TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Into the Maelstrom - WOW! WOW! WOW!

Into the Maelstrom - WOW! WOW! WOW!

This mission is incredible! Breathtaking! I just cannot stop myself from screaming...

Who did this masterpiece? Great architecture, lightning, atmosphere, scripting, writings. 'Sneaky' and balanced gameplay. Proper difficulty. So far my all time favourite contest FM was Thief Noire. But Maelstrom is even better!

Today DromEd smiled at me and said: "You stupid taffer! You believed that I am some stinky, rotting corpse by now! Well, I might rot and stink, but I have rised from the dead! Join meeeee! NoOOW!"

I am dying to know the name of the wizard who resurrected DromEd.

Edited: I figured out how to finish this great mission.
    Last edited by bukary; 8th Mar 2004 at 16:53.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Well, I know which one I'm playing next.... better than Thief Noir? That's quite a recommendation!

I'm playing The Saint right now, and loving it... really neat gameplay. And I'm 95% certain I know who did it...

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    WOW!

I agree completely, this is a masterpiece of design. I managed to kill all the baddies, but had to use the healing potion since I took out two of them face-to-face and took a bit of damage. I also missed over half the loot and 2 of 3 secrets... I look forward to playing again on Expert to uncover all the details of this incredible mission!

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. .......

i've downloaded hours ago but only now i try to play it.....

it's incredible.

Originally posted by Yandros
    WOW!

I agree completely, this is a masterpiece of design. I managed to kill all the baddies, but had to use the healing potion since I took out two of them face-to-face and took a bit of damage.
    spoiler:
    There is a better way of killing all undead! Just solve the Moon riddle.

From where can I download this mission?

Originally posted by saatana
    From where can I download this mission?
    It is a small contest mission. You can get it here:
    www.keepofmetalandgold.com

I played it again. It is really Calendra's Legacy among contest missions.

Whoever did it should be damned proud!

ehmm

spoiler:
    what about to lit the candle ??? i put the candle on.. ...pls don't tell me i need a firearrow cause i used against the ghosts...

couch ! couch !

Originally posted by sterlino
    ehmm

spoiler:
    what about to lit the candle ??? i put the candle on.. ...pls don't tell me i need a firearrow cause i used against the ghosts...

couch ! couch !
    spoiler:
    Yes, you need fire arrow. You shouldn't kill undead. They will all 'die' anyway.

...oh xxxx xxx....! i knew i knew...... hehe

Moderator and Priest
    I played a bit of it, seems great so far...

I have to wait til after sunset to really get into it, too much sunlight in the computer room and all that.

FMs like Maelstrom really make my cry: we won't be seeing such enviroments in T3. Let us enjoy all the goodies that DromEd has to offer then!

Archivist
    Never heard of this mission! Is it for Thief 1 or 2??

It is a small contest mission. You can get it here:
    Can you tell where exactly, bukary. There are a lot of missions on Komag's site, I cant find it

Originally posted by The Phantom
    Never heard of this mission! Is it for Thief 1 or 2??
    Can you tell where exactly, bukary. There are a lot of missions on Komag's site, I cant find it
    It's on the main page! In the NEWS.

I don't have the c5 missions in the fmarchive page yet, still working on things, so they're just on the front page for now...
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

I just played it. Used up my damn Fire Arrows too didn't i? ARRRGH! It's certainly a nice and atmospheric FM. We all know who made it don't we? Don't we?

My favourite bits are the new backgrounds and Lantern textures. Oh, and those nice beams of light shining down with the particles inside. Straight from my Undead FM!

Yeap looks awesome FM mission , like profesional work .. cool

Originally posted by sluggs
    We all know who made it don't we? Don't we?
    I don't. Gumdrop?

Fantastic FM! I really don't know what I like best about this mission, there's so many lovely details: the dark atmosphere, the light beams, the moon, the new textures, the bonus objective, the entire layout. There's so much to do it makes the mission seem much larger than it really is.

I liked the way the secret was hidden:
    spoiler:
    I saw this guy flattened by a large rock and then looked up to see where it had come from... only to spot something for my rope arrow

I'm quite certain I know who made it. Hint:
    spoiler:
    Press M and think where you've seen such quality maps before.

Damn that was fun. Highly recommended.

spoiler:
    Took me five minutes to work up the nerve to go top-side.

Those chains still creep me out.

My honest opinion about this FM.

OK, I'm not the best person to review FMs because I hardly ever play them (I like making them much more, I must be a bit silly!).
    Anyway... Into the Maelstrom does look good, there's no doubt about that. The mission is a little miracle created with the good old DromEd. Especially the ship itself is very well made, I thought it was very atmospheric.
    Maybe I'm not a very good thief then, but I didn't find this mission very FUN to play. No offense of course, Into the Maelstrom is a little masterpiece but I think it's only "WOW! WOW! WOW!" looks-wise.
    I got stuck in some places (literally) and had to kill most of the enemies because they saw me (but that might be because I'm not the best player!) - I didn't like that but that's what most of the undead FMs are like. Maybe I just expected something different, now when I play it again I might enjoy it more. The author of this FM should have warned us.
    The atmosphere is very good and I liked the story, even though I was a bit confused at first. But that's the whole point I guess...

Despite of some of my negative comments, Into the Maelstrom is a very good mission, especially for such a small contest FM! I can highly recommend this for everyone.
    Play PROFANE ASCENSION for Thief 2! Click here to download.
    "this mission is the ONE AND ONLY mission to ever actually, 100%, no-BS, really, REALLY SCARE ME!!!"
    ---bassmanret---

Originally posted by bukary
    I don't. Gumdrop?
    I had the chance to download 5 contest missions this morning after visiting the Keep of Metal and Gold, this is a really cool level.

If I had to guess, from everything I've read and seen in the Editors' Guild, I would say it was made by:

spoiler:
    Vigil

For one, the distance art. Do we actually get to guess?

As I came here I was certain it was made by Eshaktaar (the moonlight coming from the hole for example), but now after seeing Eshaktaar's post I'm not so sure anymore.

A very good mission. Congratulations, you have either already won the contest or you are very close to it (I haven't played all the missions so I can't be sure)!

(Now I'll be getting back to play the rest)

Actually I think it's just bukary having fun with us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast