TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: HoC - 1pt - A long way up - final version 1.03 Apr. 24/04

Jeez, sterlino, and I thought I'd narrowed it down to the rocks. I played through as much as I could, tavern, store, cemetery, house, underwater, grave with no saves. By this point I'm running at ... oh, about 1 to 2 frames per second (PIV 3.2G Radeon 9800) -- really concerned I'd be able to dodge the dragonflies trying to make turns with that framerate. Anyhow, as soon as I ran past the burrick area into the spider tunnels the rocks came tumbling down and the lag disappeared! Except now I've got a savegame that takes forever to load? But when I got back out to the burrick area the game is playing fine here again. I've wacked the three green ones (plus the two dragonflies) but now the save will not load -- just jumps out to desktop and immediately after a fresh reboot too.

I really want to fiinish this one off soon, guy. Good stuff!

Just so everyone knows

In different skill levels the keys\corwbar etc. are at different places........I just started in the middle setting and the crow bar was not in the back room of the store so I wann't able to open some doors and I like some of you cannot do without my blackjack played on poor and I still cannot find the last key-fire anyone know where it is? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Okay I must be missing alot. Its starting to get frustrating. I found the water key, but only got 1 door opened. Theres 2 others there plus a doorway blocked by an energy shield. I have tried all my keys everywhere there is a locked door. Including below where you start in the river at that door. Please tell me what Im missing? I know theres a spider cave and burrick area somewhere, but Im stuck. Thanks for any help.

Sting

P.S. I know theres got to be another door for the earth key. Also I think I know where the tomb is but Im not sure how to access it. Something about passing through the flame.

Can someone post a walkthru?

Stingm

you must be playing on the medium setting........right if you are you find the water key right in the hallway. I tried all three levels and in that one I couln't get anywhere either. Try it on another setting I got the furthest on poor 3 keys but still cannot find the fire key. If you need any further help let me know.

Have fun

Maloo

Im playing on the poor setting. I still need all the help I can get. Refer to my previous post for the particulars.

Sting

stingm

okay did you go to the store? What I did
    spoiler:
    When you first get into the store run to the back and when the guy opens the back door don't let him shut it in ther you will find a crowbar and a dart board which will lead to a secret where you can get som loot. If you need anymore let me know.

Just as a warning to anybody who has not yet downloaded HoC: because of the bugs, the omniscient/hyperactive guards, endless unpassable doors, gotcha traps, the intrusiveness of the objectives regarding play style, etc, the irritation factor for this mission is rather high. Players on dialup especially may want to give this one a miss until itís considerably revamped.

Also, to anyone playing this mission who is still experiencing the ass-dragging/desktop dumping problems, try completely reinstalling Thief. It worked for me, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Karl Stader; 28th Apr 2004 at 09:20.

I don't agree

I think this is a great fm because it really puts you to the test. There are some bugs that can be frustrating but all in all once you put your mind to it you'll love it.

MAJOR BUG

Don't save it anywhere in the lava monster area because when you reload you will have no equipment. Save before,after crossing the quicksand area. K?
    Last edited by maloo; 28th Apr 2004 at 10:47.

this one is for Stingm and any person who play to the poor level.

spoiler:
    there are no lock elemental cause the objectives don't require them... but for example the water passage (the one with the force field on) you can try another way.... i don't wanna tell you what method do you must use to go in...... but try to use your mind and all your possibilities... hehe

help and about the crashes to desktop and the lag

In my case the trouble with crash to desktop when i tried to save and the lag solves when i changed the resolution from 1024x768 to 800x600. Maybe all of you that have the same problem can try it
    I have another problem:
    spoiler:
    When i get in cementary there is a tomb i cant slide, please help. What can i do to solve this?

Thx.

cemetary

You will get something
    spoiler:
    in a nearby building that will allow you to get in

I had the same problems with equipment and saves . I don't mind the download , however a mission of this size should be beta tested beforehand instead of sucking bandwidth with multiple releases - out of courtesy for both the hosts and those poor dial-up users .

Originally posted by bdkl
    I had the same problems with equipment and saves . I don't mind the download , however a mission of this size should be beta tested beforehand instead of sucking bandwidth with multiple releases - out of courtesy for both the hosts and those poor dial-up users .
    yeah, in fact this is an error of mine.... i was tired to work on that level so i ask to epithumia to put it on without a right testing..... the result is a total failure... a lack of experience... please would you excuse me for that, what else can i say ? it's my first mission out.

Anyway if you will wait the next release at the time i wrote you this i just finally solved many many trouble.... the size of the mission, the lag, the loading.... ect.. ect...

Well, I hate to say it but I think this mission is a bit too hard. I think Im going to put it down until there is a walkthru or maybe when the next part comes out, I will try it. But for now this is too hard and frustrating...Im tired of keeping track of keys and running into hords of monsters. Im stopped in the spider caves. Could someone tell me what happens in the end?

Sting

stingm

Can't haven't found the fire key yet, but did everything esle.

maloo about the cementay

Hi again and thx for the answer maloo, but
    spoiler:
    i saw in the shop, the house with secrets, the saloon and i didnt find anything that help me. Would you give me more clues please?

Stick with it sterlino , this is a great mission that just needs some cleaning up . Taking care of the bugs and speeding some of the gameplay up would be great . Damn fine first effort .

b5delenn

This is playing on poor
    spoiler:
    I was thinking of an earlier release of this fm sorry. There is a door where you found the water key(not the one leading our to the garden area) that you need to open. Inside is a chest that will allow you to get into the grave

thx to maloo

Thanks a lot, it is done, I just have forgiven to read a scroll hehehe

Re: b5delenn

Originally posted by maloo
    This is playing on poor
    spoiler:
    I was thinking of an earlier release of this fm sorry. There is a door where you found the water key(not the one leading our to the garden area) that you need to open. Inside is a chest that will allow you to get into the grave
    Howdy!

I found a scroll in the chest but it was in Italian. Can anyone translate? I figured enough that it was talking about dead being alive again...?

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

re: melissa

I dont know the translation of the scroll but
    spoiler:
    you just need to read it to open the tomb

Im absolutely stuck again (snake level):

spoiler:
    I went to spider cave, kill some spiders, take the earth key from one of them and used 2 rope arrows to go up in a tunnel: the problem is that the tunnel goes to a mine and the exit have a lot of rocks and I cant get out

PLEASE SOMEBODY HEEELP MEEEE.
    Thanks.

uhuhehehe...... looks like it's gonna be funny ...... hihi OOoopss sorry

Re: re: melissa

Originally posted by b5delenn

Im absolutely stuck again (snake level):

spoiler:
    I went to spider cave, kill some spiders, take the earth key from one of them and used 2 rope arrows to go up in a tunnel: the problem is that the tunnel goes to a mine and the exit have a lot of rocks and I cant get out
    Hi!

spoiler:
    In the spider cave, use the Earth key twice on the spider light (the metal behind the spider on the wall highlights). That opens a door opposite and leads you on another little merry plotline.

Have fun!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

re: sterlino

Sterlino, please what do you mean with funny??????

spoiler:
    If i must use some device and must begin in other saved game please tell me or ill gonna crazy

buaaaahhhhhh

thanks to melissa

thanks thanks thanks a lot

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast