TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Randy Smith's Older Bro Submits FM! McLeod's Revenge - 2004.06.03

Randy Smith's Older Bro Submits FM! McLeod's Revenge - 2004.06.03

Heya all...OldWeird here! HeHe! Even though my little bro is no longer in the big Thief picture, I will always enjoy the Thief series. I began work on this mission back in 2001...LOL! After having some probs, I decided to work on my 2nd mission instead. Luckily, I went back to my original mission and worked out the bugs so it can now serve it's place as the 1st mission of 3 in my current campaign...McLeod's Revenge. Nuttin' fancy...no map or custom stuff...but it's 19MB! LOL! Hope you all enjoy it!

GET OLDWEIRD's FM HERE...http://users.adelphia.net/~taoc/

p.s. Good Luck Bro in your future endeavors...You Did Good!

new fm

Happily downloading.

Hi oleweird...I'm a bit confused...you say your FM is 19mgs but shows up in my loader as only 2.18? What's the deal??? Thanks and Good Hunting~!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

FM is in WinZip format...ready for DarkLoader Play! :)

Yes, the zipped file is only around 2MB but its contents are all there...including the 19MB mission file. Sorry for any confusion. Should be good to go with DarkLoader.

Thiefmissions.com

.mis files compress really, really well.

Huge place

This place is really big but I'm finding a whole lot of nothing. Guards have no keys for the two locked places i've found. Any clues?

Make Your Way To The Basement...

...sometimes doors open when we see the light...

Wink to you too

Just after I wrote that post I figured it out. Nice.

Now Look What You Made Me Do! HeHe! :)

I fixed the alarm problem...I'd suggest leaving it on Normal/Easy or you'll most likely drown at some point...no other hints...let's see who the real thieves are...shoot, I work 3rd shift...I'm pooped...gl again all!

Thiefmissions.com

Should I take that to mean that you've updated the mission? Because if so then I have to update the copy at thiefmissions.com and put out an announcement.

Yes...plz update it...sorry for the extra work...

I won't be updating it again...the alarm was the last thing I worked on before I finished up and submitted it the 1st time. I had forgotten to change one thing however....sorry again.

Sorry Old, but I gots to ask ya....did you encourage Randy to help you?

Definitely no offense is meant to you and your abilities to Dromed - but to have the "Master Builder" as a brother would have been an incredible temptation to most of us in here I think.

I know I personally would have bugged the hell out of him...haha

p.s. ask Randy for the levels him and Emil were working on at LGS (Emil told us about it about 2 years ago) that they never finished and YOU can release them and then we can play them legally....

just teasin ya...and congratulations on the FM and thanks for your level sir!

Thanks for the explaination of file...will be getting it shortly However, I think that's a fine idea about that level if it's not owned by Eidos, etc. Maybe it could be finished by you (or both)? That would be really neat if it could be done...give us a little hint if possible Thanks for the release and fix of your first and hopfully not the last! Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

Thiefmissions.com

I updated the copy at thiefmissions.com

Stuck already

Well the zombie is down one guard is in the well and the other is lying on the table...whats next ?? I go up the ramp and find nothing and have combet the yard and well but dont see a way to proceed. Help !!!

I got it
    Last edited by Lightningline; 3rd Jun 2004 at 23:27.

interesting mission, I have the talisman of water, earth, and I do know where the talisman of air is. But do not have enought breath potion to come back. Is there another way to leave the area where the talisman of air is?

I finally figure out the exit from the talisman of air area. I have the eye and the only thing is mission is the talisman of fire. Does Anyone have the location to the where abouts of the talisman of fire might be. thank you

I am so humbled, I am in the presence of greatness, Builder be praised the Phoenix has finally risen from the LGS ashes and hopefully will stick one in the Eidos eye. Enough twaddle downloading now,
    Thanks Oldweird.
    Ravenhook

Silent Warrior

I know where it is but my spoiler button isn't working so you can pm me and i'll let you know. I have the fire and earth keys haven't found the others yet am really low on health.

Okay i've been at this a while now, I can see the water talisman but there is a locked gate near cemetary but I have three keys none of them open it and i've backtracked, stuck stuck stuck. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by maloo; 4th Jun 2004 at 12:24.

Maloo,
    spoiler:
    the way in to get to the talisman of water, you will see a torch it is nearby the cemetary, frob it and it will open the gate. You will see fire and piles of boulders, you must dive in there and you will get to the talisman. But you must come the same way you got in.
    Now you say you have three keys, one of them opens the door where to guards are standing still. Proceed to the very area when you first got into the building.
    spoiler:
    Go to the area, where a spider machines is on top of a corpse. you will see some type of balcony,use your rope arrow at the edge of the balcony and get on top. frob a secret door, proceed to the end and eventually you will find life potions,
    this should help you.
    I for one is mission the fire talisman, and I only have two keys. I am trying to get into the secret area where brother Patrick is dead, but do not have that key for the gate.
    anyway, good luck
    Silent_Warrior

Let Me Out?

Hi,

I've found the eye and all the talismen keys. Can someone please
    help me find my way out of the place where I got the water key?

Thanx,

Hope Vincent

PS

spoiler:
    The fire key is in a part of the basement with the three Hammer Ghouls and the safe

Hope Vincent, I too have all the talism,an keys, and the eye. there is an opening in the
    spoiler:
    ceiling, you get onto a big crate and shoot a rope arrow in the ceiling. Now I dont know where it leads
    but I am an adventurer. Good luck
    Silent_Warrior

Edumacated
    WOW! that is incredible! its great to see that bigwigs take the time to come down and gruvvel with us wannabe's ...tell randy i said hi
    ThiefFm Editor, Producer, and Designer of The Bluecoat's Training Facility. Sequal Fm, -> The Eye's Betrayal. 36% complete ==> CANCELLED.

Silent_Warrior

That sounds like the wrong place. I think I was there already to
    my dismay. I want to get out of the place where the water key was found.

Thanxs,

H. Vincent

Hope Vincent, what I told you, it is the way out. so far it's a very fun mission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast