TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Return to Bafford Manor Completed! 2/25/2004

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Return to Bafford Manor Completed! 2/25/2004

I just finished my first FM, but I only added a few rooms and 15 AI's, Plus a Brand New
    story; "Here I am...back in town and it's only been three days since the Bafford Job.

The Hammers have set up an outpost in town, and are holding Cutty for an Inquisition,
    possible torture, and a tour of Cragscleft?

I dont like coming back here, but theres no harm in helping a friend and maybe having
    alittle fun of my own!

I hope you will enjoy!!!!
    heres a link to the revised edition:

http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=Returntobafford
    Last edited by darthsLair; 15th Jul 2013 at 12:09. Reason: add date

Hang on, i already have this mission! I think i can remember downloading it from one of your posts in TEG IIRC.
    Last edited by sluggs; 25th Feb 2004 at 22:50.

I'm downloading it now. Yahoo!!!

When I play your mission Thief quits to the desktop. When I run it through dromed the same thing happens.

John

Maybe you've just got a bad file, John9818a. I downloaded the mission and started it and it seems to be running fine.

No, there is something odd about that link.

I just pm'd Darthslair about it. First file was 1.283 Kb, and named differently than what the link indicated.

edit:
    I meant that the file I got was named differently than the file I chose

second edit:
    Whoops. Just realized what happened. My error

I'd just saved another mission to that same folder (which I'd meant to put into a different folder anyway) , and when the download stopped early (it was interruped) ... that mission wasn't there, and the other one was.
    Last edited by Moghedian; 26th Feb 2004 at 08:57.

he forgot to say this part over here (he said it in editors' guild):

scroll down to the "thief" directory & it's in there

(or http://www.ptgamer.org/~guest/theif/Returntobafford.zip)

Hey, great one
    But I'm still looking for some loot and the heirloom...
    Any hint?

spoiler:
    Take a look at the sewers

Hi fibanocci!
    Got it
    But how do I get this objective "search and destroy" - ehhm kill them all?

spoiler:
    You have to kill a special guy, he`s living in town

I think I know who it is
    Thanks a lot

I have the sewer key but it won't open any of the sewer hatches in town. Can anybody tell me what I am missing?

Sir Lance -
    spoiler:
    It doesn't unlock the hatch covers. There's a small building (the one that you could get into in the original mission and jump down through a hole) near a gate that has a lockbox on the wall. That unlocks the sewer cover in the street beside the building.

Thanks Nighwalker.
    spoiler:
    I tried opening that hatch but never saw the lock on the wall. However, I have another problem. I thought the sewer led to the other side of the secret stone door in the sevants quarters. I can't find a switch anywhere around to open it and I can't frob the torches. Can anybody help?

spoiler:
    Search for a switch in the room where Ramirez is

Re: Return to Bafford Manor Completed!

Originally posted by darthsLair
    I dont like coming back here, but for a friend, I'll do anything!
    What kind of pagan shrooms or unholy ale has Garrett mistakenly taken this time?! Man, you need to get inside Garrett's head more.. He'd never say that. Heh, just a suggestion .. I love Baffords (another who happened to play it first when the demo came out and was instantly hooked) so I'll get right to it!

EDIT: Anyone else had this problem? When I go around Bafford's at the very beginning and BJ the guard, then pick the lock to the outpost, the door won't open. It plays a slamming door sound whenever I frob it and doesn't move an inch. I may have accidentally frobbed it twice when I finished picking it, but surely, this is a bug as it should open nonetheless upon successive frobs. Man, this sucks, have to replay 2 minutes from the beginning

deadman.
    Last edited by deadman; 26th Feb 2004 at 13:30.
    "I cannot see anything admirable in stupidity, injustice and sheer incompetence in high places, and there is too much of all three in the present administration." -M.M.Kaye, The Far Pavilions

Deadman

Download the revised edition. I changed the script on the AI conversation, so the player would have to be in the cell with Cutty. before cutty had a chance to Frob the door to exit.
    I revised it am PST feb 25

Darthslair
    Last edited by darthsLair; 26th Feb 2004 at 14:59.

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    Maybe you've just got a bad file, John9818a. I downloaded the mission and started it and it seems to be running fine.
    Ok I'm going to download it again. I did notice that one of the area brushes was "me only" but showed less of the map when changed to "not me only." This seemed rather odd, and deleting the area brushes and reportalizing didn't help. I wonder if I was d/l it while the update was being put up.

John

Edit: Downloading it again didn't solve the problem. I tried another TDP FM and the same thing happened, so I must need to reinstall Thief.

Edit 2: I downloaded the zip file again and got the same problem. Playing any other FM does the same thing. I reinstalled Thief I and got the same problem. I was able to load it in Dromed 2 without any textures.
    Last edited by john9818a; 26th Feb 2004 at 16:29.

Area Brushes?

John,

I never had a need for any area brushes, as I used x,y,z figures to hollow out the
    rooms and only added room brushes to those. I portilized and optimized on a
    daily basis and never had any errors show up. I reinstall my thief folder once a month to keep fresh and to eliminate corrupt files. Once and a while I'd have a corrupt
    file from downloading an FM, but always look to the thief folder. I''ve had a corrupted
    convict.osm before that somehow reduced in size. Dromed is good at corrupting its own
    files I've noticed, and when I was building, I just made backup copies of the mission,
    and reinstalled thief and dromed.

I'm running thief on a 233mz, 64 ram. I've tested in darkloader 50 times or more
    and have never had any problems with it.

Sorry if my file did cause any problems, and hope the problem can be resolved.

DarthsLair

Okay, I guess I'm missing something obvious.
    spoiler:
    How do I get into the sewer? I've completed the entire mission except for being 500 short of loot, needing the heirloom, and for some reason even though I released Cutty the objective won't tick off. I've tried every key and lock pick on the lockbock next to the well, but nothing works. Where is the key? I'm on Easy, btw.

WOOO hoooo darthsLair

thank you a thousand times.....it's like coming home and having christmas in february...the weather sucks....and what a great way to hunker down.

spoiler: Sewer Access

Spoiler: When you visit Ramirez, he has the key on him. Thats the only key that'll
    work on the lockpad, and the key and lockpicks intentionally dont work on the other
    sewer hatches. In order for the Release Cutty objective to complete, all you have to
    do is go inside the cell, and also on the table is a Note from Cutty.

Thanks! The way R fell had kind of hidden the key. Got the key, found the heirloom and finished the loot objective when I found a flute I had missed. Unfortunately I already entered Cutty's cell and Cutty left and I read the note when the objective didn't work. I even went back there after finishing all the other objectives and read the note again, but it still wouldn't tick off. Anyway, I had fun!

darthsLair

I figured out the problem. I had to delete the path to Thief I in DarkLoader and then add it again & optimize. There isn't any problem with your FM. I just started it and it works ok now.

John

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast