TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Status

Those screenshots look great I hope it's alright if I download those screenies to look to for inspiration

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Certainly.

Those screenshots are looking really fine! Can't wait to play.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I just realized that mission 7 (the Hammerite cathedral in the screenshots) will be the only mission with significant architectural contributions from all 4 authors. Polygon made the sanctuary and front entrance, Moghedian did most of the graveyard and east wing, I did the two front towers and the rest of the graveyard, and the other roughly 60% of it was made by Random_Taffer when he first joined us in 2010-11.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    We hit a major milestone today, Act II is now in beta test! Let's celebrate with some new screenshots from mission 7, Waking The Dead.
    I am sure these screenshots did wake the dead!
    I almost smell the dust and humidity in that library.

Looking forward to it!

Looking good!

Are you releasing the acts separately or as one big pack?

Also, are those hi-res versions of the original game's statues? They look ace.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    We're releasing in one go as a full campaign. Otherwise Act I would have been out a year ago. Those are the improved original statues that somebody, Elvis I think, made a few years ago and released in TEG. They're probably in the EP2 also.

Edit: I darkened the screenshots some.
    Last edited by Yandros; 7th Jun 2015 at 09:44.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Minor milestone: Acts I and II (missions 1-7) have been upgraded to NewDark 1.24, with resulting issues fixed and some minor improvements made as well, and that release is now being tested. Also, slow but sporadic progress continues to be made on Act III. Next milestone will be mission 8 entering alpha test.

Great news can't wait to play and I know you can't wait to release it.

Spot on, Chris.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Since last August, I have been primarily devoted to helping Random_Taffer complete his Godbreaker campaign, but have also put in some time on DCE. I'm happy to report that Mission 8 is in pre-Alpha test now and should go to testers soon. Once Godbreaker is released, R_T and I will be picking up missions 9 and 10 and setting to work to get them Alpha-ready as well.

For now, I can offer up a new video I made which is simply a montage of atmospheric scenes from the city map. It's used for missions 1, 3, 5 and 8 and that is why there is a variety of sky, fog and snow settings in the video. I may make a second one of these soon which shows some scenes from the other three primary maps. I have also completed a storyboard for the first trailer. Anyway, please enjoy and if you like the music, go support the artist! They call themselves A Winged Victory For The Sullen, and their eponymous first album is remarkably beautiful.

That's very beautiful both visually and musically. Looking forward to playing this!

I can't wait to play!...Thank you, Yandros!...

Beautiful! Can't wait to play

This looks excellent, Yandros. My favorite setting is with the heavy fog. Looks so peaceful and cold.

Excellent choice of music Yandros. I remember how loved this record when I first heard it. You may also try Max Richter, Nils Frahm and Johann Johannsson. Every one of these guys is a king in his own realm of (instrumental/contemporary classical) music.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I'm a big fan of Johannsson, particularly his early album Englaborn. The copyright holder already claimed the video, but are allowing it to remain up with the option to show ads and monetize it, which is fine by me. My videos don't get enough traffic to make it worth it to anyone, though.

I didn't know Johannsson until quite recently, when I saw the movie Sicario. His ideas for horror/thriller music are fantastic, but the album I absolutely adore is Orphee. I love how he makes his themes so moving and captivating. E.g. this track is like a countdown to the end of the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngUnLL4CAck

Also, it's nice that your videos aren't taken down. Thief is a sort of a niche now, if companies think it's harmless, fine by me.

I'm also a fan of Johann Johannsson; Yandros introduced me to his music. And I like Max Richter, though I haven't listened to much of his stuff yet. I haven't heard of Nils Frahm, though, so thanks for mentioning him. I'll check him out.

Looks beautiful Yandros. I can't wait to play this.
    The music and the desolation remind me of Dear Esther.
    Last edited by klatremus; 16th Jan 2017 at 22:04.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I'm also a fan of Johann Johannsson; Yandros introduced me to his music. And I like Max Richter, though I haven't listened to much of his stuff yet. I haven't heard of Nils Frahm, though, so thanks for mentioning him. I'll check him out.
    Nils Frahm is amazing, I bet you'll love his work. "Screws" a good start, nice and intimate (sort of Keith Jarrett – "The melody at night with you"), while "Spaces" is a quite intense live album. "Solo" requires a specific mood, mindset. It's an exercise in repetition, slow, very calm, almost boring. Almost

(Edit: sorry for slightly derailing the thread )

Great video! I can't wait to play this.
    I'm also a huge fan of JJ's work, particularly this piece.

Spot on, Chris.

Amazing.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    No worries on derailing the thread. I haven't seen any of the films he's scored recently like Sicario and The Arrival, but I'm sure to hear his work on the Blade Runner sequel since he's scoring it as well. I've read the reviews on Orphee are positively glowing, so I will likely get it soon. He actually played a concert relatively close to me last fall but I couldn't make it.

Thanks for the info, Judith. I'll be sure to listen to those. And Solo sounds like something I would like, actually.

Btw, nice video, Russ!