TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: C5 The Saint Mar/04

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

C5 The Saint Mar/04

OK, I really like this level and have made it pretty far... but the temple area is pretty confusing.
    spoiler:
    I've put the Alchemy book on the pedestal, and got The Necropolis in return, which told me to look up when I'm surrounded by undead. I can hear a haunt through the high door opposite the temple entrance, but can't open the door. I already took the vault key from the Warden and got the Orion Stone from the vault... I see what I assume is the "valuable item" I'm supposed to get in the temple up above the lift, but can't figure out how to activate the lift. I also have no clue about the sound clue to the right of the knowledge altar, or the Saint's Gate. I also took all three books back to the library and the librarian's house, hoping to leave them there so he won't lost his job and his wife won't commit suicide... but they aren't droppable and I can't find anything to use them on.
    Has anyone figured any of this out? I've been running in circles.

Download here
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 15th Aug 2009 at 12:25.
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

There's a frobbable book-return slot right at the entrance to the library....but I returned all three and nothing happened.

Where's the darn warden?

Never mind I solved it!
    GREAT MISSION!!

Can you help me out in the temple area?

I would, but I don't know how to mask the spoiler text!!!

Click the Spoiler button up there and type it in... or put the word spoiler between brackets [] and then again with a slash in front of it to end.

Or, you can send me a PM.

The following hints are valid @expert.... I did try the mission for a short while at normal, and there were notable differences.

Here it goes:
    spoiler:

the door opposite of the temple gets unlocked as you solve the labyrinth riddle, downstairs in the temple.

Sound clue:
    spoiler:

I'll try not to reveal too much.
    Any frobbable object which cannot be picked up is involved in solving the riddles. What such object generates sound?

Books:
    spoiler:

They are too droppable.. (expert only?) I used the ceramic square below the metal tag.

i'm pretty stuck on this one
    (on expert)

spoiler:

at first i thought that sound one had to do with the horn of quintus and was wondering why i couldn't frob it
    well, finally got that part & have the temple jewels... but now...
    i must be missing some clue(s) or something - i have no idea how to get up where there's someone walking around - past those 2 haunts (one with the horn of quintus).
    i just completed 3 "saintly" things and went through the gate & now i can't even go back in the jail area to finish getting the stone (which i couldn't find the warden earlier to find his key)

any hints appreciated

Question: how can I read the Readme files of the C5 missions on Komag's site, I'd like to read a bit about the story and stuff before downloading a mission?

raetsel,

spoiler:
    I made exactly the same assumption with the belted "horn of Quintus", hehe..

spoiler:
    as for "not being able to reach the jail area no more", this could be a bug.... Did the door disappear? If so, I think I ran into something similar. I had to reload a game from a bit earlier... I used some object on the floor to try and prevent the door's movement out of reach. It worked for me.

Haunt area:
    spoiler:
    To get up there, using the ceiling trap, you need an object which you find somewhere in the underwater tunnels. Hint: you have to open an underwater trap using a lever.. (did you find some big lever right in that same area yet?)

Warden:
    spoiler:
    get "up there" first.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Insertnamehere
    Question: how can I read the Readme files of the C5 missions on Komag's site, I'd like to read a bit about the story and stuff before downloading a mission?
    You can't do that at the Keep, I don't think, only at Thiefmissions. And Jason isn't posting them there until the contest is over and the author's names can be put in the readme files.

ahh, darn - think i have to replay the whole thing now, haha!

the door didn't just disappear - it's now a solid wall (the door to enter the jail past where that archer is). i guess you're not supposed to:
    spoiler:
    go through the saintly gate until you've completed all your objectives

btw, yandros: (off topic)
    spoiler:
    yours is bloody brilliant on expert

raetsel,

spoiler:
    that wall you see is always behind the frobbable door, which moved out of reach. You ran into the same problem as I, same place.

oh, i see - strange buggy-sort-of-thing
    ah well, i'll just replay (damn me for not making regular saves )

I ended up returning the Alchemy book via the book slot before I'd realised where it would otherwise be used - hence I missed out on that area. Would have been better if it wasn't possible to do that...

yeah, i did something similar the first time (but really stupid, heh) - i clicked it on the hot cauldron and it went poof!

stupid me

How do I get out of the prison area. (I'm playing on wimpy level, just in case it makes a difference...)

from where exactly, ethne?
    spoiler:
    to get back to the other section where the library and everything was, you click on the huge metal door - just like when you went in - but if you're in the prison itself somewhere, that might not be what you need to know

spoiler:
    I'm standing in front of a metal gate, and I can see another area that I assume I am supposed to get to. It's just I don't see any locks for a key, and when I click on the gate nothing happens.

And oh yeah, am I supposed to be able to get through that fire place in the second area (where you climb down a ladder?)

if you're where i think you are: i could never get the thing you're standing in front of to open either, but to get on the other side you
    spoiler:
    just keep walking... if you're staring at the gate - walk down to the left & it will turn and go over there - have to watch out for that metal-helmet guard over there, though

spoiler:
    and no, you're not supposed to fit through that fireplace

-----------------------------------------
    edit:
    i finally finished this mission on expert (had to replay because of that door thing)
    this time, one of my objectives didn't tick off
    spoiler:
    the get the most expensive thing out of the vault - i wiped that place clean... hmm, maybe that is the problem - do i have to take one of the big gem things first or -only- take a gem maybe?
    , but i know i did it (it does say in the readme that that may happen) & the door stayed put even after the gate part this time also, strange
    i really liked this one good job to whoever made it!
    Last edited by raetsel; 12th Mar 2004 at 02:53.

On expert:
    spoiler:
    I returned the 3 stolen books to the library without "using" them in any other way.

Is this a mistake? Do I need them for some other purpose?
    I haven't read through all the spoiler posts above as I do not want to spoil this mission.

EDIT: added spoiler
    Last edited by diana50322; 13th Mar 2004 at 14:45.

@diana:
    spoiler:
    you "used" them on the book-return in the library?

if so, that's all you do with them so far as:
    spoiler:
    it was just the books titled like "so-and-so's library book"

Yes, yes, thank you very much, and what a relief.

I need help with the same things that some of you mentioned above. If I may ask a favor, or make a suggestion ... instead of saying, "I was stuck on _____ but I figured it out." and leaving it at that, could you say what the solution was. That way if someone gets stuck in the same area they will not have to ask, "so how DO you do _____?

So how DO I get to the area above the room with 2 haunts, (1 sporting a stylish horn of Quintas)? I see the big frobable button but I don't have what it wants in my inventory.
    spoiler:
    I have opened the grate over the water, put the head on the statue under water, straightened the head thing sticking out of the wall in the tunnel leading to the water...

Is there something I'm missing there?
    spoiler:
    I can't get the horn off the haunt, so I rung the bell.

What do I need to make sound?

So far this is my favorite C5 mission. I love puzzles but I'm not duing to well figuring out some of these.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast