TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38131823283338434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1546

Thread: Get learning Anim8or!

Are you just larking about or is this for another mission? If the latter, how do you do it?

I messed around with an idea about a week ago, creating a room that looked dreamy, and it worked! The room looked bright, and soft too. It looked like you were in a dream sequence, sort of like in Max Payne. Soon got bored of that though!

This is for my next FM. It will be a manor style with a large basement. The Pic shows one on the ground, one ready to go, and one in his hand.

I attached a emittrap to his butt with CreatureAttachment and set the object to be dropped as the sinker. It needed to be flat when seen on the ground. There is a hidden button which triggers the emittrap, and a receptron for each weapon to control the servant frobbing the button when he is hit. I had to add the script ReloadTweqEmit to the emittrap to allow it to be used again.

Now when he is standing around, he will drop one every 30 seconds, and will also drop one when hit with a weapon. I put the new one in his rear as a permanent attachment without allowing the player to obtain it. You can see the end of it sticking down below his tunic. The story will explain why he has one in his hand. I also put an emitstreamtrap to drop the 30 second dropping and CreatureAttached it to his butt.

I added the suspicious properties to the droppings so that the AI would make their "what's this" comments, but they were saying them too many times, so I removed them.

http://www.geocities.com/john9818a/No8/dump082.jpg

Hitting the servant too many times causes too many objects to appear, so now I need to figure out how to make it only happen every fifth or sixth time.

Here's an mpg of it. http://www.geocities.com/john9818a/N...edsdepends.mpg
    Last edited by john9818a; 20th Apr 2006 at 12:54.

What the?

Now I've used Anim8or for years, and never had this problem - all of a sudden, any object I build and port into T2 seems to have all its textures inside out. If you look at the back of an AI you can see his eyes, if you look at the front you can see his butt. What's going on!?
    Rob

The faces are all facing inwards. In Thief, when you look at the back of a face, you see through it.

In Anim8or, select all the faces (careful though, because some may already be okay). If you then switch to one of the solid veiws (but stay in Object/Point Edit mode), you should see that many of the faces are blue. If you go to Edit > Flip Normals, each selected face should now face the opposite way. Forutnately, it doesn't break the texture alignment.

I'd have mentioned that already but he say's he's been using Anim8or for a long time and suddenly his textures appear back-to-front. I couldn't think of any reason why that would happen, unless he's been doing something wrong, maybe after a long spell away from Anim8or.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul
    In Anim8or, select all the faces (careful though, because some may already be okay)
    You can deselect a face by holding down the ALT key, then Right cliking on the face you want to deselect.
    Keep taffing, greetings from Nielsen74

Thanks, I had no idea

Well, thanks anyway

Thanks, people - the flip normals thing worked. I still don't know why all my models are starting inside out - they never used to.
    Rob

Iīv made some furnitur to go with the Victorian bed 2 and the VicAmoire, maby some one is up for hosting them???

Nice models there Nielsen74. The lock on that chest sort of looks like a Cigarette lighter! There's a neat idea... Unlock the chest and you get burnt!

Excellent!

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    i can host if you are in need, i need the zip and a thumbnail image.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoj55
    i can host if you are in need, i need the zip and a thumbnail image.
    Thanks, Mailīs on itīs way

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    these new objects should be posted soon. if anyone else is in need of some hosting for objects email me about them, schwaa doesn't update the low poly guild too often and not everyone can afford to buy hosting. i've got space and bandwidth to spare.

A little odd, but here's some rather flat beasties!

As usual, i've sent the pack to Otto.
    Last edited by Sluggs; 25th Mar 2007 at 01:31.

inspired by this thread i've done dozen of new objs (i usually reveal them all when my missions are complete) above it all i think is time to make it 'stiky'. d'ont u agree??

I only release a few new models, the rest will come with the mission. I was going to make a new pack, complete with gamesys, but i thought i might as well release everything in a new mission instead. Don't expect to see the Elephant in-game, or the Bison, at least i think it's a Bison, but i think i'll use that Camel for an Easter Egg. Whoops, said too much there!

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    I only release a few new models, the rest will come with the mission. I was going to make a new pack, complete with gamesys, but i thought i might as well release everything in a new mission instead. Don't expect to see the Elephant in-game, or the Bison, at least i think it's a Bison, but i think i'll use that Camel for an Easter Egg. Whoops, said too much there!
    They could be displays in a museum or mansion, either stuffed specimen sor wax replications, whichever.

By the way, it's great to see this thread is still getting a lot of activity.

No, they are only suitable as distant objects. They are not 3D models, but flat cardboard cut-outs.

I am trying to do some simply editing of an existing model. I converted to .e with bintoe.exe, then to .3ds with eto3ds. In Anim8or, I imported, changed the scale, and rotated it, hen exported. Then usedN 3ds2e.exe and bsp.exe to get my .bin. Everything seemed to be going fine, all files were getting produced, no error messages. But in DromEd, all I can see is a wedge. However, the wedge looks like it has been scaled and rotated!

What is going and how do I fix it?

Have you placed the .bin file into a folder called obj in your main T2 directory?

Yes, I did that.

I can only assume that the Shape/Model Name isn't correct. If Dromed can't find an object, it appears as a wedge. Either that, or there is something wrong with the model. Feel free to send it my way and i'll have a look at it for you.

@ Everyone else, if these might come in handy for your water contest mission, they're available from Otto's site.

Last edited by Sluggs; 25th Mar 2007 at 01:33.

I will do that, thanks.

Voice Actor
    Edit: OK, you changed your post so my comment is way out of context, so I'll just say: nice work sluggs!

Don
    Last edited by dlw6; 18th Jul 2006 at 07:29.

Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38131823283338434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast