TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 27121722273233343536373839404142475257 ... LastLast

Thread: Get learning Anim8or!

@ GORT

*raises hand*

If you could send it to me, that would be great!

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    i've got them, and i have a tool rack texture from max payne to go with them, so my work shop is set up to look good when i make it.

@ Christine

Sure thing!

The models are on their way...

i'm using lith uv mapper to get my droid textured. its going great, got the core body done, i'm on to the arms, which are identical left and right, doesn't make sense to make a separate texture for each, so i'd like to make a mirror image of the mesh, trouble is that when you rearrange the pieces in the mapper you can't be sure that the resulting map will be the same. lith has a flip option, but that doesn't result in a mirror image of the part in anim8or. is there a way to produce a mirror image part in this program? is there a way to do it with another program, perhaps to the e file?

EDIT, there is a mirror function in anim8or, but the centering of the part seems goofed up, but at least its noe and using the same map.

EDIT2, the newest pic, the bot now has three textures, one for the body, one for the arms and one for the front and rear grills, this was needed because of some stretching, the front grill plate covers it. the little nubs near the arms are messed up and might get a covering in the near future, not sure, i might include it in the grills.

Last edited by Ottoj55; 2nd Dec 2004 at 23:28.

GORT: Mail them to me and I'll include at least the hammer and saw in Thief's Holiday 2004 - I have just the spot for them.

@ Yandros

OK, the models are coming your way.

Got 'em, thanks!

Good work otto, lookin' good.

Making a vhot

I'm trying to make a fountain now, but I need to know how to make a vhot. Can someone tell me how to do this? I'm not even sure if dromed is used for this or not.

In your modeling program, make a shape – any shape – and name it "@h00". The shape will be removed and its center made a VHOT upon conversion to BIN. More VHOTs are easily added by incrementing the two-digit number.

I love this bot. Reminds me of stuff in the Crusader game series (though the bots there were thinner in their sapes, they stood up in the same way).

Is Sluggs handheld lamp available anywhere? I missed out on it.

Or perhaps some nice person could send it me?

its still an object, i haven't rigged it to move yet, but the parts are all designed to follow the droid conventions that i found in the original bots. i haven't added the furnace plate on the back yet, thats one more polygon to add. its 151 kb, 710 polys right now and it gets through bsp no problem.

Wow, that is wicked cool Jason.

I Cannot Read Instructions

Looks great so far.

Does it look good with combat bot motions, or will we have to learn the motion editor?

edit: sorry, didn't read your post

Looks great. Definitely fits in more than a dumb ol' Karras CombatBot.

Interesting shape on the weapons, whatcha gonna make them fire?

i was thinking about firing a custom fire arrow, make a missile model and explode them like the sunburst device. KABOOM THIEF. i'm going to add the axles and such now and see how it moves. proportionwise i think its going to work, its similar to targa's bot that was never finished.

EDIT: i'm a bit confused about how meshbld works, the major pieces of the bot are named the same of the original combat bots, and the joint markers are the same, but in the interface i have about 30 pieces, some of which are just submeshes of a part, but i can't edit them all, i can't specify texture at such on more than the first 12, is there a clear tutorial someplace step by step on how to use meshbld?
    Last edited by Ottoj55; 4th Dec 2004 at 18:19.

I haven't a clue, hopefully one of the mesh masters will be able to help you.
    Say, how about having it fire the frag grenades that somebody made a demo for (was it Targa?)

Yes, the frag grenade demo was made by Targa. I think you can get it from his site. You can get there from the Dromed FAQ page.

I'm sorry, but that bot really does look like a roasted chicken. You have to add sound effects. Make the thing squawk instead of whir!

it'll have come good sounds, i'm collecting animal sounds and passing them through a vocoder to make the thing sound mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoj55
    its still an object, i haven't rigged it to move yet, but the parts are all designed to follow the droid conventions that i found in the original bots. i haven't added the furnace plate on the back yet, thats one more polygon to add. its 151 kb, 710 polys right now and it gets through bsp no problem.

that's one kick ass robot
    keep the good work up

WOW Ottoj55!!

Yeah.... That's just great dude!

i've redone the "head" portion of the bot, removed some trim and simplified the model, i've cut nearly 150 polys from it and it still looks great, i might make a couple small changes to the texture yet, but it also gets through bsp error free, no more sliver triangle errors for me.

so now its back to rigging it to move.

Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 27121722273233343536373839404142475257 ... LastLast