TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: HoC - 1pt - A long way up - final version 1.03 Apr. 24/04

Originally posted by Stingm
    I checked the vp3 site like you said and there was nothing there. I reinstalled the codec and uninstalled the mission and reinstalled. It still doesent work. It just goes black, flickers and crashes to desktop. I guess I cant play your mission. I will uninstall it and delete it.
    In the event of an emergency you could open Missflag.str and add no_briefing and remove any cutscene to every entry not marked with skip (IE change miss_23: "no_loadout,cutscene,end" to miss_23: "no_loadout,no_briefing,end").

please attention to a bug discovered by myself:

in the sneak level (the medium) you will find that knoctout the shopkeeper will push you out of the game- it's a bug.
    Cause i don't wanna make it so. I would that you can knot the shopkeeper than you have just other 2 left knot to do.

sorry for that, will be fixed on the next vers.

A little help here please guys. I just downloaded the FM and installed it in Darkloader, re-booting my PC as recommended in the readme. When I tried to play it, it went straight into the first mission of T2. I tried a couple of other FM's at random and they all did the same thing. Anyone know what gives? And more importantly how to get out of it? TIA Steelman.

Sterlino....i just made it back in,
    spoiler:
    kept the door open and ripped off the entire shop, well everything that i could anyway!!!

i know i should be able to do something
    spoiler:
    in the cemetary near the shop....there is one grave covered with concret, and i can see that it looks like it should slide open, but cannot find any way to do that!?

spoiler:
    and how do i open that little wood door inside the area you get to with the gate and the wood bar across it? have gone up the ladder, opened the chest, but can't find any way to get in there...i am pretty sure i need to!
    Last edited by nil8hate; 27th Apr 2004 at 00:28.

Pretty cool level sterlino - Unfortunately, I had to go into Dromed to see it though
    spoiler:
    if I bought something in the store it would not work in my slots (like the BJ) and no keys to get through doors that I could find
    and if I get some time I'll send you a list of what I found.

Looks cool though and has some great atmosphere in it - congratulations on your FM!

Whoops!

Ack! I'm playing on "Poor" (hmph - limit my KO's, will you?) and I'm very far along into this very very lovely mission. And I think I've blown it.

spoiler:
    I've taken the coal cart to the end, and doinked around over there, knocking out the guards, and finally used the explosive device on the safe I found on the side of the electrical thing. Not much in there - just a light switch and a gear that opens up the grilliron I came in through. Followed everything as far as I could, but I'm still missing the Earth key. Went back to the coal mine on foot and found the avalanche.

Shoot. And I wasted the explosive device with the detonator arrow. I have three fire arrows but they don't make a dent.

Is there another way to (a) clear the avalanche, or (b) get around to the other side? Or do I just have to start over from the beginning because I'm a dork and never save beyond the Quicksave slot?

Thank you muchly!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Re: Whoops!

Originally posted by Melissa
    Ack! I'm playing on "Poor" (hmph - limit my KO's, will you?) and I'm very far along into this very very lovely mission. And I think I've blown it.

spoiler:
    I've taken the coal cart to the end, and doinked around over there, knocking out the guards, and finally used the explosive device on the safe I found on the side of the electrical thing. Not much in there - just a light switch and a gear that opens up the grilliron I came in through. Followed everything as far as I could, but I'm still missing the Earth key. Went back to the coal mine on foot and found the avalanche.

Shoot. And I wasted the explosive device with the detonator arrow. I have three fire arrows but they don't make a dent.

Is there another way to (a) clear the avalanche, or (b) get around to the other side? Or do I just have to start over from the beginning because I'm a dork and never save beyond the Quicksave slot?

Thank you muchly!
    -M
    spoiler:

yeah, i never thought about the possibility to waste the esplosive charge.... sigh
    i think there is no other possibility except the firearrows... at what level you play ? edited: i see now the level is poor... so you can go to the shop and knot the keeper to get some firearrows in the display chase and in the rear box. Also remember the firebomb. With all these i think you can break the rocks.
    there is no another way to get it to the other side.....

go on an get also the earth key and tell me if you can go until the end of the game (i wanna know if you get the advice: Mission Complete)

Yes there is................

spoiler:
    When you enter the spider caves area and after taking care of all of the spiders look up......but be sure to have a few rope arrrows
    spoiler:
    no I was wrong you can get to the other side of the cave in from the place where the monks are, sorry for any confusion
    spoiler:
    I went back to check again and sorry I was right the first time
    Last edited by maloo; 27th Apr 2004 at 13:07.

Keys question

I've got air water and earth keys(used earth) but can't find fire.....also has anyone been able to open the odd looking door at the other end of the mine tunnel?

Thanks

A little help here please guys. I just downloaded the FM and installed it in Darkloader, re-booting my PC as recommended in the readme. When I tried to play it, it went straight into the first mission of T2. I tried a couple of other FM's at random and they all did the same thing. Anyone know what gives? And more importantly how to get out of it? TIA Steelman.
    Anyone here able/willing to help a poor taffer out?

steelman

yup

That has happened to me a few times try installing another fm then reloading. Did you open the Vp3 file? That needs to be done too.

Last edited by maloo; 27th Apr 2004 at 13:40.

crashes

Hi,

the missions crashes to the desktop when I try to load a saved game.

...... caropr

just to tell you that i'm going to rebuild the whole area of the woods... cutting off many objects that makes the lag...

i'm going also to do the best that i can do to cut off totally the delay and the lag.... but it would take a long time, so..... may be 2 weeks again....

Thanks for the reply maloo I did as you suggested and tried installing another FM then re-installing HoC but no luck, the same thing happened. I had actually forgotten to open the Vp3 file, its the one in the zip file right? When I click on it, it goes through the usual stuff of asking me where I would like to put it etc. then just as it completes up pops a box saying something like: The procedure entry point SetHandleContext could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. Huh? What the hell does that mean? I now find that any FM that I try to install always stops before completion and up pops another box that this time says: Input Stream Failure.
    As I said this happens with every FM that I try to install! AAAAAGGGHHHH Has this FM from hell broken my beautiful Darkloader? AAAAGGGGHHH You gotta help me guys I HAVE NO THIEF AAAAAGGGGHHHH!

I'll wait for v1. But from what I've played so far it's very well done.

steelman

You should probably talk with one of the moderators about this because it goes way beyond my knowledge. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Good Luck

Maloo

Nil8hate this is for you!

Okay I got into parts of that buliding with the boarded gate. Nil8hate heres a hint. Look around the water fall area for a place to use a rope arrow. My problem is Im in somekind of castle with alarms going off and cant get out..lol Nice mission so far.

Sting

P.S. I read above about element keys. I havent found any yet, but I read a book about what to do with them. Where are the spider caves and the element keys?

Steelman, try going to the vp3.com site like I did and download the windows version, this is what helped me in an earlier post. It shouldnt ask where to install, atleast mine didnt.

Thanks for the advice stingm. Thing is, I got sooo p****d off that I deleted the zip file, only to find that all the other FM's still do the same thing ie go straight to T2 mission 1.
    Any ideas on how to fix this? Uninstall-Re-install Thief itself maybe? TIA Steelman.

Stingm

I've played on all three settings in the middle setting the water key
    spoiler:
    is when you go through the water tunnel near the bridge its right in the hallway
    but it isn't there on the low setting. As for the spider caves
    spoiler:
    after you get through the three sets of doors from the water tunnel it will be on your left as you come into the burrik area but be warned you better have all your equipment with you cuz you aint getten back out the way you came in

Good Luck

spoiler:
    you will find the other keys as you go along
    Last edited by maloo; 27th Apr 2004 at 16:34.

Originally posted by Steelman
    ........The procedure entry point SetHandleContext could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. Huh? ......
    what kind of pc do you have ?
    check your drivers.... the directx and the various codec of windows.
    i wouldn't suggest to you to reinstall all.... but in fact, that message is a little scary.....
    but i let the last word to someone more expert than me.......

Okay I think I found the water door. Its near where you start down in the river in a rock hall. The problem is I cant find a way to get it open. Im on the poor setting...anyone know where the key is?

Sting

Stingm....i am still wondering around and am not able to find anything to do...

I have water key, and am at a loss as to what to do next. have opened everthing i can and been everywhere i can. playing on poor (cuz i gotta be able to ko the guards,,,,its just not complete without )

more specific hint, nay spoiler would be appreciated!

never mind...was too boxed in with my other hint to look in the right place

BUT!! i am now inside the funny little house/office at the beginning of the mission...
    spoiler:
    in through the back way, and got my flare mixture....but cannot open two of the doors? any idea where the keys may be? and cant open the little secret door

okay, got one open with
    spoiler:
    my crowbar and it appears to be an elevator shaft with a skull in it....the button does not seem to do anything....got another door open iwth my crowbar that was blank behind it...i dont think it was supposed to be opened...and there is one more that does not make a very audible click when i frob it and nothing works to open it....and still cant figure out how to open the little secret door

BTW....Nightwalker, where are you?
    Last edited by nil8hate; 27th Apr 2004 at 22:14.

Nil8hate...Where did you find the water key and crowbar? By the way
    spoiler:
    Did you climb a ladder, break a window, climb out and enter the other building? If so check the upper room..one has a broken chair with a key near by that will help.
    I got through the first alp, but I cant get through the second as there are turrets. I got the lights turned out but its not enough. I think the water key might be the answer but I cant find it. Helllllllllllppppppp!

Sting

STingm

spoiler:
    you get the crowbar in the back room of the weapons shop...according to sterlino, i probably should not have been able to get in there without a key...but i am GOOD thief!

StingM...sorry i did not see the second part of your ? you get the
    spoiler:
    water key in the section on past the bar....where the water is....in the section near where the diamond was, is a place you can dive down into
    Last edited by nil8hate; 27th Apr 2004 at 23:56.

I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E.

read what kind of night i have passed trough:

after read some posts and notes of you, dear friends i begin to test some things to finally understand what is the cause of that lag....
    and so i found the reason.
    the reason is the loot.

cause the strange nature of this mission the player must find himself in a 80% of external movement... and this is just a sources of an incredible number of problems.
    If we add more a lot of computing that the dromed must do the game become unplayable.
    When you frob a treasure the computing of the dromed is to fire something like 46 arrows to test some things.... 46 arrows that increase (unknow exact the reason) the lag of every new hit they made... i cutted their sounds i cutted their property ...but nothing seems to stop that lag increase effect.
    And so i went to sleep.... turn around and around in bed thinking in a solution...
    finally i decided to rebuild the shop. (for the 5th time!!!).

And.... incredible but true..... in about 30 minutes i rebuild the whole loot count.
    i've tested and it goes well. - at the first test !! -
    Now there are no more arrows that hits something or doors that moving on.... hope this will reduce the lag ....but i must wait next night when i made the fmp.
    Sure will be not the last solution, but a great step to make possible a better playable game.
    I'm proud of myself.

p.s damn, i got to rewrite the ingameshop tutorial.
    Last edited by sterlino; 28th Apr 2004 at 02:36.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast