TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: HoC - 1pt - A long way up - final version 1.03 Apr. 24/04

a bad one news: i rebuild the shop and then i discover that isn't the source of the lag

edited now: bhaa' i don't understand: now i played a mission from beginning to end and the lag is very low.

bho'.....
    Last edited by sterlino; 28th Apr 2004 at 21:49.

As I said ealier, sterlino, the lag disappeared for me when I entered the spider caves and the rocks came tumbling down. It went from 1-2 frames per second to normal or 60+ frames per second just as the rocks fell. Maybe there's part of the lag problem.

I still had a periodic freeze for a half-second every two seconds until I killed all the spiders. Then smooth sailing.

Except the savegame loading gets longer and longer until it finally will not reload anymore but instead falls out to desktop.

ohh god... i have a big supect now: the fog.

i never set the fog as normally must be do.
    at the very begin of building the mission i put a little room of fog with the setting in negative value... the result is a fog everywhere in a "strange" realistic effect.

But it be possible that the dromed put out the fog from that room and going in echoes of it in amount every second that passed.

i have that fear.... so it means that inside the cave, or inside every close rooms, that error fog don't go in.... and the framerate isn't affected.

i would hear the think of an expert in that.....

I'm starting to have the same trouble as Old Man, with each reload getting slower, and slower. Which is too bad, because I just love this mission, Sterlino!

Because of this, I need to ask for an out and out spoiler because reloading is taking over 5 minutes and I keep dying:

spoiler:
    That awful purple lake, just after the fairy forest, the bridge and the bats. Is there a way to cross it without getting sucked underwater? I tried ice bombs, but no luck there...

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

This New Version

After reading these forms it seems as through there are still a few
    bugs to be worked out before I download such a large FM...or get a copy
    downloaded for me..I would love to play but not if more fixes are going
    to be done....What is the update taking place now??? Please let me know
    when ready to download. Thank you coreyb I will take my computer
    all night to download this size FM.

Melissa

The funny looking lake after the forest area
    spoiler:
    is quick sand so get a speed potions(the little red mushrooms are speed) and then run straight across lake and mantle up it may take a few tries but make sure in full health before you go

K?

Make sure you have at least two rope arrows too.

Finally finished
    1 hour 48 minutes
    1300 out of 1300 cash
    7 out of 11 secrets

I'm a happy camper
    Last edited by maloo; 29th Apr 2004 at 12:20.

Re: This New Version

Originally posted by coreyb2
    After reading these forms it seems as through there are still a few
    bugs to be worked out before I download such a large FM...or get a copy
    downloaded for me..I would love to play but not if more fixes are going
    to be done....What is the update taking place now??? Please let me know
    when ready to download. Thank you coreyb I will take my computer
    all night to download this size FM.
    keep yourself thight cause the next version will be amazing...

....release date: next week.

i'm very excited about it cause i found that way to make possible another kind of shop.... that permit me to cut off 60 (!!) objects, and that mechanism don't involves any kind of lag source.
    so the game is much better now.
    And i cut off also the fog.
    i think there will be no more lag at 1 frame per seconds.
    i'm very happy cause i never thought it was possible to rebuild the shop in that speedy way...
    Last edited by sterlino; 29th Apr 2004 at 12:07.

Im waiting the released version, thanks to sterlino, and ...

is someone making a walkthrough? I love this mission but it is too dificult for me hehehe

Re: Re: This New Version

Originally posted by sterlino
    And i cut off also the fog.
    Darn - while I understand why you have to, I'm very glad I got to see and wander around in it before it gets yanked. This is the most gorgeous, immersive outdoor areas I've seen in ANY fan mission. Usually, it's so very obvious that there's walls and edges to the outdoors space. Not so here - again, it's just utterly amazing.

Please take some good screenies before you change the fog, for posterity's sake!

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Re: Melissa

Originally posted by maloo
    The funny looking lake after the forest area
    spoiler:
    is quick sand so get a speed potions(the little red mushrooms are speed) and then run straight across lake and mantle up it may take a few tries but make sure in full health before you go

K?

Make sure you have at least two rope arrows too.

Finally finished
    1 hour 48 minutes
    1300 out of 1300 cash
    7 out of 11 secrets

I'm a happy camper
    spoiler:
    Where u find the fire key ?

Gar. 'nother bug for you, Sterlino

So, somewhere along the way I fulfilled the minimum of 6 secrets objective (playing on Poor for my KO's). And somewhere along the way, it unchecked. I kept playing, figuring it would either end or it wouldn't.

Well, I've been having the same longer and longer load times of saved games that Old Man has been having. Just fired up Thief to pick up where I left off at the castle with the cannons and my Quick Save was gone.

Grr. This is my second time through since I had to start over and I have actual saves this time, but the latest one is with the platforms and the trolley with the ladders. It takes *forever* to get that leap across the long bridge, what with missing, dying, and reloading.

Why would the Quick Save just disappear? Is there a way to somehow restore it?

Thanks!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Garret son

Did you find the place with the monks?
    spoiler:
    If you did you will find some writings about a Sir Galvano, He has changed appearance..........Big bloated.......found his sword near a lava river..........if you need more let me know...........think ice

your are a smart taffer Maloo...

sterlino

I'm nothing but determined........you got me a few times. Great job I'm looking forward to your next one.
    spoiler:
    One thing i noticed when you are going towards the tavern near the street light you can see a phantom door shoot across........weird

Not bad for an old gal eh?

Sterlino
    spoiler:
    Is there any way to open the secrret door in the store on snake? I wasn't able to find one.
    Last edited by maloo; 30th Apr 2004 at 11:34.

Re: sterlino

Originally posted by maloo

Sterlino
    spoiler:
    Is there any way to open the secrret door in the store on snake? I wasn't able to find one.
    ahhw...
    spoiler:
    sorry about it was an error, now fixed. but in the ghost level it will be not possible anyway...

Sterlino

Thanks for letting me know it would have driven me nuts. I have finished it one the two lower setting now for ghost.

spoiler:
    Is it possible to get through the quick sand without taking any damage?

this is really a great mission sterlino. A bit frustrating but like someone said a damn fine first effort but does anyone know where to get the air key? Got all the others, and i remember seeing a key or somthing shiny at the top of the fire key cliffs but i couldnt get to it..

is there a walkthrough for this one yet, i got way too many q, and am so lost in the maze, if ya got even the roughest of walkthroughs, that'll be good enough, right now i put this one on the wait list till later.

is the download at cheap missions really version c? cause it says b in the description....

I would download it but my computer is full.

Originally posted by Master Garett
    is the download at cheap missions really version c? cause it says b in the description....
    yeah i have not edited the sign cause the version "c" has only 1 bug fixed that was important.
    the rest is exact the same of "b".

anyway now i'm testing a new version with 45~50% of lag cutted.
    go to read my last thread about it if you like, dunno what to do now.....

I am still stuck at the begining of this mission (i am playing on the lowest setting).
    spoiler:
    Is it correct that one has to go through the broker window in the attick of the house with the chest right in from of the window? I have trouble getting out through the window. I lean forward and try jumpin in place and sometimes it appears as if I am on the roof but I can't move, any hints?

If this is not what I should be doing then what do I need to do next? I have achieved the loot and buy something requirements.

I downladed the second version of this FM and is lagged , but the first relase is cool no lag only a few bugs

Auraga2us

No that is not the way in.....back at the first falls there is a place to rope up
    spoiler:
    be sure to watch out up there there is a supprise

Good Luck

Keagan

spoiler:
    get to the long middle platform then rope arrow up between the two on your right if you are facing the dead burrik watch out for falling rocks then looking towards the burrik again there is a ledge ahead you can rope orr climb the wall from there you take a speed potion to run across to the key

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast