TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Viktor Gaspar Contest 5 mission

Viktor Gaspar Contest 5 mission

I don't believe the rate at which I'm posting these "Help me, I'm stupid" threads, but what the heck, HERE'S ANOTHER!
    Anyway, I'm playing Viktor Gaspar (BTW, this FM is quite a puzzler so feel free to leave your questions here too), and I have broken into the gallery and stolen the one mask I need. I also went to the library and found-
    spoiler:
    -the key hidden in the secret alcove behind the chair....but all it does is open up another one of those lock boxes (there's about a bjillion of them in this FM).
    Now I have no clue what to do. I think I need to open up the
    spoiler:
    genie bottle
    but I don't know how I would go about doing that? Help would be much appreciated.

yeah, this one's a definite puzzler - i'm stuck too.
    and don't think i can answer your question since
    spoiler:
    i'm not even sure where this genie bottle thing is that you speak of?

all i've been able to do so far is:
    spoiler:
    find the one mask & find the medallion

and i've been running around clueless for some time now.

The Mike, did you get
    spoiler:
    the key hanging under the desk in the office of that pomegranite place? i think that was the one that opens the money box in the secret-area in the library... which gets you a key to open one out in the water - really hard to remember which key was found where to open what here! i drop them after i use them to try to be a little less confused

but it hasn't helped me too much, obviously

I figured out how to open the bottle:
    spoiler:
    Use the 'Djinn Medallion' you got from the box under water

spoiler:
    only 3 wishes though

The only doors I can't seem to open are the 2 grey ones across from the GASPAR sign, the one with all the windows.

@sxerks:
    spoiler:
    you shouldn't -need- to open those doors - there's a secret door up on a walkway that leads to a lab with hints on a secret entrance around the corner - which leads into that place

edit:
    now i'm stuck again
    spoiler:
    after frobbing the genie bottle ... if i choose an item when it teleports me back to that place for the 3rd time, i always die with it saying something about not 4 (but i only take 3 in total & if i take 2 & sit there on the 3rd transport to this place, nothing happens?)
    Last edited by raetsel; 11th Mar 2004 at 23:19.

grey doors,
    spoiler:
    I don't know how, but that secret door open on the ledge, I don't remember hitting a switch. But I did get in now.

bottle,
    spoiler:
    you can get 3 items, and if you frob it a 4th time you die, are you saying you die on the 3rd time? do you get teleported to a red room?

Now the only thing I need is the Sun mask.

door:
    spoiler:
    i think the secret door that you didn't notice opens when you get the medallion by itself, but not positive

bottle:
    spoiler:
    i frob the genie bottle - get transported to the items, take one - go back to the museum, get transported back to items & take 1, back to museum, back to items, take 1 - go to the red room & die

The bottle thing must be a bug, it works fine for me.

Can anyone give me a hint on where to find the genie bottle?
    spoiler:
    And has anyone found a use for the four talismans?

Thanks

a hint?
    hmm, ok...
    spoiler:
    i'm sure you've been in this place before - especially if you have a mask that was an objective

it's not so obvious that it hilights, by the way - think that's why i passed it too, first time around

I'm stuck.
    spoiler:
    I went through the Lost City part, got the talismans- which I can't figure out a use for- and got ANOTHER fake sun mask. Joy. Still can't get in the doors under the gallery, still no idea where the real mask is, still only able to open 2 boxes in the vault. No idea what to do next.

spoiler:
    when you go to the lab just follow the ledge around the corner and that will gain you entrance to the building you mentioned.

Lost city? where can I find this?

Thanks.

Lost City, less specific:
    spoiler:
    If you read the book, at the end of it you will get a clue for the Lost City.

Specific:
    spoiler:
    Grab the potion, use it, shoot the rug, turn around.

RE: getting into the area below the Gallery:
    spoiler:
    Do you mean the little square of wood in floor of the inventor's shop with all the boxes over it? I thought it might be a secret door or something, but couldn't find a switch.

EDIT:
    spoiler:
    Found the switch, just ended up in the vault again. Found another key in there, though, and got the Horn Of Quintus. Yay. That makes a total of four boxes I was able to open. Duh. I swear I tried picking those doors below the gallery before and it didn't work. Anyway, I got in.
    Last edited by Oneiroscope; 12th Mar 2004 at 12:57.

