TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: C5...Guard Called Benny

C5...Guard Called Benny

Getting started with the C5 missions.

Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this mission so far. You get to be Benny! Not as easy as it sounds.

Not Benny again!

Hey just kidding! I'll check that one out first now i have got up out my pit!

Update:

Well that was different! I loved it.
    Last edited by sluggs; 8th Mar 2004 at 12:46.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Aye!

I was fortunate enough to Betatest this one, it's totally remarkable... from the poker game, to the subtle differences between difficulties and shifts, to the unique gameplay. I only wish I could have tested it more, but I was busy with finishing my own mission.

Just a point people may not have realized about this mission: There are really more than three difficulties, since besides Normal/Hard/Expert, you also choose the shift you're on (early, mid or late) and the store you get to buy your equipment from (swordman or bowman), so there is a tremendous amount of replay potential in this mission...

Not to mention the surprises I can't reveal publicly...

Yes, this mission is FUN!

But I have some problems with secrets. I just cannot find them...

The missions you gotta absolutely look at:

- the Summit - Very excellent -
    - BoyBurrick farm - simply incredibly Hilarious.
    - the haunting - incredible usage of scripts.

These are for me the best about what i see until now (7 missions), i gotta to download all the others...

But all the missions of this contest are beautyfull, as Komag said is the best contest ever made. !!

Originally posted by bukary
    Yes, this mission is FUN!

But I have some problems with secrets. I just cannot find them...
    spoiler:
    Found one secret switch in the arboretum.

Far right at the end of the red flower row under the green plant leaves.

Jack cheats at card playing I think.

Unethical card playing trick.
    spoiler:
    Quick save when you win a hand. Reload if you lose.
    Last edited by aknot; 8th Mar 2004 at 17:05.

I suspected that there is
    spoiler:
    some secret switch in the arborteum but couldn't find it. Where is it exactly?

I wouldn't know how good the rest of the mission is, I can't quit playing poker!

but seriously, a great FM so far.

How wonderful!

That one was just plain fun!

Question:

spoiler:
    I played expert, swordsman, night shift. I found a red key in the Lord'd bedroom, the secret lever (which is just a shortcut to the arbor) and two locked doors I couldn't get into (the red key didn't open them). In the sewers I found a dead body (which I assume to be the missing Lady?!) and another woman wrapped in webs hiding 3 spiders (shudder). And of course the guy running away with the skull who I smacked with the sword and deposited on the pillar. Finally, in the room guarded by the female cop, there's a dead Servant, a blank book and a blank letter.

These are all mysteries, and I never satisfied the optional goal to find out why I was hired. Tips are appreciated!

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Same problem here as Mellisa's.

spoiler:
    Though I had dead servant in the basement, and alive woman (child?) in maze sewer. Also doors that cannot be unlocked. Would really like to know how to complete that optional objective so any hints are appreaciated.

The mission is great fun though.

Aye mission is very fun/funny, seeing the thief crawl up the rope arrow and killing him in one shot, oops!

Did you remember to get the custom scripts?

I managed to found a key to the small room near the library:

spoiler:
    You have to look up to get it.
    Look above the locked door.

Thank you Dark Arrow for that...and for that last optional objective:

spoiler:
    There's woman guard on second floor, just go in that room and read a book on your right. And rememeber that it has more pages than one.

Still one secret to find and two doors to unlock. Might depend on shifts...

This is a cool mission, but I got pretty frustrated with it after I played a couple rounds of cards. I saved and reloaded and the game was really out of sync. One card was always frobbable. When I'd deal a new hand, it would only give me two and keep three of the cards from the old hand, and two of them I could never get rid of. Wierd.

I also couldn't get back to the barracks after I completed all objectives. I assume the switch by the big gate is supposed to either open the gate or teleport me back to the barracks, but nothing happens when I frob the switch.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    No... the barracks are located in the basement.

Finally played this tonight..this is my favourite c5 mis so far in terms of gameplay and replayability. Some fantastic little touches and great architecture too.

Alexia Krycek

A confuzzled taffer

Where'd you guys get the mission?
    I'm just really lost.

Oh, found it. I'm such a clumsy taffer!

Playing expert, bowman, party shift, I found keys to all the locked doors. Completed all objectives and went back to the barracks / armory. The mission wouldn't end. The map shows a barracks room that I can't get into - there is a green, non-frobbable door there by the assignment desk.

I stole some loot in one of the bedrooms, but I did not get fired. Could this be my problem?

I am stuck in the begining, I don't understand how to play the cards gaem, can someone give me the rules? I just randomly click on any cards and I can't seem to be able to leave the game?

Yes, this one's just great fun all around.
    My favourite of the ones I've played so far.

With all the different shifts plus the choice of swordman/bowman, you really get a lot of replayability.

I noticed that the 'why you were hired' story element is also chosen randomly, but when the mission starts, so you can't save after making your fortune at the card game and still see all of them.

After playing that card game, I really should see about releasing that FrogRace demo which I made once, where you could gamble on which of four frogs would reach the other side of the room first. I guess it would be best if I ported it to T2 first, though.

The ability to tell the other guards where to stand would have been nice...
    I had the idea of making a Guard mission myself, once. Never got around to it, though.

In order to get into all of the locked rooms,
    spoiler:
    you need to catch the thief who comes in from the basement before he leaves the maintainence room, and take the key from the floor.

Auriga2us:

I think that the more cards with the same number on them you have, the better.

So three fours is better than two, while five fours is the best.
    Two fours and two sixes seems to be good, too.

There should be a big 'quit' button once you've finished the round.

Now, I belive I've got another ten or so to play, so if you'll excuse me...
    - NV
    Last edited by Nameless_Voice; 17th Mar 2004 at 19:07.

Originally posted by Nameless_Voice
    I think that the more cards with the same number on them you have, the better.
    I think the card game is poker, but without the betting element, so it is really not poker. Hand ranking is like poker rules, but there are no suits, so there are no flushes. The computer cheats. I just played it and got three 10's, and Joe "won" with a pair. You never get to see the opponents cards, so cheating is easy. I found it unrewarding, monitarily.

I still have a problem with the mission not ending after I completed all objectives and went back to the barracks. See my post above. Has anyone else see this? Am I going back to the wrong place?

Another vote from me for a fun mission I've played "Hard" both times using Sword each time but one play was Party time and other was Night shift. Party time was more difficult for me as I was able to stop robbery but MyLord kept getting killed. Now on my current play I've got a problem also getting it to let me finish. When I played the Night shift was actually much easier all in all and was able to get both Thieves and complete mission but this other one isn't? Both Thieves are dead in the Mansion...Skull not taken and apparently that scoundel of a Lord is still kicking, but that objective has not checked off...so when I go into Barracks the game doesn't end?

The Party time sheet says that possibly a Servent or Guest might come in disguised, so on that note, I went around (QS each time) and certain characters I took a chance and killed them (one only that was basically alone) but game said I did a no-no and apparently they were not suspect of the ones I tried.

I have found four keys but the first three got me into the locked doors and I haven't found the use for the fourth (which is that Red one)? I also have only found one secret in the same place as the others have.

On one trip I did go down into sewers but the only thing I found was the corpse with the spiders eating away at it (inside the cacoon, ugh! but interesting concept) The animation of the Party guests was simply the best! I can just imagine the amount of coding that took! Excellent job! I was also very impressed with Poker like game and I agree, the computer/players cheated, LOL But then I got back at them...seems there is a small glich that occurs from time to time and when I would win, the money kept adding up and wouldn't stop until I selected to play a new hand! Don't know if that was on purpose or what, but it was repeatable.

So if anyone can clear up some of these happenings and/or where other loot is (besides a couple of places I also found in chests...don't see how I can meet my questionable total that supposed to be available?) unless I have to gamble for it? LOL

There is a definate bug however (at least it happened in Party game) the one guard that patrols up and down stairwell and goes through Exhibit area...she gets hung up on stairs going right as you face Exhibit hall. She's off side and runs into post at the top and I had to keep bumping her to get her going again but she would still get hung up there. I finally tried putting a couple of potted plants to kind of steer her around but it didn't work too well...only a little somtimes I think? It may be something to check out later if any other fixes take place...like the Poker game too?

Thanks very much for a neat game and I got some new moves from those Party ppl Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

I have a problem with the game. When I go into the sewers and come up to some bars barring my way, they are after the dead woman and I throb them it says "10 minutes later" then my screen goes completely black and stays that way and I can't get out?

Auriga2us, that is sortof misleading as far as the time...really doesn't mean much to the gameplay However, I was sortof confused when I got to that part as well but your not really stuck You can enter or leave the sewers by two methods...you can wander around and find the ladder that will let you out onto the walkway where you found a thief's rope and that hole that's there...or...if you entered by the room down in the basement or found yourself there at that gate from the direction of the ladder, all you need to do is look up and you'll see on each side a line of light sortof? Follow it forward and you'll soon be in a normal area where you can see things again. However, it is difficult to get in through hole and you'll need to get one or two crates to help you get up to the hole to try and get through. Might takes several tries and figuring the way in but it can be done. Otherwise just go back or to the ladder for an easier exit. Hope that helps and Good Luck Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

I click the chair to sit down and play cards, but nothing happens. Anyone else get this?
    edit: never mind, I thought I had already had those scripts, but I guess I didn't.
    Last edited by DarkElf_Mairead; 11th Nov 2005 at 20:04.