TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: HoC - 1pt - A long way up - final version 1.03 Apr. 24/04

Gone, but never forgotten
    Where is the key of the air and its pedestal in expert ?

When I returned to the cemetery doors were closed and I have 14 keys.

I play with the last version, C
    Last edited by Lady Jo; 13th May 2004 at 05:37.

Lady Joe

Remember where you got the earth key?

spoiler:
    Well look way up on the left side when you are facing the dead burrik

Gone, but never forgotten
    spoiler:
    The key of the earth was on one spiders.

Lady Joe

So sorry I meant fire.

Version 1.0?

Am I the only one wondering when its going to be out now? So whats up? It was supposed to be out yesterday wasnt it?

Thanks for any info!

Sting

Hi Stingm

I finished beta testing for Sterlino on Monday but I haven't heard anything back. I don't know if ThiefMissions will give you the copy I have but you can ask. The one I have is a little different from the last one, things in different places and the like. Its bugs are fixed as far as I can tell. I played it on all skill levels. Its a good one.

Cheers

Maloo

maloo the version uploaded in thiefmission is only for betatesting yet..... sure i discovered (thanks to you and the other betatester) many little errors...
    i'm going to play by myself to solve many of these "little mistakens".....
    be patients all of you....

edited now:
    i found a very unsuspected trouble with the cimit..... got to fix it.... then another test for 24 hour to be sure that everything is ok, then the release.... sorry but is all necessary, don't wanna yet another fail3d version.

Last edited by sterlino; 13th May 2004 at 18:39.

last objective problem

I had the same problem with the last objective in the 2nd level as the
    1st level. I get the required amount of secrets and the objective checks
    off. However, as soon as I find the next secret the last objective gets
    unchecked somehow.

Also,when I try to
    spoiler:
    use the ancient artifact on the "angel of fire"?,
    I
    just crash to desktop. Please give a clue what to do with the air key.
    Thank goodness the hatch finally came open. Now, if I could only
    spoiler:
    open
    that little crawl thru door in that house with the gate,
    I could get a
    long way quick. I'm having a great time with this mission.

Thanx Sterlino,

Hope Vincent

got rid of that old girl. Did you all know
    spoiler:
    that you get full life again
    when you find those special little gems?
    Now I'm still looking for the
    place to unlock the air.

Hope V
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 13th May 2004 at 23:17.

i'm going to test finally the really end version, what maloo has look at was only the beta of the final release.

The bugs and the errors fixed: (as long as i remember):

shop in game rebuilded and fixed some trouble with the loot frobbing (the version of maloo has this problem)
    spoiler:
    the crowbar
    now will open only the door that are just thinked to be opened with it.
    Final stage of the game complitely rebuilded and with the add of some special effects that sure you will like it.
    Climb stage now fixed and more easy to do.
    the cemetery has a very big BUG now solved. in few words:
    spoiler:
    the doors close themself without a reason, a radius that went to infinite times permit that, now deleted

difficulty of the game re balanced.
    spoiler:
    the trowing dart
    now is activable everywhere and seems to be more real.
    There was an error in the secrets objectives, now complitely fixed.
    i'm going to test some crash errors with
    spoiler:
    the bats
    if there was more trouble i will
    spoiler:
    cut them all from the game

One of the last secret area
    spoiler:
    the mine
    was uncomplete, now linked and functionally.
    Ambient sounds partially relocated and tested, now it is more beautyfull to visit some area with the correct sound that surrounds you....

a special mention for THE LAG - the lag is complitely removed. (yahooooo)

the woods
    spoiler:
    are a new completely rebuilded area
    that sure you will like it.
    the bug that cut your inventory when you reload the game is just erased !
    the patrol of the AI now is more efficent and correct.
    Some music where too big in size, two of them block the game so i've decided to cut some parts.
    Some keys where named now so is more easy for you to know how to do with that or those....
    Many textures, where it was possible, were corrected.
    In the
    spoiler:
    woodhouse
    there was a room not easly accessible, it was
    spoiler:
    too small...
    now fixed.

and so for many other errors and bugs that i've just tested good.
    I think i'm really near to send the zip ...but i repeat to you: I want to be sure about it.

another last thing: the size of the file zip at the end of all sadly will remain on 85mb. The reason is for many things cutted and some added but over all the Clips that after the poll i decided to leave them with the VP3 codec.

Last edited by sterlino; 14th May 2004 at 10:05.

I look forward to playing the final release , thank you for your many hours of hard work . For those of us Thief fanatics download size is inconsequential , I've downloaded far larger on my old dial-up connection with a download accelerator and was glad of every hour spent doing so .

Yep

heh,

my sentiments exactly!

I am still waiting Sterlino!

How do you get the vp3 codec and what do you do with it when you get it. I went to the web site but it seems you have to be registered to access the what ever it is. I am notorious for not seeing what is right in front of me so be kind.

Also I have a problem unzipping my games as I do not have an unzipper (?). My computer died once and when the computer fixers revived it (reloaded windows) they forgot to put in the unzip program. they cost $30.

I think I have galesaver scripts because I used the trial version of winzip to apply that. I think I put it in thief II. Is that what you do with the vp3 codec?

Thanks, I love playing thief but I am a dork when it comes to computer stuff. I really try to read the web sites but I just don't get the jargen.

Originally posted by pale
    How do you get the vp3 codec and what do you do with it when you get it. I went to the web site but it seems you have to be registered to access the what ever it is. I am notorious for not seeing what is right in front of me so be kind.

Also I have a problem unzipping my games as I do not have an unzipper (?). My computer died once and when the computer fixers revived it (reloaded windows) they forgot to put in the unzip program. they cost $30.

I think I have galesaver scripts because I used the trial version of winzip to apply that. I think I put it in thief II. Is that what you do with the vp3 codec?

Thanks, I love playing thief but I am a dork when it comes to computer stuff. I really try to read the web sites but I just don't get the jargen.
    pale, isn't difficult to register to the vp3 codec usage.... simple go in here http://www.vp3.com/getvp3/index.shtml then fill the spaces with your email (could be any kind of email... ) and a name.... then you can download it... it's less than 500kb. there is the link of the download but i think it doesn't works until you need to put your email address and name... http://www.vp3.com/getvp3/software/v...ForWindows.exe

anyway there is a copy of the codec inside my zip file.
    Everytime you click on a .zip file you must click on Evaluate and then you can view what it contains... go in here to grab the last version of winzip www.winzip.com
    then go to the galesaver's scripts source site and download it, open the zip file and extract all to the thief2 directory....

hope that now it's clear for you.

ok warming up........ six hours to go....

edited now:
    damn...... i have finished now but...... i'm too tired to try the upload..... see you tomorrow..... ZZZZZZzzzzz
    Last edited by sterlino; 15th May 2004 at 21:06.

Thank you very much Sterlino. I am assuming that you d/l the vp3 codec on to the C drive. Let me know if I am supposed to put it in thief II.

I will make sure that the FM works then I will d/l the final version and play that one. Have a nice sleep.

hmmmm........ wake up this morning with a lot of little adjustement to set up for the ghost level...... just made it all .....but now i'm going trough another FMP.
    sorry but is necessary.... or the mission on the ghost level would be impossible.

spoiler:
    one secrets was invisible on ghost level, now fixed.
    some lights were impossible to hide near ...now fixed...
    the swamp were impossible to cross, now i set the poison on a very loss lost of Hp...
    added a little feature to not make rumors in some area.... very nice you will love it.

i think that today is the end of working on that incredible mission.
    It takes me for over 1 year and some other months...

i'm just a little sad to finish here.... it's like to read the Lord of the rings and found yourself on the very last page.... after so much time you don't like that is the end... and you are scared about the empty space that it leaves beyond itself...

edited now: a last critical problem founded on a guard.... now fixed ....i'm in the FMP yet.
    probably the upload will be this night.

Last edited by sterlino; 16th May 2004 at 15:48.

the mission won't leave me alone

then it comes out with another error on screen. May be the reason of trouble with savegaming for someone......
    the swamp has a terrible problem.... after all day passed trough thinking about a solution i decided to rebuild the whole swamp with another more simple method.

i've just finished now.. but this would mean that i need again to test it all by myself.

i absolute want to be sure that the mission is full completable for anyone who decide to play it.

now some parts of the level are very funny to play.

Originally posted by sterlino
    the mission won't leave me alone

then it comes out with another error on screen. May be the reason of trouble with savegaming for someone......
    the swamp has a terrible problem.... after all day passed trough thinking about a solution i decided to rebuild the whole swamp with another more simple method.

i've just finished now.. but this would mean that i need again to test it all by myself.

i absolute want to be sure that the mission is full completable for anyone who decide to play it.

now some parts of the level are very funny to play.

Glad your revamping it.

When i first got to the swamp i thought i could swim right over and Glug.. Glug.. Glug...

Its going to be interesting to see the final release Sterlino

Originally posted by dealasteal
    Glad your revamping it.

When i first got to the swamp i thought i could swim right over and Glug.. Glug.. Glug...

Its going to be interesting to see the final release Sterlino
    heh, it wasn't too hard to cross the quick sand/swamp. You just need 2 speed potions (and 2 healing potions).
    spoiler:
    The monk wears a healing potion and the woman in the pup, too. Buy one speed potion and the other is a red mushroom

Cross the swamp:
    spoiler:
    Use the Speed potion and "run around" the quick sand. You aren't going to get much damage, drink a healing potion, if u like. Get the 2 keys and go back by using the other speed potion

Originally posted by Garrett
    heh, it wasn't too hard to cross the quick sand/swamp. You just need 2 speed potions (and 2 healing potions).
    spoiler:
    The monk wears a healing potion and the woman in the pup, too. Buy one speed potion and the other is a red mushroom

Cross the swamp:
    spoiler:
    Use the Speed potion and "run around" the quick sand. You aren't going to get much damage, drink a healing potion, if u like. Get the 2 keys and go back by using the other speed potion
    a

Thanks for the info Garret
    I will try that when the latest version is released
    Anticipating to try this whole thing again in its full glory when its finished.

dealasteal

Across the Quick sand

You can get out of that area another way you know.
    spoiler:
    Get on top of the cable car and when it gets close to the bright light (to the right side of the burek) jump over and climb out the hole and get to an new area

i'm going to test by myself the entire mission... i want to finish by myself.
    IT' S VERY HARD !!! i never knew that side of my mission....

i don't know how you can play the old version... i think is just unplayable.....

I tried the beginning... it's beautiful and clever so far. I'm waiting patiently for the finished product; I'd really love to see the rest of this mission.

Ghost
    I'm waiting for the finished product... but I don't think I'm quite so patient as Wynne !

Dafydd

sterlino

I'm still waiting for the finished upgrade before downloading!!!!
    Please post when you have fixed this FM.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast