TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: T:DS Tweaker v1.2

T:DS Tweaker v1.2

Well, I've called it v1.2 but its not really finished yet.

UPDATE: v1.2 - 13th June 2004
    1.2 is released. One more tab has been added with more tweaks on it, and the internationalization bug has (hopefully) been fixed - please try it on your systems.

8th June 2004
    Was hoping to carry on with my work on 1.2 tonight, but my mother was taken ill and had to go into hospital. Nothing serious, as it turns out but it was a bit of a scare! Should hopefully have 1.2 ready for release either tomorrow night or Thursday.

Anyway, just updating this post with a list of mirrors provided by other users - so muchos gracias to those peeps :)

UPDATE: v1.1 - 4th June 2004
    No extra features - just much improved error handling and MSCOMCTL.OCX should be installed as well if it isn't already, hopefully eliminating the "dependencies" error messages.

The installer has grown by 500K thanks to that OCX, and my website bandwidth has already taken quite a hit - seems someone has put out a link directly to the file, oh well. I need mirrors extra urgently now before my entire website goes pop!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Where to get it

Main T:DS Tweaker Mirror - Updates will be here first.

Mirrors:
    http://466diamondback.com/t3tweak-1.2.exe (thanks to Taffer_Boy_Elvis)

Its a proper installer package, so it should be dead easy to install. Please, please make sure you read the readme file included in the installer. It contains important information that everyone SHOULD read.

If you could all give me the feedback on it, any bugs/errors that you find - that'd be great.

Oh - any updates to the tweaker will be posted in this thread too by the way. And if anyone can mirror the file, please let me know and I'll update this post. Its 390KB, roughly. My website will hopefully have enough bandwidth to cope, but I wouldn't like to place bets.

Answers to possible concerns:
    Is this likely to bugger up my Thief installation?
    Its quite possible. I've only been able to test it on my Thief installation, and it works fine on that. If you're in doubt, either don't use it - or backup all of the files mentioned in the readme first!

What files do I backup?
    Read the readme - the tweaker does actually back up all of the files that it modifies the first time you run it (hence it requiring 15MB of disk space!) but in case that goes wrong, back them up yourself too.

How do I restore back to default settings?
    Use the Restore Defaults button in the tweaker. This will restore all the settings back to how they were when you installed the tweaker.

If you've already uninstalled the tweaker, then there should be a "TweakDefaults" folder inside your Thief - Deadly Shadows installation folder. Copy the files back to their correct places from there. The correct places can be found in the readme.

What do I do if it buggers up my game?
    Let me know. I'm afraid I can't take any responsibility for buggered games - its your decision whether you want to use the tweaker or not. BUT, if it does ruin your installation, let me know as much info about your setup as possible so I can try and prevent it happening to others. You did remember to backup, right?
    Last edited by gazchap; 14th Jun 2004 at 05:15.

works for me!

sounds good, just getting it now to test on my demo install. i'll email you with some feedback matey...

Liam

@Liam,

you stole words from me, if I may say.

I was about to ask if I could test it on the demo....

Gazchap,

You can count on my feedback if there's negative points.

I've not tested it on the demo version as I don't have it, so I take even less responsibility if it buggers it up

That said, everything should work assuming that the file structures are the same. I'm sure Myagi's frob-patcher auto-detects whether its a demo version too?

Doesnt work for me: Runtime 13 error

Moderator and Priest
    Excellent stuff, man. Can't wait to see what the finished product has in store for us.

Did you install it into the System folder in your Thief installation? If so, then you'll have to uninstall it and reinstall it just in to the Thief installation folder - e.g. C:\Program Files\Thief - Deadly Shadows

Other than that, not sure what could be causing it.

Can you post your system specs? Including operating system?

/me has gazchap's baby! Thanks soo much for doing this gaz! Working on a Trainer myself, not for cheating, but for modifying the memory locations to do some of these tweaks on a trial basis. Also will be able to mirror your file for you in a few days. Great job tho! It looks terrific. When i get more of the memory addressing done, i may like to brainstorm with you.

One thing, I see you have Show Tips and quotes, show only quotes, and show neither. I would prefer show only TIPS if possible, I find these tips very useful to the game.
    thanks

You may be better off brainstorming with the guys in the Tweaks Discussion and Requests thread.

I can't take any credit for any of these tweaks. Its the clever guys on this forum who've discovered them, I've just put them into a GUI

Quote Originally Posted by gazchap
    You may be better off brainstorming with the guys in the Tweaks Discussion and Requests thread.

