TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910152025303540455055 ... LastLast

Thread: Get learning Anim8or!

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    very impressed sluggs, that tutorial page you sent me to was great.

Thankyou all!

'Ere, 'ave another screenie!

One thing though, this object doesn't appear to floor in Dromed but in-game it certainly does! I've had a look at the object again in Anim8or and it's fully centered so i can't understand why it does this! It may have something to with the fact that the final object was scaled down for T2, i'm not sure.

Anyways, i will soon have my fountain finished-up and then i will start on the wall lights for my FM. I just have to create the water part in the middle, like a Font, and then texture it. After those, some Window Frames, like this because i'm sick of having to brush them out all the time, plus it's another way to reduce those dreaded poly counts!

Anyone know how to set objects to "Wall" like the torches do when you type "Wall_Object"?
    Last edited by Sluggs; 24th Mar 2007 at 23:45.

Sluggs, what are you doing up at 6:28 in the morning? It's unnatural!
    BTW Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    Anyone know how to set objects to "Wall" like the torches do when you type "Wall_Object"?
    You're not using Komag's menus? You should because Wall, Ceiling and Floor Object are in the Edit menu.

An object won't Wall (or the other two) if it's too far away.

You'll notice that ElecWallLights only connect with the Wall when there facing 180 degress in the wrong direction. See the ballroom in Gervasius's mansion.
    If you want the light to face 90, you have to set the Heading to 270, Wall Object, then set it to 90. They forgot that last bit in Gervasius's mansion.

180 degrees is easy enough, but if the object doesn't have a square bouding box then a 90 degree error is rubbish. Takes banners for example. Place one near a corner and Wall it.
    The problem is the way it's oriented in the object program.
    If your object has this problem, open the original file (hopefully you kept the an8) and rotate it 90 degrees on the Y axis.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    some objects don't wall correctly, the sides wall instead of the backs, i realized that in t3 most of the windows on the streets are just objects, i'm thinking about doing this as well, it would allow for a lot of detail and polycount savings, but i'm nearly the object maximum, i'm at 1994 in the basso project and still have a lot to add.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul
    If your object has this problem, open the original file (hopefully you kept the an8) and rotate it 90 degrees on the Y axis.
    Thanx for that, that's what i needed to know. As for the .an8 files, i save everything that can be saved! As for things like custom menus and scripts, i don't use them.

@ Comfy, true but i'm a nocturnal fop!

I added a new object to my Custom Objects section on my site today. If you have trouble finding it, it should be added to Schwaa's Low Poly Guild soon. Thanx Schwaa. I won't post here from now on when i have created a new object, you'll just have to keep checking my site! Taff on!

This texturing business isn't so bad once ye get started! I'm rolling these models out now like there's no tomorrow! (Unlike my FM's) I just finished a Ball Light, now on my site. I know i wasn't going to mention this any more but there's probably taffers' who could use a new light for their Mansion! You could even scale it to half-size and use it as a DeskLamp!

Ze object...

I had to look at an original T2 light to help me with this as the original object i created didn't illuminate! All fixed now!

What ye waiting for, get using it!

PS. More lights coming soon!
    Last edited by Sluggs; 24th Mar 2007 at 23:46.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Looking great, sluggs! Suggestion - why not make the stained glass on your window partially transparent?

I can easily do that Yandros. I'll make a couple more versions of that soon. Variety is the Spice of Life and all that twaddle!

sluggs i'm looking for your new windows glass..... where i can find it ?

i love it very much... Bravo !

Great work. Keep it up.

[edit] Oh yeah, I need to talk to you. I'll just do it thru a Pm.(go check your pms) [/edit]

~SG

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino
    sluggs i'm looking for your new windows glass..... where i can find it ?

i love it very much... Bravo !
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vaughn....s/winframe.zip

Please note, this object has an error! If you place a light source in front of it, it shines right through the object and doesn't light up the window glass! (If anyone can tell me why i'd be very grateful)

If you don't need any light sources in front of it then it's great as is. I shall be making a few more versions very shortly and some will have illuminated and also transparent glass too.
    Last edited by sluggs; 8th Jun 2004 at 20:30.

For those of you who have downloaded my objects, please re-download them as they have been updated. I recently found a way to fix the objects that didn't align with the Floor/Ceilling. (Placing objects at 0/0/0 in Anim8or doesn't work with all objects and they will not align properly in Dromed) All the objects on my site are now fixed. There's also a new version of the Window Frame object. This one is without the window and is for placing onto a window texture. (Can be used indoors & outdoors)

Thanx
    Last edited by Sluggs; 24th Mar 2007 at 23:46.

Excellent work. Thank you. This is really going to help on polycounts.

Thanx very much, and thanx for using it. It can save on other stuff too like a sound trap and a hacklight. You can add a lightsource to the frame, which will shine in the center of the glass texture, and a sound source, for outside wind sounds. You really should remove the frame's physics, Physics/Misc/Collision Type and set it to none. That way, hitting the frame in the center where the glass texture is, won't make a wooden sound! Plus you can jump through the frame this way too. You can also place a candlestick on the window ledge too without any problems. Why nobody had made something like this before is a complete mystery to me!

Currently, i only have this frame for 8x4 windows, so soon, i will make a couple more frames for other window sizes.
    Last edited by sluggs; 11th Jun 2004 at 02:17.

Ok, I have my object made in Anim8or, but I can't get it into a Thief-usuable format. I haven't UV-mapped it because I can't find anything on how to do it (it is textured though).

Also, I would post the picture of it on here, but I just can't seem to figure out how .
    The shadows and the mind are one in the same; both hold all the secrets in the world.

You need to run the file through (N)3ds2e.exe and BSP.exe, both of which should be found in your dromed directory (N3ds2e.exe can be downloaded from DC).

As for posting pictures, upload them to imageshack first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Monkey
    You need to run the file through (N)3ds2e.exe and BSP.exe, both of which should be found in your dromed directory (N3ds2e.exe can be downloaded from DC).

As for posting pictures, upload them to imageshack first.
    Right now I'm trying to run it through Nameless Voice's .3ds-->.bin program, but it doesn't seem to want to work. I'll try your suggestion next.

As for the pics, I just couldn't figure out how to get a picture of it while it was in Anim8or. I do know how to get them online .
    The shadows and the mind are one in the same; both hold all the secrets in the world.

Just press "PrintScreen" on your keyboard and then run your paint program. Your piccie should now be in the clipboard, whatever that is, memory i think, then just goto "Edit" and "Paste Image" if nothing happens, then try again. Glad to see another taffer at this!

BTW, i never got 3DS2BIN to work either, even after installing the VB files! I contacted NV about it but he was stumped too! I guess it doesn't work on Win 98. Do you use 98 to?

I use 98SE. When I formatted I ran into the same problem you did, and installing the VB files did naught. But then I stumbled across a reference to some files in the readme of some completely unrelated piece of software, and that did the trick. Sadly though, I can't remember its name.

I'm going to have a Door&Window frame pack soon. I just finished another window frame for an 8x8 glass texture and i was going to zip it up alone but then i thought, "What's the point in doing that? Why not just make a pack?"

So, i'm doing just that! I'll post here when it's done.
    Last edited by sluggs; 11th Jun 2004 at 11:08.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Excellent! Looking forward to it. I've been thinking of making a tut or two...

Sluggs is the new master builder folks !!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros
    Excellent! Looking forward to it. I've been thinking of making a tut or two...
    Thanx for the support taffers', it really helps. Please go ahead and write some tuts, you can never have enough of those! I shall do the same for making an object starting from Anim8or and ending up in T2, one day.

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910152025303540455055 ... LastLast