TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Moth to a Flame (Jun. 29, 2004)

T2 FM: Moth to a Flame (Jun. 29, 2004)

My new FM is ready for D/L

http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=MothToAFlame
    Additional links:
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://darklurker.org/T2_DarkOrg.html

Thanks to everyone who helped with this and to Jason for hosting.
    Last edited by nickie; 17th Jun 2012 at 09:21. Reason: Adding download links

Sweet, good job. Downloading now. Just finished TDS last night. This is perfect timing.

Sweet! ill play this after i get my chores done

I was one of the lucky people who got to betatest this mission. It's great fun to explore, with lots of things tucked away in hidden nooks and crannies. A very enjoyable mission! Congratulations on the release, madwolf!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I'm a little way into it, and I have to say this is a fabulous mission so far. I love all the little alleys and nooks and crannies like Nightwalker said. Lots of delicious new custom textures for the buildings too, they look great!

Finally...finally. Something to distract me from my ongoing profanity-drenched struggle to find out what's so freaking great about Far Cry. [Current findings: not bloody much.] More Thief, fewer bullet-deflecting ferns!

In the immortal words of Elvis ... Thank you , thank you very much

Hoozah! I was wondering when we'd see a new FM!

stuck

so far ive found two elevator shafts, both out of order, one is
    spoiler:
    in the Warren district after a climb into a window, the other is near a little cemetary by a wall fountain with coins in it

the latter has a wooden roof above it but its too high for a rope arrow, and i see a
    spoiler:
    dead thief
    at the bottom of the shaft

how do i get down these two without dying? So far I have not found any slow-fall potions

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Sorrow
    Finally...finally. Something to distract me from my ongoing profanity-drenched struggle to find out what's so freaking great about Far Cry. [Current findings: not bloody much.] More Thief, fewer bullet-deflecting ferns!
    I agree - Far Cry is overrated (at least what I've played of the demo).

Anyways, downloading the mission - I'll let you know how it went after I finish

ShadowWolf -
    spoiler:
    Keep exploring and you'll find another way in. Check the Mayor's house VERY carefully. (It has some nice potted plants on ledges in front of the second floor windows.)

Heavier spoiler -
    spoiler:
    The key to the gate into the Warren is hidden in the Mayor's house. Explore in there and you'll find the way to the area below those elevators.

thanks NightWalker!

silly me i had already been there but pushed the wrong button twice, thinking that both buttons werent working

@madwolf

I immensely enjoyed this mission, loved the architecture, and all the little nooks and crannies

i love it when people use the horse (must be a DedEx thing)
    and i loved the actors in the theatre

i liked the new AI too (especially the
    spoiler:
    thief mage

I want an sequel!

OHHHHHH....happy happy happy day

happies happies happies

i was the 141st to download and it was posted just 8 hours ago....that must say something for how hungry we are for fm's!!!

Downloading as I write this!

Wow! I haven't finished yet, but I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying this mission so far. The streets really seem to have a mind of their own, what with all the weird little side streets and nooks and crannies. Great job!

I agree, im having a lot of fun so far.

"Excellent. Now I have something to do on my days off this week. Yes, the timing is perfect. " - says downloader #152

This is on par with CL. Awesome dude!

OK. I've nearly finished it. Got all the loot, completed the new objectives, just have to find the Haul. I must be missing something!

This is a great FM. If it was raining and had a thunderstorm, i'd have thought i was playing CL! It's a huge city FM and there's lots of places to explore. There could have been so much more to find though, there's plenty of hiding spaces. One other thing i found was the many floating lights and banners around the place. Did the Beta testers mention this?

Big City FM's like this make me want to make one too but i'm too busy with 2 already and i don't think i'll be making any more afterwards.

All in all, this FM is up there with the best of them, well done madwolf.
    Last edited by sluggs; 30th Jun 2004 at 05:20.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    This is on par with CL. Awesome dude!

OK. I've nearly finished it. Got all the loot, completed the new objectives, just have to find the Haul. I must be missing something!
    spoiler:
    It's down in the Warren. If you haven't found the elevator to get down there it's in the warren area, look for a open window and a ledge.

I like to explore everywhere, so has anyone found a way into the park?

Thanx for the tip. I don't think there's anything in the park, not what i could see anyway. I zoomed in there to see if i could see anything inside but i didn't see anything.

Oh, yes! There's "something" in the Park! To find the key
    spoiler:
    you need to get into a small room that isn't far from the top of the ramp into this area. The patrolling guard that carries a lantern has the key to the room. Climb out the window and explore the room at the far end VERY carefully.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Thanks Linda, I've done everything but I'm about 350 short on loot on Expert. I hope there's at least that much in the park...

BTW, how does one open the safe in the mayor's house? I searched the office and then the whole house for a button. I ended up just frobbing all the loot and the Warren key right through the painting.

Yandros -
    spoiler:
    There's a lever behind the small sofa (padded bench?) that opens the Mayor's safe. You'll find enough loot in the apartment where the Park key is and in the Park to complete your loot objective with no trouble.

Thanks for the comments people. I'm glad you're enjoying it

Linda
    spoiler:
    You were right about that damn lever

sorry, maybe in version 2

Excellent Madwolf and congratulations. I may download it after I finish Hoc.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast