TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 18 1234561116 ... LastLast

Thread: HoC - 1pt - A long way up - final version 1.03 Apr. 24/04

HoC - 1pt - A long way up - final version 1.03 Apr. 24/04

UPDATED AT 25 may:

hope you will like it.

click on the banner, go to download section and then click on 1st mission

FINAL RELEASE.
    Everything should be fine now.. good fun to everyone.

Sterlino

Download: Taffersparadise
    Last edited by nickie; 9th Oct 2016 at 11:38. Reason: Added download link

Downloading now!

Archivist
    Great news Sterlino ! I'm downloading it right away!

Thank you Sterlino for your dedication to making your FM and fixing it more than once to get it "right"! However at 81mgs...I have to wait till later to get it (computer in shop that I want to get and put it on) will not be here till tomorrow. Sadly many things have happened that has delayed this more than once of late...but I shall look forward to playing your FM as it has looked very nice from your screens...and as any new creator will experience, some hazzards along the way to the final product Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

to tell all the truth..... i just started the works on the second capter.
    And now it's soo easy to build for me...

but i have a dilemma about it.....

this is not the correct place to discuss about that thing... i will explain more on the future. (thief III begin to shine on the horizon of the fans now....)
    Last edited by sterlino; 24th Apr 2004 at 20:49.

I was wondering about this one today...great!

Downloading!

Join the Empire and together we shall build grand thief 3 missions.
    Bhahahaah.

Started playing it and it looks great so far (even though in certain areas it turned into a slide show- even on my 2ghz pentium 4, with 512 megs of RAM and Radeon 9800 Pro card )
    Anyway, I think I may have encountered a bug that could make it so I can't finish the mission, and I'm wondering if there's any way around it.
    spoiler:
    I just swam through a secret tunnel and found the water key, and when I pick it up I get about 5 new objectives, including "Find the water elemental key"- which checks off instantly. The problem is, there's a lock nearby for me to put the water key in, but when I do the objectice un-checks itself. I can't pick the key back up, so I can't fix it. Is there any way around this?

Fun mission though...luckily I saved right before this "bug".

Damn !
    this is in the medium level right ?

anyway you can not use the key cause the objectives don't include to unlock anything with that key.

edited: this is a unespected serious bug. And it's so easy to solve that i have just fixed it.
    I will waits other things and other bugs notified with pm to release (dunno when) a new critical version. this is the reason of the version name 0.95b i knew that something of wrong just came out....
    Last edited by sterlino; 25th Apr 2004 at 17:15.

Yes, I'm playing on the "medium" difficulty setting.
    Anyway, I've decided to wait for the next version of this FM to play through it as the framerate in the current version is getting unbearable. At first it was just in one area, but then the lag seemed to follow me around the level- now I only get 15 frames a second at the most- and even that's rare. I really hope this is a problem that can be fixed as I can see that there is a lot of potential fun here.
    Of course it could be just my computer, though everything else seems to be running fine...

Crashes to desktop

I downloaded and installed the vp3 codec. I tried to load the mission and it goes black and flickers, then crashes to desktop. What do I do? I want to play but cant. Thanks for any help.

Sting

Re: Crashes to desktop

Originally posted by Stingm
    I downloaded and installed the vp3 codec. I tried to load the mission and it goes black and flickers, then crashes to desktop. What do I do? I want to play but cant. Thanks for any help.

Sting
    what kind of pc do you have ?

I have a p4 1.5 512ram geforce 3 ti.

Hope you can help.

Sting

go to www.vp3.com and find something about the geforce.... may be some config to setting..

I have an Athlon 200xp (1.6 gig), 256mb DDR memory and a Geforce 4 mx 440 (128mb 8x AGP) Although this isn't as poweful as some of yours, i can play this FM with no slow downs whatsoever! I'm also running Windows '98

Do you taffers' re-install the latest version of Direct X after un-installing then re-installing the latest video drivers? If not then that's probably your problem. Ye should always re-install Direct X after updating your video card drivers.

may be that someone has trouble to play in the forest cause i have add some new ambient acked that increase the job of the audio cpu.

this is the only answer that i can found at the moment..... for the rest of the week i will try everything to cut off these problems.

I checked the vp3 site like you said and there was nothing there. I reinstalled the codec and uninstalled the mission and reinstalled. It still doesent work. It just goes black, flickers and crashes to desktop. I guess I cant play your mission. I will uninstall it and delete it. I hope everyone enjoys it. Maybe someone could tell me what happens it this story line?

Have fun playing

Sting

Edit: Okay I got it working. I went to the vp3 site yet again for a last look before deleting the mission. I realized I downloaded the codec for quicktime and not windows..duh. I got the windows one and installed. Now everything is fine. Im so glad I figured it out. Thanks for thr help.
    Last edited by Stingm; 25th Apr 2004 at 21:29.

WooHoo
    wow cool
    im playing this fm , looks awesome promise to be a one favorites fms
    nice textures and ambient

congratz Sterlino
    good work
    tanks for share

Originally posted by sluggs
    Do you taffers' re-install the latest version of Direct X after un-installing then re-installing the latest video drivers? If not then that's probably your problem. Ye should always re-install Direct X after updating your video card drivers.
    Interesting idea, but I don't think that's the problem. I just loaded up Calendra's Legacy and it's running silky smooth, even in extremely high-detail areas. I want to know if anyone else is having this problem. If I'm the only one then...well....that really sucks for me.

playing HOC c....and it is much better. the frame rate seems to be running smoothly so far.

Sterlino....the atmosphere is really great...i love it, and am happy to be playing it (so far).

i am already stuck

spoiler:
    i snuck in the back room of the shop, and hit the target for a secret.....but now i cant get out of the room! i hit the switch on the wall to on, and i hear something opening....but alas, i am still locked in the room

thank you for all your hard work to get this going for everyone...i for one was eager to play, but getting dizzy....now, i can play it, but gotta get some sleep, so will look in the morning for an answer.

You might want to look into reencoding your videos in something other than VP3. I just renencoded them in DIVX, which is more common than VP3, and got them down to 27MB from 54MB on my first go without any visual difference. That's a lot for someone on dialup, and even more for the person hosting them.
    I plan to have a go using Indeo5 when I get home from work.

Originally posted by David
    You might want to look into reencoding your videos in something other than VP3. I just renencoded them in DIVX, which is more common than VP3, and got them down to 27MB from 54MB on my first go without any visual difference. That's a lot for someone on dialup, and even more for the person hosting them.
    I plan to have a go using Indeo5 when I get home from work.
    then..... try it - i give to you the permit to edit my clip to see how far you can make it smaller !
    come on - and let me know it.

aww I cant download it... ThiefMissions says I cant download it because Im downloading something else but Im actually not . Im confused. Shame cuz it looked like a great mission sterlino and I was really looking forward to it .

Thiefmissions.com

The IP address you posted your thread from is not currently downloading anything, and neither is any IP address close to it. There are plenty of ongoing downloads, so the system isn't busted. I'm not really sure what else I can do; these things are usually related to web proxies and they usually pass quickly. But of course waiting a few minutes and trying again and then sending me a PM or email if it still didn't work would deprive you of an opportunity to complain in public.

Page 1 of 18 1234561116 ... LastLast