TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thief 1 & 2 walkthrough/loot lists & maps

Thief 1 & 2 walkthrough/loot lists & maps

I figured I would do a shameless plug for the Keeperchapel page here at the Circle since there are no doubt new people, or some who have never been there. The link is in my signature line.

Keeperchapel features comprehensive walkthroughs for Thief Gold and Thief II (most are 'ghost friendly' to some extent). The best part are the FAQ and loot map pages for each individual mission. I tried to use in game maps as much as possible, but had to create my own for others. The self-made ones are a bit crude but should help you to find all the loot, secrets, and power ups. It's pretty thorough, but needs a few small updates regarding gameplay.

I was noticing a lot of 'help me' threads in here as of late, so I hope these help.

Excellent idea! I'll "sticky" this at the top of the forum so it doesn't get lost.

Keeperchapel is a great resource I'd refered to frequently when I'd just had it with being lost or finding some obscure thing I didn't have the energy to look for myself. It really has everything one needs to complete each level.

However, I did sometimes wish it would contain more than just a bare "go to the place A and perform action X," as I was refering to the page for an explanation of the things in the gaming world or maybe at least a comment. I know it's not the purpose of the Keepers' chapel to do that neither should the authors feel obligated to go into such a detail. But before playing Thief I played System Shock, and it seems that there's much more information or background detail on the Shock universe. But then again, I may have just not looked at the right place for that

Those thoughts aside, I think Keepers' Chapel (along with Lytha's pages) are great.

I would've never finished Sabotage At Soulforge nor Down in the Bonehoard without the Keeper's Chapel

The guild is huge!
    Even bigger than the Bonehoard.

Thanks for the walk/faq pages.

Perhaps it's because I'm on netscape, but when viewing the Bafford walkthrough, towards the end the word wrap got out of wack and there were columns of text. I just want to notify the author, but he has my congradulations on a job well done.

I think it doesn't work right in Netscape, but it looks ok in IE and Firefox. Anyone else having problems?

There's another walkthrough site for Thief Gold here: Klatremus' Thief Gold Site

hedgerows & hammerites

Hi folks, help!! cannot get into the library, did everthing else tho. Please help out a newby taffer.

This post is in the wrong forum. You need to post FM questions in the FM forum . But you probably wouldn't have to wait if you did a search because that Library key has stumped many players. You'll find the answer to your question here . It's a neat little mission, isn't it?

oh NO!

I am in the wrong forum again!! keep failing forums ----sorry--forget you saw this

I did some videos of Thief Gold, and figured they might work as a walkthrough of sorts...so, decided to make a page with them.

Played on expert, tried to ghost the missions, and generally grabbed all the loot. Klatremus' site, Keeper's Chappel, forums here were all quite helpful.

Here it is:

(dead site - check below for new links)

Videos are of better quality than YouTube ones, so, unfortunatelly video size is bigger as well. Biggest file size is around 380mb, Return to the Cathedral mission, with around hour of play time.

Also, these videos can be downloaded, and played in most media players. Included the links below each video.

Hope you like them, and hope they help. Will prolly do them for The Metal Age as well.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Nens; 25th Jun 2008 at 11:06.

Great!
    May I download them and host them here?

Sure.

Clearinghouse
    Cool

Baffeled beyond belief Thief G.

Okay, finally got my hands on Thief Gold. I'm playing the cavern level and I just cannot find my way out. The walkthroughs are useless and the video's don't work for me even though I downloaded the divx drivers.
    I'm stuck in the stairway section with the trapped floor. (in the beginning) I go "east and east" as the walkthrough says and just get nowhere. Anyone out there who can get me out of here?
    Last edited by dickivy; 31st Oct 2007 at 11:33. Reason: add more info

That stairway is where that crab like creature is, right? Trapped floor and chest that is actually empty?

If so, just go more forward (through the *door*), pass dead spider on floor, and there's another hole with water. Jump in, and you'll soon end up with Pavarotti himself.

As for videos...they are compressed with xvid codec, that might be needed to be seen.

Thanks, I finally figured that out. sometimes I wonder how I find my way home.

they are compressed with xvid codec
    Nope. Indeo codec there.

There's iv5play.exe codec installer on the disc. If that fails (too old for WinXP SP2), then download this one:

http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=876

Then read FAQ entries of how to re-register codec if needed.

Think dickivy meant the walkthrough videos I posted above.

Does anyone have a complete archive of those DIVX files Nens posted? His site no longer works and the archive linked to by DJ Riff is actually incomplete. This would be very nice to have, thanks.

I appologize. Stage6, site that hosted my videos went offline some time ago, and I didn't have any back-up.

I am itching to replay the game (yet once again ), so, guess I'll have the videos up again in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nens View Post
    I appologize. Stage6, site that hosted my videos went offline some time ago, and I didn't have any back-up.

I am itching to replay the game (yet once again ), so, guess I'll have the videos up again in some time.
    That'd be great. They're a very useful resource, much better than a text-and-pictures walkthrough. (Yes, I'm one of those people that gets lost )

I'm on the Haunted Cathedral level at the moment, hopefully in a week I'll have them all. Still have to figure where to upload, with high chances I'll go with torrents.

I am playing The Thieves' Guild right now. Last played it several years ago. Very tough level. I saved whatever videos DJ Riff had saved, but this one wasn't available.

It'd be great if some sort of permanent space could be made for your videos, as they are great for walkthrough and ghosting (I've discovered quite a number of loot I've always overlooked, and ways of ghosting past guards etc.). Perhaps TTLG could host them?