease of an officially unreleased ss2-model. Still it was done by Cyberblutch and thanks should go to him imho either via his website or the official Rebirth-forum.

Don't get me wrong ZB. I'm sure you didn't intent it to be like that. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that some people here are under the wrong impression you are the rebirth-creator.
    Still I'm (literally) the first one to thank you for renaming'n'hosting these files and for your great work on shtup.
    Maybe this post of mine was superflous but I'm sure Cyberblutch would rather like superflous credits to none.

Kolya

btw: I sent you a PM. Did you get it?
    Last edited by Kolya; 14th Jan 2004 at 16:28.

ZylonBane
    Originally posted by Kolya
    Don't get me wrong ZB. I'm sure you didn't intent it to be like that. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that some people here are under the wrong impression you are the rebirth-creator.
    Oh for heaven's sake. I dare you to find a single person who believes that.

I repeat: I don't blame you. But we got new members (and lurkers) here who may or may not know.... And since Cyberblutch isn't here to say anything about the mod he made but didn't decide to release himself I think giving credits was due.

Kolya

Originally posted by ZylonBane
    omg yuor mod rocks!!!11`

I'm sorr---No, wait. No I'm not.

Originally posted by JediKorenchkin
    omg yuor mod rocks!!!11`

I'm sorr---No, wait. No I'm not.
    Do you really think, there are idiots like this arround here...?

If yes....

I'm scared......

As for the nice Rumbler.....Thanks for that! Good to see some "new" stuff....
    Punch me and kick me and run away
    You know who you are so,
    Now look at me what do you have to say?
    Go then! Whatever's wrong with your head.
    Korn - Souvenir

Originally posted by SweetVampire
    Do you really think, there are idiots like this arround here...?
    What a silly question. There are idiots everywhere, here far from excluded.

Any Lurkers out there?

Helloooo...
    Doom is inniniment

Goggleboy
    omg yuor mod rocks!!!11`

And so does CyberBlutch's Rebirth Mod.

Originally posted by JediKorenchkin
    What a silly question. There are idiots everywhere, here far from excluded.
    Hmm...maybe I'm one of them..? I've rarely seen any "n00bs"arround here for quite a while...counts just for the SS-Forums though.

Anyway....I've been lurking on TTLG for arround 1 1/2 years before I registered...and I was ALWAYS up to date....

I'm cool ain't I?
    Punch me and kick me and run away
    You know who you are so,
    Now look at me what do you have to say?
    Go then! Whatever's wrong with your head.
    Korn - Souvenir

ZylonBane
    There was also an updated Psi Reaver model in Frobber's mission, but I didn't include it because it's clearly a VERY work-in-progress model. It appears to have a laser cannon stuck to it, and the dangling tentacles now look like those claws that you try to pick up little stuffed animals with.

Can't wait to see what he does with the Arachnids, if anything.

In an "omg, I'm never going to be able to play" way

There was also an updated Psi Reaver model in Frobber's mission, but I didn't include it because it's clearly a VERY work-in-progress model. It appears to have a laser cannon stuck to it, and the dangling tentacles now look like those claws that you try to pick up little stuffed animals with.
    The Reavers were too hard to port over to Thief -- very strange motions. It could have been done eventually, but I didn't want to make full-blown project out of it. Shadowspawn made a series of posed object models and I do a tweq animation to make the legs move. So these can't be dropped into SS2, unless you don't mind that it doesn't have any motions. As for screen shots of the new rumbler try this.

ZylonBane
    Are the Reaver models Cyberblutch's, or just the default SS2 ones?

I'm thinking you should know Mr.Moderator at Rebirth forumses...

Anyway... I think they are new models... but I can't really tell..

New Psi-Reaver Skins

Are the Reaver models Cyberblutch's, or just the default SS2 ones?
    Neither. They were re-made as object models from the SS2 AI models by Shadowspawn. I turned them into object animations and re-skinned those. The skins are perfectly usable for the SS2 psi-reavers -- so I'm happy to release these new custom skins as a small download (rather than expecting you to extract them from my Thief mission)...

Download Here.

This includes detailed instructions (it's not very complicated at all).