I can't take any credit for any of these tweaks. Its the clever guys on this forum who've discovered them, I've just put them into a GUI

Ah yes thank you, I forgot to thank them as well, There is such a good team of people here, Im glad I found this place, wish i had sooner!
    Great job to all of you. And if there are any others out there with memory mapping skills, give me a jangle, Im sure I could use the input.

I'm trying it on my demo. It gives me Runtimer error 75: Path /File access error.

I installed it into the T3 demo folder. My specs:

Athlon XP 2600+ /333Mhz @2.1Ghz
    512 MB DDR 400Mhz
    Sapphire Radeon 9600 256MB - (running Catalyst 4.4)
    Sound Blaster 5.1 (running the latests driver for this crap, that is a 2002y driver)
    ASUS A7N8X-X AMD DDR ATX - (3.15 drivers)
    OS Windows 2000 SP4 (upgrade from Windows Millennium)

My installation path: c:Games/Thief: Deadly Shadows Demo

IF YOU DO IT, DO IT WITH STYLE

Can we get another host?

Edit:
    ----------

Ok, I am getting an error. When I try to start it up I get a error message reading "Component 'MSCOMCTL.0CX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I have an Athlon XP1800
    9800 pro
    XP with all the service packs etc
    512 ram etc

any ideas?
    Last edited by Nahmoss; 3rd Jun 2004 at 20:11.

Very strange. I put error checking into it yet its still chucking them out for some people. I'll have to double check it and see if I can figure out whats going on.

Thats one of the things I hate about VB, you can't just check that the result of a function was false to decide whether an error occurred like you can in PHP, my native language

I'm off to bed now but I'll be continuing work on it tomorrow night and will post an updated EXE.

//edit: Can someone tell me whether the following files exist on the demo?

System\T3.exe
    System\T3Main.exe
    System\Default.ini
    System\T3UI.ini
    System\T3UISoup.ini
    CONTENT\T3\Books\English\HelpText.sch
    CONTENT\T3\Books\English\String_Tags\Quotes.sch
    CONTENT\T3\Maps\Kernel_GFXALL.ibt

Quote Originally Posted by Dareczek
    Doesnt work for me: Runtime 13 error
    Same here I'm afraid. "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch". And I think I remember installing those VB libraries... The tweaker doesn't work, yet it managed to backup the necessary files.

Same problem : Runtime 13 error. I've got XP SP1.

Anyway, I can host too.

European mirror

Confirmed every path.
    The tweaker reports the error, but it gets the job done. Tweaks ON . Thank you, my good man.

I've uploaded it to the TTLG mirror.

http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=791

Hope this helps out!

very good job.

Only two of the tweaks are working:

movies tweak,
    frob tweak (however in 3rd person, while in darkness, Garrett changes his own color into the chosen frob RGB )

Also I have problems with music: very low, no matter I do.

Good job Gazchap. The tweaker looks very professional.
    Are you going to include options to resize lightgem, compass, selectable item icon, and health meter? Also, are you going to include the remove of the blue glow behind the item icon in there as well? I think those are very important tweaks for PC users to fully enjoy the game, to make it look mature if you will.
    Once again, thank you for your work.

Thanks a ton for your work. Looks great, can't wait to try it out.

Yes, they do.

Quote Originally Posted by gazchap
    //edit: Can someone tell me whether the following files exist on the demo?

System\T3.exe
    System\T3Main.exe
    System\Default.ini
    System\T3UI.ini
    System\T3UISoup.ini
    CONTENT\T3\Books\English\HelpText.sch
    CONTENT\T3\Books\English\String_Tags\Quotes.sch
    CONTENT\T3\Maps\Kernel_GFXALL.ibt
    They do indeed exist in the Demo I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen+Keeper
    My installation path: c:Games/Thief: Deadly Shadows Demo
    : isn't a valid character for folders or files.

Just to chime in

I'm also getting the "Component 'MSCOMCTL.0CX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" error.

I did download the VB6runtimes thinking perhaps that was it, alas no luck after installing them however (Reinstall of Tweaker didn't help here either).

Installed into E:/Programs/Thief3 (Tweaker install found it)

Althon XP 1600
    XP Pro SP1 w/rollup 1
    G4 ti4200 - newest omega drivers

Program is looking cool, thanks and keep up the good work, Gaz. Can't wait to try it!