I have been running around in this level for hours now. I'm not anywere near the place you are talking about (the Lost City).

I have had enough of this key hunt!

What in the name of jh builder do I do now that I have the two fake sun masks ? Anyone find the real one ? With the exception of wraping up this last objective this was a very clever mission - maybe a little too clever . This mission had alot of nice little details and packs alot of gameplay into a small area . If the author is any different that Emile Victor's , I'd be highly surprised .

I'm stuck on this mission after over an hour of play, and only because I can't find enough loot on Expert. All other objectives are completed. I'm about 1500 short, so there must be something major I'm missing. I haven't been able to open all the lockboxes in the vault, is that where the rest is? Any other secret loot I could have missed?

This mission has some cool parts and details, but I found it hard to figure out what I had to do next in order to proceed. Even now I'm not sure what I did to make some things happen. And all those keys! Would've been nice to have them disappear from the inventory once they had been used. I ended up having to try them all on almost every locked box I found, since I didn't immediately think of dropping them after they'd been used.

Concerning the talismans:
    spoiler:
    I'm not sure, but I got the impression you need the talismans in order for some of the doors in the Lost City to open. I remember one of those sliding doors wouldn't open at first, but once I'd found another of the talismans I could pass.
    Morrgan's Dark Projects: my FMs and FM reviews - 10.03.2008: All for a Night's Sleep updated to v1.1

spoiler:
    I didn't find that the talismans did squat . I had all the doors open after blowing the top off the obelisk only to find another useless sun mask

Heh, I never tried blowing the top off the obelisk, so can't say anything about that. But you only found a fake mask? Odd. The one I found up there was the real one. Are you playing on Expert too?

Yep . It looks like we found a bug in this one . Crap .

I was playing on Expert and was unable to find the "real" mask, either. Morrgan, was the one you found in the
    spoiler:
    highest set of rooms in the Lost City the real one? That was just another copy when I picked it up.

I found enough loot to complete the loot objective but not all of it. I'm almost 800g. short of what's listed as available. I didn't keep track of the loot this time through, but found several tiny rings that would be easy to overlook. Also
    spoiler:
    a gold goblet tucked in under a barrel in the water by the docks.

I'm giving up on Expert and starting over on a different difficulty setting to see if I can find the Mask on one of those.

A little birdie has just told me that if one " a) drops the fake mask first, or b) drops both sun masks and only picks up the real one " that the objective will tick off . Personally I've had no sucess , I'll try doing this in the gallery .

Here's a message from the author:

------------------------------
    Some players have uncovered a nasty bug in Viktor Gaspar (totally my fault Ė I hang my head in shame). Anyway, when you find the fake precursor mask, your new objective is to find the real mask. However, if you donít drop the fake mask, when you find the real mask, you end up with two fake masks, and you canít complete the objective.

Silly me. In testing, I knew it was a fake, so I never bothered to keep it. Dum.

There are two solutions:

1. Drop the fake mask before you find the real one.

2. If you have both masks, drop them both, then pick up just the real one.

Maybe in dromed dude

Thanks Komag! I admit I was getting pretty steamed over that "second" fake. I tried dropping them both and only picking up one or the other, but that didn't work for me. So I went back to an earlier save and dropped the fake just before grabbing the new one and the objective ticked off. Yay! I still wonder what the talismans are for, though. They didn't seem to do anything, but maybe I just didn't notice whatever it was they did?

Anyway, it was a very fun mission!

When I got to the
    spoiler:
    Lost City via the flying carpet
    part, I have to admit I was very much pleasantly suprised. It was almost like having two missions in one. The only thing that, for me, spoiled that effect just a bit was the fact that
    spoiler:
    the zombies were too easy to deal with. I used one flashbomb near the obelisk area and they all exploded, even the ones down in the Earth mural area. I just sat there for a minute, agog, going "But I was enjoying that! WTF?"

For me, I had to have the talismans
    spoiler:
    to get the doors to slide open. Only one worked at first, since I had the Talisman you find by the bones. As I picked up each one, another door worked.

Yaaay! It works! You just have to drop the fake mask BEFORE picking up the real one and the objective ticks off. Now if only I can find the rest of the missing loot! Thanks, Oneiroscope!

I received confirmation that #2 solution indeed only works in Dromed, so you'll have to restore previous save to do #1 or start over, sorry

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast