TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Love Story T2 FM - 21st Feb 2004

A Love Story T2 FM - 21st Feb 2004

I was aggressively working on my next FM which is a castle from Wales. Well I decided to take a break for a while and came up with this new FM.

I don't have any screen shots yet, but hopefully soon they will be on my web site.

Anyway you can download "A Love Story" here .

I'm not big on story telling, and it isn't pages and pages of a romance novel, but hopefully it will get the point across.

Some of you may have seen something similar to this before so don't expect it to be the same.

John

edit: for those of you who can't figure out how to get out of the cell in the beginning... Read the following...

spoiler:
    Frob the bed roll to find a hole underneath.

A loot list/walk through has been added by LarryG. Thank you Larry. You can get it at Thief-TheCircle

Love Story I

French language texts has been added and translated by Apiai!!
    Last edited by john9818a; 14th Aug 2017 at 04:43. Reason: Updated download link and added French

Sounds great....

so my girl is in bed now at sleeping,
    and i can goin in love with garrett

fabolouse

spoiler:
    I cant knock out her! why? and everytime she would be killt by the bluerocks!

Thank you John9818a for the game. I haven't played your original so this will be a totally new game for me to play and at less than a 5mg dl...just right for my small HDD on this machine Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

flying_hope

I knew someone would try this, so I made her "no knockout"

The only way to keep the bluecoats from killing her is to find a way out of the cell.

The Fire Eater

I was really surprised when I zipped the file. I didn't think it would be so compact.

John

hm find a way out in 3 seconds?
    thats hard! gimme a tip!

I can't seem to find a working download link for this one . Does any one have a decent file sharing client up and running ?

Well besides the two apples there is only one other choice. The door is locked, so

spoiler:
    Try frobbing the bedroll on the floor.

Originally posted by bdkl
    I can't seem to find a working download link for this one . Does any one have a decent file sharing client up and running ?
    The link works, but I think Geocities has a small limit on how many people can d/l the file at once.

Hopefully epithumia will post it on thiefmissions.

John

Hey, i know this level!
    but this time there is more snow!
    is there more new or only the story, the snow and the beginning!?

here u can download it too!
    sorry for 3 parts but its better..
    this night u can load it, but its off after 12 MET

Sorry, i must off the links of my post upthere!
    there was over 5GB transfer this night... i need some of the transfer for my own!

http://www.zeitschleife.de/ALoveStory.part1.rar 2MB
    http://www.zeitschleife.de/ALoveStory.part2.rar 2MB
    http://www.zeitschleife.de/ALoveStory.part3.rar 700K

So have Fun!

PS: rename the extrected File ALoveStory.zipp to ALoveStory.zip thats all!

hope the server is fast enough to give much bandwitdh to all leecher!
    Last edited by flying_hope; 21st Feb 2004 at 10:37.

I have tons of missions shared on shareaza , help yourselves folks .
    Last edited by bdkl; 20th Feb 2004 at 23:34.

I put the file up, too.

Hey, it's a file sharing party

A Love Story

I can't wait to play it tomorrow \0/

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Originally posted by john9818a
    Hopefully epithumia will post it on thiefmissions.
    I'm sure he will, but he won't be back in town for about another week I think. And thanks for the mission! I can't wait to play it... but not until after I finish my C5 mission... must... keep... working...

P.S. Wow, Moghedian - got 400k/sec DL from your site!
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

john9818a....you have made my day

thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou,

on the way home today i was thinking...."i really need a new fm!!!" i have played through everything and then many over again and was starting to feel like i was in a closed feedback loop.

spoiler:
    by the way, did i say thankyou

I have uploaded the file as well.
    You can grab the file here

Sorry, i must off the links of my post upthere!
    there was over 5GB transfer this night... i need some of the transfer for my own!

on the way home today i was thinking...."i really need a new fm!!!" i have played through everything and then many over again and was starting to feel like i was in a closed feedback loop.

I have this feeling there's going to be alot released all at once since there's quite a few of us busy making them.

The C5 one's will show up first i presume.

Yes, it's great to have a new one to play. I better get downloading this one.

Hey john9818a,

This is pretty good stuff. The Architecture isn't fantastic but the City level design sure is. I see CL wannabe here! The best level design i've seen for a while.
    Last edited by sluggs; 21st Feb 2004 at 13:36.

Does anybody know.....

spoiler:
    what opens with the book in mosley's office? truart said she plays with her banner all of the time...and i have gone to where i think it is....in the room with long counter and the mech eye....cannot slash it, but there is nothing there....

thanks sluggs for the words of encouragement....i am totally thiefbound....every time i buy another game, i am sooooooo not into it and go right back to thief....my name is nil8hate...and i am a thiefaholic....(room claps as i admit my weakness).
    Last edited by nil8hate; 21st Feb 2004 at 14:01.

Thank you so much everyone for passing my FM around.

I basically took my old FM and changed the weather. There are some new parts added and some updated. The jail you start in is slightly changed, and now there is a small new house you can go into.

nil8hate

spoiler:
    Your in the right place but that book is a lever. You may have opened the banner and then closed it again.

By the way, Your Welcome.

sluggs

Yeah this is my first FM redone as a snowbound city so I didn't spend time redoing the architecture.

John

John9818a...I was really looking forward to this play but....

spoiler:
    Well I'm afraid I had to give it up I tried at least 5 times to grab BJ and key to open door before he struck her and killed. I also thought about rug on floor but didn't see it highlight to frob? I was only playing Normal and there just doesn't seem to be enough time to position myself fast enough to frob BJ and have to wait for him to come in to frob key so I can unlock door before he hits her twice and she dies? Just not enough time and I've ran over naturally, but then I have to crouch to lean through enough to get BJ (which mainly I can get done) but then waiting to get key and open door is where I keep failing as by then he's killed her. I would have thought that if I got BJ before he got in he would not have touched her and then would have the opportunity to then get his key to get out...and then you say no killing...how in the heck am I supposed to get out of the cell without his key and save her from being killed with my BJ when he comes in so quick and starts attacking her while I'm trying to get his key and open door and he's already hit her once while I'm getting key and by the second hit I don't even have door open yet? So I guess I feel that for Normal play this has been made a bit too difficult to get a start in IMHO

I did post a link to your game however over at Eidos last night so ppl over there could get it if they wished Thanks for the release however as I'm sure others will find it very entertaining Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

Fire Eater -

spoiler:
    Keep trying with the brown patch on the floor. There is no key that will open your door. Just grab the BJ, frob the dirt patch/bedroll, and drop down into the hole it reveals. It's pretty easy...once you get it right!

Of course, I was also one of those people who had to restart over...and over...and over...at first!

~Shaz

This is an excellent remake . I started thinking this would be a small drab little mission , but the gameplay kept on getting better and better . Given the size of the zip file , this mission was a pleasant surprise .

The Fire Eater

I'm sorry you had so much trouble. I didn't mean for it to be so hard.

spoiler:
    Just get the blackjack and then crouch near the bedroll and frob it to open it. Step into the hole and crouch, and then walk toward the light.

You will need the key later but for a different purpose.

John

bdkl

Thanks!!

I wanted to do more but I was near the max object limit. It's bascically my old mission except you traverse the city in the opposite direction. At least this way there is more than one way to get out of the police station, whereas before there was only one way to get in.

John

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast