TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Status

Bump!

Any news on this? Gosh, how badly I wanna see this realized <3

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Holy cow, I had forgotten this thread even existed! Ten years is a long time...

It's still in the works, and is now a 10-mission campaign. Some (slightly outdated) details and screenshots can be found here:
    http://www.wearytaffer.com?mis=upc-dce

Overall status --
    • Act I (missions 1-4) has finished Beta testing.
    • Act II (missions 5-7) is partly in Alpha, and should be in Beta by the holidays.
    • Act III (missions 8-10) will be started as soon as Act II is done with Beta. 8 and 10 are almost ready to be scripted (building about done), and 9 needs a bunch of building still before it's ready.

At this point, I'm hoping for a late spring/early summer release. Kind of ironic for a winter campaign, but oh well. Thanks for asking, Summer!
    Last edited by Yandros; 2nd Nov 2014 at 16:04. Reason: Adjusted link to go to new website

Thanks for the update, Yandros! I'm glad this hasn't been abandoned. As you said, ten years IS a long time. The pics look great! Oh, I can't wait.... 10 missions, yay!

If you're aiming for a summer 2015 release, that is very good news Yandros. It's been a long road, but suddenly the day will come.
    Did you ever consider releasing each act separately? I'm not saying you should do that now of course.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Did you ever consider releasing each act separately? I'm not saying you should do that now of course.
    I don't think we've ever seriously considered it. The way the story goes, we felt it would be best to complete the whole thing and release it all at once. This saves us if we make changes to the story and need to alter things in previous acts (which we've done a couple times now).

Additionally, I am excited to report that we've achieved something really, really creepy and dark that- to my knowledge- hasn't been done in a FM before.

Needless to say, very much looking forward to this!

Amazing news!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Like Rob said, klatremus, we contemplated but never seriously considered releasing the Acts separately. There are so many connections as the story progresses, it will be a lot better from a following-the-story standpoint to play them all in sequence and not months (or years) apart. Plus the other reasons he mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Additionally, I am excited to report that we've achieved something really, really creepy and dark that- to my knowledge- hasn't been done in a FM before.
    Now that DOES sound intriguing.... Oh, way better than NuThief, I suspect!!!

Epic to see a 10 year dormant thread awake. Btw looking forward to this monumental project!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Holy cow, I had forgotten this thread even existed! Ten years is a long time...

It's still in the works, and is now a 10-mission campaign. Some (slightly outdated) details and screenshots can be found here:
    http://www.wearytaffer.com?mis=upc-dce

Overall status --
    • Act I (missions 1-4) has finished Beta testing.
    • Act II (missions 5-7) is partly in Alpha, and should be in Beta by the holidays.
    • Act III (missions 8-10) will be started as soon as Act II is done with Beta. 8 and 10 are almost ready to be scripted (building about done), and 9 needs a bunch of building still before it's ready.

At this point, I'm hoping for a late spring/early summer release. Kind of ironic for a winter campaign, but oh well. Thanks for asking, Summer!
    Hi, Yandros. Was just wondering what a current update of the 'Overall Status' might look like 6 months after that previous 10/24/14 update...

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Act II (missions 5-7): 5 is nearly done with alpha, 6 is complete. 7 is about two weeks from alpha, then the whole of Act II will be in Beta hopefully in June. Only 6 months later than I predicted. Much of the holdup was that getting 5 ready for alpha was a lot more work than I anticipated, but it was work that needed to be done and it means a few months' less work to get mission 8 ready for test.

I'd say as long as this project still is showing steady progress, it's great news. What an amazing feat this will be.
    Would you say 2016 Q1 to be likely?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I would say winter 2015-16 to be quite possible. The biggest unknown right now is how much work is required to bring mission 9 to alpha status, as it's quite incomplete. It could be a month or two, and it could be six. It's hard to say.

Well I certainly don't mind waiting a few extra months if it means the campaign will be completely done. Best of luck with the home stretch, Yandros

I sure am looking forward to it

I was three years old when Russ first tapped me for the voice work for DCE. I'm close to 50 now and just celebrated by 22 wedding anniversary today (5/1)

Three years old, huh? Must be a pre-pre-pre-prequel!

Could I have some voice acting done SlyFoxx? Wink wink nudge nudge That is if you want to?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    I was three years old when Russ first tapped me for the voice work for DCE. I'm close to 50 now and just celebrated by 22 wedding anniversary today (5/1)

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGuy101 View Post
    Could I have some voice acting done SlyFoxx? Wink wink nudge nudge That is if you want to?
    Sly just resurfaced and probably has a huge backlog of requests, but I'm sure he'll get to yours when he can.

Sly just resurfaced and probably has a huge backlog of requests, but I'm sure he'll get to yours when he can.
    I hope

Act II (missions 5-7): 5 is nearly done with alpha, 6 is complete. 7 is about two weeks from alpha, then the whole of Act II will be in Beta hopefully in June. Only 6 months later than I predicted. Much of the holdup was that getting 5 ready for alpha was a lot more work than I anticipated, but it was work that needed to be done and it means a few months' less work to get mission 8 ready for test.
    Awesome! Thanks for the update, Yandros! Looks like it will be a Winter release after all! Sweet!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Update:

We hit a major milestone today, Act II is now in beta test! Let's celebrate with some new screenshots from mission 7, Waking The Dead.

http://www.wearytaffer.com/screens/d...ce_m7_hall.jpg
    http://www.wearytaffer.com/screens/d...m7_library.jpg
    http://www.wearytaffer.com/screens/d..._graveyard.jpg

Don't mean to be rude, but I look very clean - almost sterile, but I guess that's because the gamma is very high

What's act II ? Group of missions or juste the second one ? Can we hope for a 2015 release ?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    They look OK on my monitor, but then most other screenshots are too dark, so those are probably too light for many others.

The campaign is 10 missions in 3 acts, Act II is missions 5-7.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast