TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Help!!!--DONE!!

Help!!!--DONE!!

ok... here's the situa----

I CANT figure out dialogue!

1. select dialogue.
    2. right-click in the topic box and select, New.
    3. type "Stuff". and under "Function/Variable" for this I'll select (in this order), "Not local, noLore, =, 0
    4.at this point, i'll press enter which sets whatever i typed in alphabetical order, so I find it.
    5. Triple-click in the INFO/RESPONSE box and type, "Do you want to take me somewhere?"
    6.in the result box, i'll type.."Choice."Yes" 1 "No." 2"
    7. then i Triple-click in the INFO/RESPONSE box again and type, "thanks" for a new response.
    8. under "Function/Variable" for this I'll select (in this order), "Function, Choice, =, 1
    9. then i Triple-click in the INFO/RESPONSE box again and type, "ok" for a new response.
    10. under "Function/Variable" for this I'll select (in this order), "Function, Choice, =, 2
    and in the Result box i'll type, "Goodbye"
    11. when i test this in the game, NPC's don't say topic "Stuff". when i do "Addtopic" then select Yes after they ask me to take them somewhere, they just ask me again!

I'm going CRAZY! any help?...
    Last edited by 37637598; 11th Feb 2004 at 23:40.
    If I had a dollar for every dollar I didn't have, I'd have all of your money.

Talk at your mouse, ala star trek.

'Computer? ... Computer?!' (In Russian accent)

You must have put the question at the top. You see when you select a topic it will check the variables for the first responce on the list, if the variables fit then it chooses it and ignores everything further down. So if the question is below the choices then it will go through each choice, checking if it matches the variables and if the choice doesn't equal anything above it, it will go to the question(if you haven't responded yet).

Sense make that? If not then just look at other orginal topics.

I was actually having a similar problem. I tried to make a "Travel Together" dialogue with an NPC, but it kept looping...

YES, A TON OF SENSE!!!

Thank You!

1 more...Question.\
    how do you suppose i move the question to the bottom without deleating it and makeing it all over again?(not that it'd be hard)?

Now that I'm actually paying attention... It makes sense to me too! Thanks too, you've helped me out a ton. And look, I didn't even have to ask

You can't move dialog entries - you have to remove them and re-add them.

And the order is the same for all dialog - the entries are put in bottom up order. This applies to normal conversations as well as responses to questions.

-Striker
    The views expressed in my post are not necessarily mine.

I think this is the last Q., so where would i uhhh...NO wait!
    how do I make the topic come up when i talk to someone? addtopic "dvoe"?
    if so, where do i type that?

HEY, I got my pic to work! take a few 2 load
    Last edited by 37637598; 11th Feb 2004 at 21:08.

You can use AddTopic, or you can set values in the "speaker conditions" field (i.e. Use their ID).

-Striker
    The views expressed in my post are not necessarily mine.

wow, THIS IS great! YOU'RE ALL VERY HELPFULl! IT'S WORKS'S PREFIKT!
    lol thanks 4 the help!

IT'S DONE...i think.
    With the help of TTLG, my plug-in is finished! I just need to test it one last time...

http://www.freewebs.com/zich/zich.esp

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably a ton of glitches but oh well, it's morrowind!!!

download it, talk to a common person (such as fargoth or something) and ask about, "little chat" ! kinda cool! Anyway, you people helped me make this!

And HEY!, people will say different things depending on the weather, your sex, their sex, if they are cuarious currio or whatever his name is and other stuff!

Tell me what you think of it!

aah! anyone who has downloaded it in the last hour? well, i fixed a "weather" glitch! so, now try it.
    Last edited by 37637598; 12th Feb 2004 at 00:22.

YOU'RE ALL VERY HELPFULl
    Especially me, you're welcome. I'm glad when I can get some sense through Ryushi and Striker's nonsense.

Downloaded, I will test it as soon as I get around to playing MW.

But you did a similar idea to which I was going to do but never got around to it.

But if you are really bored then you can go into the voice conversations and increase the chance of them saying the things that you never hear(comments of weather etc)

Ok, tested. There is alot of errors. To begin from the top, personal question if you have high enough disposition then when you ask them their name or class then the responce is switched, then the rest is ok up to weather, which when you ask them that when indoors the question repeats; to fix this just make a responce along the lines "How am I supposed to know? I am indoors." with the only variable as the choice, put it below the other weather responces but above the question.

Also the hyperlink to "you" is annoying, do you really need it?

Apart from that the rest is ok. Except if I forgot anything.

Yeah, I already deleated that plug-in. That was just a test so I can get this one done!
    http://www.freewebs.com/zich/ScreenShot%200-edit01.bmp
    http://www.freewebs.com/zich/games.htm
    Last edited by Striker; 18th Feb 2004 at 01:08.

http://www.freewebs.com/zich/New0001.esp That's the one i'm working on now. http://www.freewebs.com/zich/games.htm That's where you can learn how to get there. otherwise, south of Ebonheart!

so whats up wiht all the munbers in the username? just cuirious