TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Awakening help! 1999.11.29

Awakening help! 1999.11.29

Ok, I'm missing the hand, and the key that opens the gate. Also, I've gone down to the prison, knocked out the two guys there, but can't find anything else to do... is there anything else to do there? Garrett does say "Hm... the prison" or somesuch, leading me to believe it's semi-important at least

My main question, I've read that the hand is back by the big pool. The problem is -- can I get back there? Without restarting the mission or reloading an old save?

Thanks, guys.

You'll be able to get back to the start area eventually so don't worry about that. "The key that opens the gate."?? Which gate?

There's an important key in the prison. Maybe that's the key you're missing? It's in a chest, along with a book, I think.

The gate I'm talking about is on the other side of the well you climb out of once you dive in into the well in that little garden, which is outside of the statue of the keeper... hope that made some sense.

I did indeed find that bluish key in the prison, but I was only able to open one fairly inconsequential seeming door with it. Perhaps there's something there I'm missing? i'm not even sure I remember what door it was anymore

I think the gate you're trying to open is controlled with a lever not a key. Do you remember the section where there's a big statue in the middle of a room and you had to rope arrow up and jump onto a balcony to get into the rooms on one side? You need to go back there. Hopefully, you have a key that will unlock the Gate room in here that you couldn't get open before. There's a lever inside that opens the gate.

I hope that's the right spot. If not, let me know and I'll try again. This is a rather confusing mission in some spots.

Wow, Nightwalker - I even made this level (way back when...) and couldn't even remember where Roder was for a minute. How do you remember all these levels like you do?

Yeah, Nightwalker told you right - you get a key that will open a door in the area where the statue is and you rope arrow up to some balconies to get to that room. You throw a switch in there that opens the door to get to the area next to the pool you fell down into at the beginning of the level.

And I put the "hand" in a bad place - a lot of people had a hard time finding it.
    spoiler:
    In the room off the big pool at the beginning of the level on the bottom floor is some crates in the corner of that room. Move those crates and there is a hidden entrance under them.
    I had to apologize to a lot of people for that one.

Sorry for the problems and thx for playing the level......

I really liked this mission and enjoyed playing it several times, though it's been quite awhile since I've had time to go through it again. It's easy to recall details about mission I've had fun with (though I have copious notes on many missions as well as save games ). Glad I could help!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrettwannabe
    And I put the "hand" in a bad place - a lot of people had a hard time finding it.
    spoiler:
    In the room off the big pool at the beginning of the level on the bottom floor is some crates in the corner of that room. Move those crates and there is a hidden entrance under them.

Damn, that was uh, oh well to finish it now.

Nice job, too bad thief 1 sometimes eats up the sound, not many channels.

What an awesome FM! Seems like there was always somewhere to go, or a door somewhere that still needed to be opened.

I spent the last 15 minutes of the mission trying to find the hammer, but I had forgot I picked it up and tossed it away early in the game not realizing it was one of the objectives. Once I remembered this I jumped down the shaft into the pool and found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrettwannabe View Post

Thats funny because things like that are expected in todays missions, and because of that I found it the first visit to the room.