TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: HoC - 1pt - A long way up - final version 1.03 Apr. 24/04

question: in the weapon shop, is a lock with a metal door at bottom of middle display case, how do you get into it, or is there nothing in there, only thing at the beginning of game i cant seem to figure out. and i finally found that water tunnel.
    spoiler:
    air key where do i use it, the objective about the portal of hell and destroy it where is it, also where does that gate on the last guard section near the tower go, looks like scenery, just wonderin if you have to go in there.
    Last edited by wild_inferno9; 2nd May 2004 at 06:01.

spoiler:
    get to the long middle platform then rope arrow up between the two on your right if you are facing the dead burrik watch out for falling rocks then looking towards the burrik again there is a ledge ahead you can rope orr climb the wall from there you take a speed potion to run across to the key
    Blast, i was afraid of that. I allready exited the air shaft vent with the vine in it at the top. I suposse I have to go all the way back around and climb that sucker again

I am playing on Ghost skill, and I have four problems.
    spoiler:
    I can't get into the cemetery. I did it in the original version, but I can't seem to find the key or lock in this one. Probably just my stupidity. I have 14 keys and I have found all the secrets. Where is the key or lock?
    spoiler:
    I can't get through the quicksand fire beast area because my equipment is lost whenever I reload from a save that is made after the quicksand. I guess I am not good enough to make it all the way through without a reload. I have made it to the mechanized ladder, but I keep falling off and/or not seeing a place to jump off to.
    Please spoil me with the way up. The trial and error (death) is killing me because I have to restart before the quicksand every time.
    spoiler:
    I can't make it in ghost past the two guards on the tower, just before the 3rd Alp. Taking the secret route through the up and down swim, I do not have a key for the door at the end, the one you find after you get out of the water. When I bash the door open with my battle axe, I am busted on the last hack no matter how long I wait.
    spoiler:
    I have only done the water and earth keys. I blew up the rocks in the mine, but I can find nothing up there other than quite a bit of loot. Is there more?

I think this is an outstanding mission in terms of atmosphere and architecture, but I also think it is too difficult as it stands. Keep up the good work, Sterlino.
    Last edited by smithpd; 2nd May 2004 at 16:06.

While saving in the burrick area (in the secret in the lake) the game returns me to the desktop and my save game is completely gone!!

i reach 60% of lag cutted..... i think is more playable now..... i don't know what else i can do....

time for some test now.... and then tomorrow or after there will be the final version.

HoC

I'm playing HoC, Vers 0./95b. Can't find the fire or air elemental keys. Also, can't get past the 2nd gate. I think I have knocked out all the guards. What do I do now?

still waiting on answers to my questions, even the ones in spoiler text in my last post.

hope vincent - ok remember
    spoiler:
    those horrible burricks, go past them, throught the forest, over the bridge, the quicksand lake. keep goin that way. wont tell ya anymore but have fun.and there is another way to the 3rd alp you will find after you go the way i said.

Taking out the guards on ghost

Wanna know a great way to get rid of the guards when ghosting?
    spoiler:
    Lure them near the water where the secret tunnel is and if they fall into the knee deep water and die

What fun wink wink nudge nudge knowwhatImean knowwhatImean

ohh my god, what odissy..... at the end the problem is fixed.

the lag is created by the use of RAM spaces for the various features of the DEX gamesys.
    If we have a small size in MB of gamesys the game is very playable.

What joy for me, all that work was not a waste of time.

next release 1.00

Originally posted by sterlino
    ohh my god, what odissy..... at the end the problem is fixed.

the lag is created by the use of RAM spaces for the various features of the DEX gamesys.
    If we have a small size in MB of gamesys the game is very playable.

What joy for me, all that work was not a waste of time.

next release 1.00
    Congratulations, Sterlino! I admire your stubborness and refusal to give up - it's such a gorgeous mission and entirely enjoyable in terms of story and puzzle solving.

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Well, I never had a problem with the lag, but I had some problems with game play. See my four questions above. I hope you resolve these and other game play issues with some serious beta testing before releasing it again. It is a fine start, and I hate to see it spoiled by impossible situations. Cheers.

1--------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by smithpd
    I am playing on Ghost skill, and I have four problems.
    spoiler:
    I can't get into the cemetery. I did it in the original version, but I can't seem to find the key or lock in this one. Probably just my stupidity. I have 14 keys and I have found all the secrets. Where is the key or lock?
    this is very strange....... are you sure about it ? i've tested dozen of times that one.... but i will check another one time.

2--------------------------------------------------------------
    spoiler:
    I can't get through the quicksand fire beast area because my equipment is lost whenever I reload from a save that is made after the quicksand. I guess I am not good enough to make it all the way through without a reload. I have made it to the mechanized ladder, but I keep falling off and/or not seeing a place to jump off to.
    i fix that problem now... it's only a matter of test it good.

Please spoil me with the way up. The trial and error (death) is killing me because I have to restart before the quicksand every time.
    spoiler:
    you need to have at least 2 speedpotions, then after the quicksand (1 speedpotion) you must jump the broken bridge with the second speedpotion.
    After that you must use the vator lift.. where is that dead burrick:
    wait the vator go to end then it restart to go up, wait 1/2 seconds and jump, but beware: if you have the option on climb ladder without jump you need to climb a little on it every 1 second cause it put you down..... then i think the rest is simple.

3--------------------------------------------------------------
    I can't make it in ghost past the two guards
    spoiler:
    on the tower, just before the 3rd Alp. Taking the secret route through the up and down swim, I do not have a key for the door at the end, the one you find after you get out of the water. When I bash the door open with my battle axe, I am busted on the last hack no matter how long I wait.
    that's simple.... find another method to open that damned door.
    spoiler:
    where is the key?

4--------------------------------------------------------------
    spoiler:
    I have only done the water and earth keys. I blew up the rocks in the mine, but I can find nothing up there other than quite a bit of loot. Is there more?
    spoiler:
    yeah there is many more loot to find.

I think this is an outstanding mission in terms of atmosphere and architecture, but I also think it is too difficult as it stands. Keep up the good work, Sterlino.

thanks... hope is not so difficult as you think, but with the next version something will change on that......
    I made it all for you !

Sterlino, just wondering if the fog will be back? If it was not the problem....
    And i absolutely love this mission. Walking through your forest is like taking a vacation!

Originally posted by Spiderkat
    Sterlino, just wondering if the fog will be back? If it was not the problem....
    And i absolutely love this mission. Walking through your forest is like taking a vacation!
    sure, i love the fog too..... so i just re putted on the mission.

a news that you will like it: in the new version there will be a new fantastic forest section..... (i will post a screenshot tonite).

here we go........

so, i am confused....should we be waiting to play? i have gotten along in the "c" version with very little lag...but don't want to keep going if it is not the final version

and i h8te to wait

Originally posted by nil8hate
    so, i am confused....should we be waiting to play? i have gotten along in the "c" version with very little lag...but don't want to keep going if it is not the final version

and i h8te to wait
    come on...... i have just finished all..... be patient a couple of days.... but if you don't wanna wait more send me a pm, and you will find a little surprise....

fire key ?

Hi sterlino this mission is great even with the few bugs!! I can not find the fire key, I have found the other three. Can you give me a location or area I should be looking??

pwl hello Texas

Okay have you been to the monk area (in the forest)?
    spoiler:
    If you have read the books and letter it will give you a clue to what this monster looks like

Need more help?
    spoiler:
    They found his sword near a lava river

Think
    spoiler:
    Hes big looks like lava and when you kill him the key will show up on the pedistal

One more thing
    spoiler:
    make sure you have an ice arrrow or mine

Good hunting

ok, I mananged the spider caves without any help, wasnt so difficult.
    But I still got some trouble with this great FM (no technical trouble!!!)

spoiler:
    I visited the monks, and one of them (the guy who sleeps) has got a key. Where do I need this key?
    Is it possible to get through the quick sand without taking any damage? I need this information, because I want to finish this FM with ghost rules (no damage).
    Should I cross the quick sand before I finished all the other objectives?

How can I steal the arrows from the cavalieri guard? When I come a little close to them they allways spotted me and I failed on ghost rules. I tried this very often.
    I found a kind of button in the back of the shop and I used it. Im hearing a sound but whats happened?
    thanx for help.

Garrett

As for getting across lake I took no damage as for the monk key
    spoiler:
    Check behind banner in next room.

The button in the back room lifts the glass in the main showroom

explosive charge

I have two questions:

Where is the explosive charge?

spoiler:
    Where is the explosive charge?

and

spoiler:
    Is there a way to get to the next bridge without a speed potion?

........ caropr

crossing lava lake

Would the person who crossed the lava lake with no damage please explain. I have tried at least 50 times. Even with a speed potion, I take damage trying to get into the place where the lava beast is. Do I need 3 speed potions? Do I have to come back across the lava lake or is there some other way to get out?

Thanx

Hope Vincent

Savegame bug?

Is anyone else losing their saved games? I've had to repeat parts of the game several times. When I try to reload my saved games sometimes, I lose them. The slot where the game was saved comes back "EMPTY". Can someone help with this problem. I've been on the game about 9 hours.

By the way, I love the game in spite of the problems.

Thanx again,

Hope Vincent

lava lake

Do you mean the quick sand? Or the lava in the tunnel after that?

for the quicksand

spoiler:
    a speed potion and lots of jumping while crossing

for the lava in the tunnel

spoiler:
    you can walk close to the wall and won't receive damage

hope it helps........ caropr

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast